A Summary of High Queen Cordelia's Meeting: Rogue Tunnels

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Dabria
Social Leech

A Summary of High Queen Cordelia's Meeting: Rogue Tunnels

Postby Dabria » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:57 am

I took some notes, for my own personal records during the recent Audience with our High Queen Cordelia, and I thought it may be beneficial for those who could not atend, to post them here, so that all may know what transpired.
I also include a list of all those in attendance, so that if anyone not present has any questions about what transpired, they would know whom they may ask for any further information.

In Attendance (listed by guild)
Alliance of Valornian Explorers
* Holy Warrior Doyle
* Iron Knight Hojo Musachi
* Xanthias

Blade & Staff
* Aurento Sejal
* Ayla Pearl
* Broutac Brunt
* Lillya

The Learned
* Zanaan the Unsartorial

New Era
* Merk Silverblood
* Skyler Opal Phoenix
* Trell Lefthand

Non - Guilded
* Dabria Kamali
* Sigarni
* Sorynn

Remnants of Kimald
* Brisingr Blaze
* Lunitani
* Synvasti Shymere
* Thorne Blackrose
* Viviyana

Serendipitous Resurrection
* Iron Knight Cody Fireblade the Affable
* Lavender Morgan

Shieldwall
* Telmacha
* Topaz the Poet

The Nocturnal Hand
* Alanna Sylverhaven
* Cenny Konxovar
* Isolde Eberstark
* Nih Betodaru
* Quasha Lavarte
* Rowan Absentia

The Vanguard
* Bibi Onyx
* Joyfire
* Lowrenzo
* Urey Blacksmith

Twenty-Two
* Iron Knight Raffe Rychmin the Shining
* John Needles

Twilight Serenity
* Ellyana Lilli
* Iserra
* Kenj Murmota
* Lucius Flintlock Forgemaster
* Zane Ziegfried
* Zub Zeron

Her Majesty was accompanied by The Royal Infrastructure Inspector and The Royal Receiver. Her Majesty began by thanking all for coming, before coming straight to business.

"It was with great interest that I read your proposal to extend the rogue tunnels onward to Branishor. It is this kind of ambition and forethought that makes Valorn truly great. The strength of Valorn has always been found most clearly in you, and in all her people.
"The details of the construction of the original tunnels are vague, and it was not immediately clear whether we could safely extend them. We were delighted to find that it should be possible. However, the cost of such an undertaking would be prohibitive for us, at this time.
"On that note, I will inform you that we are negotiating currently to build and staff an embassy in Ethucan. This endeavor, should it be successful, will be costly but very beneficial. And so, our learned Inspector was given the opportunity to sell the required articles to anyone here who could sponsor such a build.
"It is my understanding that the blueprint and the writ were already purchased thanks to the generosity and persistence of some amongst you. I would like to thank you all for your contributions and your support, and for making me even prouder ... if such a thing were possible... to be your Queen. "

Her Majesty's attention then turned to Nih Betodaru and she requested the blue print from him, taking a moment to examine it.
She then asked Nih to confirm that he was the instigator towards collecting donations for the blueprint, as well as being willing to, and indeed giving much of his own plat in the cause to assure their purchase. Nih confirmed this, and Her Majesty extended her own personal thanks to him, as well as commending him for his efforts and dedication.
Nih was presented with as a"Medallion of the Benefacor" as a "symbol of thanks for all who will eventually benefit from the new tunnel" .

Her Majesty then requested Lunitani at this point, who approached Her Majesty and presented the writ to Her. The Queen passed this and the blue print back to the Royal Infrastructure Inspector.
Lunitani thanked the Queen for allowing her to help. Her Majesty inquired if her understanding that Lunitani purchased the writ outright was correct, and Lunitani confirmed that it was.
Her Majesty then said she wished to thank Lunitani for "seeing the wider benefit to Valorn, and acting without a thought for your own personal gain" to which Lunitani replied "it was an honour to help".
Her Majesty also presented Lunitani with a "Medallion of the Benefactor, requesting that she wear it as a "symbol of her generosity".

After speaking to Nih and Lunitani, Her Majesty then addressed the assembled once more:

"Lunitani purchased one item for all, and Lord Nih dedicated his time and persuasive skills to collecting. I am fully aware that there are some of you who will have donated amounts that may well represent a great proportion of your personal wealth and Valorn will appreciate that enormously. Thank you for demonstrating so ably that generosity truly lies not in how much you give, but how willingly you give what you can. One final thing then. I am very pleased to tell you that work has already begun in Branishor. It may take some time to complete, but the site is in place."

