March Preparation - Through development

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

March Preparation - Through development

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sun May 08, 2016 8:07 pm

OOC There's a lot of info in this post! To break it down: We need your help. All of the outsourced ideas are great and we want to get them to work, but we just don't have the time. The reason we're asking for people to work together is because it's fairer and we're all aware how busy admin are. We can't guarantee they'll be able to help with every event but 10 of us trying to blow-up or melt (or not!) something is going to have a better chance at gaining their attention than 2 of us. :)

Dear Adventurers,

We would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and ideas.

The Order recently met to discuss the through ideas which have been proposed for the march. We reviewed each of the six ideas put forward as well as what each would require or entail. Due to the importance of this mission as well as the time constraints upon us we are asking for your help. Below we have listed many areas that need further investigation or tasks, as well as the projects Quasha and I will be able to work on directly. Please feel free to take on any of the much needed tasks we are outsourcing.

Projects we are outsourcing

1. Fire Cannons at the wall - Falx Monde
* Different items to fire
- [Outsourced] Different types of ordinance. Rock or metal ordinance was the original suggestion.
- They need to be heavy enough to do damage on impact, but light enough for two adventurers to lift into the cannon
- They need to be cost effective
- They need to be made en-mass
- Please experiment in an open area that has no structures or population. N'rolav is recommended.

2. Enchanter's powder Falx Monde

- [Outsourced]. We'd like to know if enchanters powder can be used as an explosive.
- The last known explosion killed a citizen, any who experiment should take care in their actions.
- There is a concern that the explosion could back-fire into the Nexus. Please do not experiment in the nexus or teleport near your experiment.

3. Elemental reaction from enchanters' staves - Zane Ziegfried

- [Outsourced] We already know that Zane intends to follow through with his elemental theory. We request that he provides the results of his experiment with the Order.
- We would like the follow theory to be considered: Freezing foundation or sections of the wall which are then targeted with ordinance containing molten metal
- If it's the temperature not the magic that causes the reaction: Ice crystals to be considered for as an alternative to staves.
- Alcohol could be used to trigger the ice with an oiled rope and torch

4. Acidic Busters at wall - Pallas
- [Outsource] We need adventurers to gather as many bursters as possible from the N'rolav Beach
- [Outsource] A log to be placed by the chest for adventurers to note how many they have stored.
- [Outsource] We need to be able to use large quantities of the acid. Two sizes (if possible) are requested: Mug sized and barrel sized.
- [Outsource] Suggestion: Lab glass for small containers, or Groob's alloy. Clay pots for barrels of acid (which won't be used for more than half a cycle)

5. Ale and lightning at wall - Brielle Erawind
- [Outsource] Other drinks to be tested
- [Outsource] Firewater and a torch to be tested

Projects being lead by the Iron Order
1. Fire Cannons at the wall - Falx Monde

* Permission to use the cannons
- Quasha to negotiate

* Firing Locations & targeting points
- Hojo to research suitable firing locations and areas to target.

* Moving them down from their platforms
- Hojo to meet with adventurers about getting them down

* Getting them to the Deadzone
- Hojo to meet with adventurers about getting them to the Deadzone

* Firing protocol
- Quasha to contact the Caernivale operator about firing advice and suggested dimensions of ordinance

6. Oil-filled waterskins/fire bombs at wall - Quasha Lavarte
- Quasha to lead experiments in the N'rolav desert.
- Quick use firebombs for internal combat or even to trigger explosives to be crafted.

For those interested in experimenting, please try to arrange a marc where others can observe, assist or test their own theory. Rather than have ten adventurers experiment over ten different turns we feel it would be more practical to have, when possible, all adventurers to experiment at the same time so they can support one another.

For those interested in gathering resources, please store them in a chest located in the Royal Guards training area and use the log nearby to record what you have provided. The Order will not be able to keep track of everyone's work.

Quasha and myself will announce our plans soon. All of you with an interest in experimenting, please do the same.

Thank you to all with your assistance so far, and the work you'll be doing over the coming turns.

