Fortress Incursion Information and Events.

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Fortress Incursion Information and Events.

Postby Viviyana » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Here is a list of events from the past, present and upcoming that pertain to the Fortress Incursion. Please feel free to ask any Order member for further detail on anything. We will need all adventurers, all advancements and professions in order to pull this off.

Done

Cordelia Announces we will March.

After yet another of her people was taken by Balthazar High Queen Cordelia had had enough, she called adventurers together and announced that we would take the battle to him, force our way into this fortress, and get our lost ones back.

Ideas and Theories Gathered from Adventurers

Several meetings were held, open to all, and the ideas and theories poured in. They included ideas for going over the walls, digging under, and blasting through, as well as ideas for new tools and technologies that might aid us. From the meetings sprang several explorations, experimentations, and finally plans.

Tome of Ryn found by Enchanters

Bebhinn and Brisingr held a meeting of enchanters, after a dark fog filled the room Ayla discovered a tome. Later revealed to be of great import and given to Azeraphel's daughter, Arctane. Much information was found in the tome, which is a manual to the City of Ryn. The Golden Aged City that is now home to Balthazar and his Dark Fortress. We learned much of the workings of the city, as well as the beginnings of Balthazar and his betrayal.

Fortress Climb

An expedition gathered and climbed up the fortress walls, it was determined that that might be a viable way into the fortress with further efforts.

Tunnel Expedition

An idea was explored that the bronze veined tunnels might lead in the direction of the Dark Fortress, allowing us to access the ruins of Ryn and hence the fortress from below. After much digging and effort we broke through and fought our way into what appeared to be a sunken temple. There we found signs that whatever had been bound there had been taken by demons.

Various Meetings with Arctane

Through several meetings with Arctane is was decided that she could provide a way to portal the cannons into place for the incursion, as well as reveal the ancient gates of Ryn/Dark Fortress. We would have to get through those gates ourselves though, presumably with cannons.

Doing - Ongoing Events and Efforts

Clearing the Dead Zone
DETAILS HERE

As you may know, we have been clearing a path through the Dead Zone to 'train' the horrors to stay off it and allow for safe passage to the Dark Fortress. If you can fight there, please help in this effort.

Scrap Metal Collecting.
DETAILS HERE

Help provide material for Cannonballs.

Cannonball Creation.

DETAILS HERE

Aryana and Brisingr have been working away at forging cannonballs. They are always looking for helpers and would be pleased to show you the process. We have many cannonballs to make and dwindling time in which to do it.

Coming Soon!

(( This is not a complete list, we expect much action over the next few weeks! We will try to keep everyone informed of anything we catch wind of, but impromptu happens with little warning. So, in short, just play 24/7 hehe. *winks* ))

General Information, Briefing on Fartown, and Incursion meeting.

DETAILS HERE.

Hojo will be hosting a meeting next turn to address the burning of Fartown, give general information on current happenings and discuss the current efforts to prepare for the Fortress Incursion. All are welcome. Please meet at the IO Meeting room in the Dundee Outpost.

(( Monday 8/15 at 3:30 EST/8:30pm BST ))

Fortress Incursion Briefings. (Two Dates!)

Wondering about the upcoming incursion, or need a refresher? Join us in our new Meeting room in the IO Outpost where we will be available to answer any and all questions on the matter that is within our knowledge.

((Thursday the 18th 3pm EST. IO Outpost Meeting Room.
Sunday 21st 7pm EST. IO Outpost Meeting Room.))

Cannonball Making

Everyone loves slaving away over a hot forge, right? Come flex those muscles and forge cannonballs to blast at the fortress.

(( Hosted by Aryana and Brisingr. Thursday 18th 8pm EST. ))

Group Tactics Practice in the Sunken Temple

In preparation for the Assault, join Thorne to practice fighting as an organized group against foes too dangerous to defeat alone. Join an expedition into the underground. Bring torches.

((Hosted by Thorne. Friday the 19th at 9pm Eastern. Inn of Good Health. Branishor.))

The Story of Ryn

Come learn what is known about the Golden Aged Golem City of Ryn. The very city where Balthazar's fortress now sits.

(( Hosted by Bebhinn and Viviyana. Saturday 20th at ))

Sparring Matches

Muscles getting a bit rusty, dust them off with some friendly sparring matches. Come try your strength against your friends!
((Tuesday 23rd 8pm EST. RP and all in good fun.))

Cannonball Painting Party.

Want to send a special message to Balthazar via Cannonball? Come paint a picture or write a message to send crashing through his gate.

(( Thursday the 25th 3pm EST. Place TBD.))

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Re: Fortress Incursion Information and Events.

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:45 pm

This all sounds great. Thank you for detailing It all out for us, Viv. :)

So regarding the cannonballs currently being forged and the future ones we help make before / during the cannonball forging event: are they all solid or are some being created so they can be stuffed with schrapnel, glass, rusty nails etc. for maximum damage / carnage?

Also - I think rigging some of them with explosives (we have fireworks right...so apply tube, long fuse, boomstuff, etc.) so they explode on impact would make them much nastier.

Is this practical or is my pyromaniac brain over thinking the whole thing?
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:49 pm

Ellyana Lilli wrote:This all sounds great. Thank you for detailing It all out for us, Viv. :)

So regarding the cannonballs currently being forged and the future ones we help make before / during the cannonball forging event: are they all solid or are some being created so they can be stuffed with schrapnel, glass, rusty nails etc. for maximum damage / carnage?

Also - I think rigging some of them with explosives (we have fireworks right...so apply tube, long fuse, boomstuff, etc.) so they explode on impact would make them much nastier.

Is this practical or is my pyromaniac brain over thinking the whole thing?

Aryana would know better than I, as she has been hard at work making them all. Ary?

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:07 pm

At my last count we have 88 cannon balls and they are all solid with the majority being made from the scrap metal that everyone has been helping to gather. 10 of the 88 are forged out of strange metal.

As for adding explosive and such to be honest, I think it was discussed at one time but it was shot down for a few reasons. One, I don't know much about explosives personally and if we do have an expert on explosives, I don't know who that might be. Two, there was the fear that it might be too unstable and explode prematurely either damaging the cannons or the people operating and guarding the cannons. Three, there really is not much time left to try and experiment with adding explosives as we are within a cycle's time until the Incursion and I do not want to risk damage to the forge or Shieldwall's hall.

All really good ideas for sure Elly *grins* Just dont think we can pull it off to be honest.
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Return to “Tales of Adventure”