Her Majesty then invited questions from the floor, as detailed below:
Nih Betodaru: Your Majesty, is there any report the Inpector or yourself, can give concerning the tunnel in Dundee?
High Queen Cordelia: The tunnel in Dundee is of some concern to us. I understand that there are those of you who wish to clear and reinforce it. At the moment I see no problem with this endeavor.
Nih Betodaru: Is that a blessing to continue the work we do there, Your Majesty?
High Queen Cordelia: We will not prevent it unless further reason to do so is found. Continue as you will in the meantime.

Lunitani: I have a question about the cracked Milltown portal stone in the Nexus. Is there anything we can do to repair it?
High Queen Cordelia: Nothing that we are aware of, I'm afraid. We are awaiting any word from the Council of Ryndall on the matter.

Brisingr Blaze: I was wondering if y'all had learned anything new about the Darkness 'cept that Prayer seems to hurt it ... or if there is anything more we can be doing?
High Queen Cordelia: I can absolutely assure that you as soon as I have any facts on this threat, I will share them with you. I know you are doing all you can at this point.

Merk Silverblood: Thank you, Your Majesty. I'm Merk Silverblood, and I was hoping, with your position as Commander of the Iron Knights, if you could tell us if you have heard from Iron Knight Azure Greenhills the Fable-Teller?
High Queen Cordelia: Iron Knight Azure has taken extended leave to look after certain family responsibilities. I'm afraid I know nothing other than that.

Rowan Absentia: I would like to make a suggestion for the new tunnel system if I may. I know that some rogues have had the misfortune of becoming lost or trapped in the tunnels in the past. Perhaps having someone patrol the tunnels with a supply of torches and lockpicks would be of help?
High Queen Cordelia: Thank you for the suggestion, we will certainly consider it.

Broutac Brunt: Well, I don't know if it was already asked but ... is there any word or any reason why our homes, meaning our guild homes, are being attacked? Is there a Guild hiding something which they want?
Holy Warrior Doyle: Guild halls are being attacked simply to spread fear, to tell us we are not safe anywhere. I doubt there is any reason beyond that.
Xanthias: Indeed, the Black Lord has always revelled in Chaos.
Dabria Kamali: Besides, Brou, we would have to know precisely what "they" are before we can even begin to theorise what they may, or may not, want.
Alanna Sylverhven: Most likely. It is to show us that we are not safe anywhere. That is all I would think.
High Queen Cordelia: I do not believe so, but it isn't something that can be ruled out entirely. It would seem that the attacks are certainly targeted, but not just on guild halls. I would add, on this topic, that you must remember you do not stand alone. If your hall is attacked, let any Iron Knight know, and they will help to organize support.

At this point, with Her Majesty's permission, Iron Knight Hojo Musachi made the suggestion that until the threat to guild halls is resolved, all guild leaders should consider unlocking their halls, so that any raids can be dealt with swiftly, as there is only so much the Order of Iron Knights can do with restricted access.
Her Majesty replied that, while that was indeed a good request, it is a decision that is ultimately at the discretion of the leader of each individual guild.

Telmacha: This is really for the Royal Receiver, I suppose. Have any of you heard anything about the hat merchant? I've seen his nephew alone out on the pier and am a bit concerned.
The Royal Receiver: Gentle lady, why do you believe I would have news of such a man? Am I in need of a hat?

Holy Warrior Doyle: A few things have been on my mind of late, but given time is an issue I was wondering if we should be taking any extra secruity precautions in regards to the seals and if it were possible to access research materials on how to repair them again? Last time Elijah provided much of the knowledge, I would hope his notes and such are still safe.
High Queen Cordelia: All I can ask is that any raids, assaults or attacks are attended promptly. I know the Iron Knights are taking extra precautions with the Castle. The seals themselves still hold. We are gathering information to see if there is any way to reinforce them and again, as soon as I have news, we will share it.

Xanthias: We all mourned the passing of the High Cleric Elijah. I know this may seem a strange question, but I feel as if I must ask it. If the Temple were to allow, would I be allowed to place my name amongst those for consideration of the position? I have walked the lands long, I know Valorn's people, and am strong in my faith. I feel that in these times of Darkness a High Cleric that can be seen on the battlefield will be of much help.
High Queen Cordelia: I am honored by your willingness to serve the people in such a way, Xanthias. As you are aware, the Clerics of Branishor have their own way of managing their affairs; but I will send a letter of recommendation for you.

Nih Betodaru requested a meeting with the Royal Blacksmith, but unfortunately a series of attacks began in the lands. The audience broke once orders had been given out, and Her Majesty did not comment on whether or not the request would be granted.

That was then the end of the meeting. All attacks were dealt with swiftly, and no irreparable or permanent damage was caused to lands or persons. However an area of The Vanguard's hall was reported to be overcome with a veil of Darkness. Not much more is know about that at this time though.
I hope those who were not able to attend, find this summary useful.

-Dabria
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”