The Bos Rider of Valorn

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
krystoff
Experienced Adventurer

The Bos Rider of Valorn

Postby krystoff » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:06 am

I've had many an amazing adventure, here in Valorn, but my most exciting yet has become my newest pass time! I've also inadvertantly cauzed a craze, it would seem! I've had several people ask me of it, and one or two call me an infamous Bos rider!
Earlin on morn, before the sun had even risen, I'd decided to explore with no place in mind. I stumbled upon the fields where the Bos reside! Quite pleasant, to say the least! I'd seen several of the beasts grazing lazily, paying me no mind, nor I them. I was relaxing from my training a bit. As I crested a hill, however, a rather large male Bos turned his attention toward me, stomping his foot and snorting. This is it, I thought! The size of those horns...Certainly Valornians will see right through me when this Bos has finished! He charged me as I stood on the hill, momentarily frozen in fear and trying to think quickly of my next move. I had mere seconds to decide as the Bos charged ever closer, determined to run me down and trample me where I stood! At the last moment, I spun as he closed in, stabbing it with my falcon in my left hand as I slashed with my right! The Bose turned, ripping free the falcon and bellowing a noise like that from the deps of the graves! A chill ran down my spine as I prepared myself for the next attack! I turned the falcons upside down in my hands, a thought of insanity crossing my mind. The Bos charged again, dirt flying from beneath its hooves as it bore down on me. I raised the falcons above my head and uselsessly shouted, "If I die, you shall join me this day, Bos"! At that moment I jumped, swinging downward with my falcons and striking my mark, a sword in each shoulder of the beast! I planted a foot upon the snout and spun, letting go of my weapons and landing on its back. The Bos screamed again, agony and anger echoing into the morning hills! He reared wildly, at which point I clamped my legs tightly, flailing my arms forward and grabbing a horn. The Bos continued to buck wildly, poorly attempting to shake me free as I grabbed the other horn! I whooped and hollared with excitement, the ride exilerating as well as terrifying! The Bose began to to turn in circles as I poorly attempted to controll his path! As the Bos began bucking wildly again, I freed my right hand to shove one of my falcons deeper into the wild animal's hide! It screamed in rage, rising up on two of its legs as I held on dearly with the right hand and shoving my other falcon deep within the bleeding flesh! As the bos stumbled upon two legs, it began to fall sideways, my legs still clamped to its sides. I pulled my falcons free with slight difficulty, jumping to the left and trying to turn away from the falling body. Unfortunately, a horn managed to graze me quite deeply, leaving a life long scar! And of course, ripping my favorite shirt! Needless to say, however, that fall was the last of the Bos riding. At least for that one. :twisted: While I may need practice avoiding the horns, I've spent several marcs since that day riding Bos, for pure enjoyment if not for practice!
Take what you can, leave none in poverty!

Return to “Tales of Adventure”