Pages of a Battle Cleric

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Pages of a Battle Cleric

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

(Posting as my cleric Kamada Stone)

*A parchment coated in blood along the edges stands out against the backdrop of the bulletin board*

~Day one~

My first day back among people... so much has seemingly changed in the last bit of turns that I was away. I in all honesty had lost count of how many days I spent on the hunt for new enemies, new challenges, and seeking different jobs to feed myself while I traveled. All the whispers around me led me back here to Dundee... all the whispers of danger... all the whispers of a new God... a God whom favors War and Battle. I came back and started to ask around of him... hoping against hope that perhaps Ben had returned to Us. With each new person that I spoke my expression grew darker and darker... some hadn't even heard of Ben and his Mighty ways. I'd smooth out my tattered Hallow Robes of Ben and try my best to explain whom he was... I personally ever saw him with my own eyes, but that is faith... that is might and power. Taking a leap of faith to believe in one you've never seen.

Do I question the ways of the Gods and Goddesses? No, should I? Yes, perhaps I should. The one whose name I invoke for his blessing upon myself and others hasn't been seen... his presence upon the world hasn't been noticed... but yet this Holy power still channels through us clerics that will still call out to him. I do wish to seek out this new God... to find some of his followers and question them about him... perhaps he is a God that Ben himself trained in the ways of War and Battle. I didn't know, but my heart felt hope... and my blade longed to follow someone that would allow me the honor of pledging myself to them as I once did to Ben. It was a silent invocation to him, made long ago when I took up the blade... but now its as if he has *abandoned has a few lines through it, but the word might still be legible* us...

Thinking things like that is what leads one down a path one should never go.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Re: Pages of a Battle Cleric

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:48 pm

*Accompanying the other page is a parchment of the same quality, blood soaked around the edges*

~Day Three~

It has been two whole turns since my return and I've yet to find any solid leads on Ben, but I have managed to find out this new Gods name. They call him Kane. And from what I've seen of his followers... they are people I have called friends... even some I have called family that now follow this Gods path, and wear his Robes with great pride for he has went so far as to make his presence known to them in many different forms... flowers... blessings... he even soothes the dark... the good dark to aid his followers.

One of the reasons I returned besides this God... was all the whispers of danger. And through talking with some of my Guild kin... I have learned new words... words that make me want to growl and kill. Felldark and Darkfire, blights upon this world and blights upon the land... things that should be destroyed. Things that have no right to exist... as a self proclaimed battle cleric... one whom talks in the light, but embraces the good darkness... I truly pray something will be done about these things, and if some come my way... I will do everything within my power to slap them down to where they won't be returning.

On a lighter note, the one I call my adopted mother was nice enough to gift me with something... something that will enable me to be safer as I fight... I can't think her enough for that blessing, for blessings come in all shapes and sizes. Tangible and intangible. Mortals and Gods.

The next few turns I'll be away seeking out the different Tombs and perhaps even some of the few libraries we have... Kane has to be in some of them... I must find more, I don't want to pledge myself to something Unknown.

*At the bottom of the page one might could make out a drawing of the Hallowed Robes of Ben*

Return to “Tales of Adventure”