In Service

The Iron Order

Iron Commander Raffe Rychmin the Shining
Iron Commander Hojo Musachi
Iron Advisor T'yandra Stallhart the Holy
Iron Advisor Gunthield
Iron Protector Cody Fireblade the Affable
Iron Protector Thorne Blackrose
Iron Protector Quasha Lavarte
Iron Protector Doyle the Holy Warrior
Iron Protector Viviyana
Iron Protector Purazon the Iconic

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Re: March Preparation - Through development

Postby Viviyana » Sat May 14, 2016 5:40 pm

(( I have had a few questions and misconceptions on this and wanted to clear some things up. Hojo can correct me if I am wrong

1. The names next to the projects are NOT who the project has been outsourced to. It is who brought the idea up at the meetings. We like giving credit to people, while recognizing that almost every idea is a group-think type process and many hands form them. It is a point of reference only. Not who is 'assigned' to that project.

2. All the things that have [outsourced] beside them need done. It does not mean that we have already outsourced it. It really means [Needs to be outsources to some brave soul or souls that are interested in tackling this] but that would be tedious to write over and over. SO if it says outsourced beside it, that just means that we are putting it out there for anyone interested to look into....begging is another term I might use. We are all really stretched as to what time we have to put into things and are doing our best to try to get everyone involved.

3. Basically, if you are bored, here are some things to do that would help and might be fun and save our butts in the long run. Grab a few friends and try to come us with a good cheap thing to stuff in the cannons. Or figure out a way to contain the acid from bursters into a larger container. Then, so that admin can see what you are up to if they missed it, and we know what we can work with, and so everyone is included - post your work, achievement etc. in the journal here on the forum as a record.

4. If you have questions about stuff, ask.:) ))

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sat May 14, 2016 9:44 pm

All correct Viviyana, and I apologise the original post wasn't clear enough

"I'm afraid, Isoyami, I have probably already said more than was bought by the Knight's kiss " - Shaerih

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Sun May 15, 2016 3:07 am

Will be working on clay pots for the acid containing.

( But I still think someone needs to invent a steerable steampunk or da Vinci looking hot air balloon flying contraption type thing to get us over that wall :P)
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Sun May 15, 2016 3:27 am

Ellyana Lilli wrote:Will be working on clay pots for the acid containing.

( But I still think someone needs to invent a steerable steampunk or da Vinci looking hot air balloon flying contraption type thing to get us over that wall :P)

The Bunny's hall has an invention laboratory for just that thing! I think they do, at least! ))

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Sun May 15, 2016 3:53 am

Yes we do Viv! (Though you may have to Rp some of it out as we dont have that stuff lol)

If you need to use the Bunnies place, just PM me!
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Sun May 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Brielle Erawind, Flax Monde and Aryanna have been working on a plan to experiment with exploding Enchanter powder in the next few turns.

If you would like to get involved please contact them for more information.
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Thu May 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Greetings Adventurers

I am calling a meeting for all smiths, labourers, masons, workers, hobbyists and curious adventurers to discuss several topics for the 'through' project at the Caer Laleldan Great Hall.

Item 1. How to move the Cannons to their firing locations?
Item 2. How are you progressing with ordinance for the cannons(smith work or masonry)?
Item 3. How are you progressing with gathering resources needed (e.g. bursters)?
Item 4. How are you progressing with your experiments (e.g. magic based explosions)?
Item 5. Any Other Business.

We hope to see you there. If you are not able to attend, please share your progress with a friend or the Iron Order so it can be discussed with all in attendance.

In Service

The Iron Order.

(( OOC Meeting will be Sunday 22nd May 7:00pm GMT/ 2:00pm EST/ 4:00am AEST

With regards to point 1, I'm going with the following dimensions:

* Weight: 6,400lb/3,200 KG.
* Length: 10ft/ 3m
* Diameter : 38/37cm. 30inch/75cm (inside)
* Currently on some large frame, which can be turned with a complex system of levers and wheels (hence the operators). ))

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sun May 22, 2016 5:28 pm

This meeting is in 3 marcs

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Sun May 22, 2016 9:27 pm

OOC sorry that I had to cut this meeting short, and thank you to everyone who was able to attend. Please share what we were able to get through and the recent events with everyone. I'll try to organise a second meeting to finish the topics soon

Return to “Tales of Adventure”