A Rogue's Suggestion - Rogue Tunnel Expansion Plan

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Nih Betodaru
Veteran

A Rogue's Suggestion - Rogue Tunnel Expansion Plan

Postby Nih Betodaru » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Written upon fine vellum, in simple script, are the following words:

With the defense of Milltown intact upon the completion of the gates, we turn to a new front.

Found in the tunnel entrance for Dundee, during the attacks on the Iron Knights Castle, was heat and steam. Witnessed by myself and another, Sigarni, was the results of such conditions, paired with great thudding on the opposite side of the wall.

It is my suggestion that reinforcing of the Rogue Tunnels commences immediately, beginning with beneath the Iron Knight Castle.

I would also be amiss if I did not take the moment to chart a path for a new doorway. For seasons Rogues have weathered the Wastelands to get to Branishor. Using this as an opportunity, a plot should be laid for a new rogue tunnel entrance directly within the city of Branishor. My suggestion would be the Guild Hall Lane that is underutilized.

I have already taken measure of what would be needed to undergo such an extensive reconditioning of the man-made tunnels running beneath Valorn, and would be willing to partially fund the project with my own coin.

For your consideration,

-Lord Nih Betodaru.
Last edited by Nih Betodaru on Wed May 07, 2014 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prompting Character Development since 2013. :wink:

Llyewell
Veteran

Re: A Rogue's Suggestion

Postby Llyewell » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:48 pm

While we await the High Queen's decision on Lord Betodaru's proposal, we have taken steps to begin the repairs desperately needed beneath the Iron Castle. With the help of many adventurers, we have selected usable logs from the mill, floated them down river, and carried them within the Iron Castle. With combined efforts, we have lowered the logs into the tunnels and stacked them neatly. Shoring up the tunnels will commence soon, and in the meantime, all rogues are cautioned to travel with care in that section of the tunnels.
Strength t'yer sword arm, the same t'our bond. Life t'ye, an' keep ye strong.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:03 am

If the rogues are all using tunnels to get to Branishor, who will open the Wall door or the Tower door?

Topaz

Llyewell
Veteran

Postby Llyewell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:10 am

(OOC: Just so everyone is on the same page in our little mental journey, here is what the INITIAL phase of the shoring up the tunnel is going to look like when complete (minus train tracks and electrical lights). Image

While we do have further plans for the walls (and are open to other suggestions!) at this point we ONLY want to shore the tunnel up to make sure the ceiling does not cave down on anyone's head. We also will only be doing this for about 30 feet -- about what we estimate the damaged area is and a little beyond. We welcome anyone's help, as we intend this to include as many people as possible, even if it is located in the rogue tunnels.

Things you can do to help:

Moral support
Food and drink
Supply gathering
Go'fers
Anything else that you think might help or be fun!

I hope this clears things up a bit. We'll be updating as things progress. We do not anticipate this taking as long as the gates, but the gods are fickle creatures, and Balthy is a jerk. Stay tuned!)

Llyewell
Veteran

Postby Llyewell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:11 am

Gemstone wrote:If the rogues are all using tunnels to get to Branishor, who will open the Wall door or the Tower door?

Topaz

I believe the proposal is for a new tunnel, not the closure of the old tunnel. We will still be available to open the other doors in service to our fellow countrymen.
--Sigarni

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:15 am

Llyewell wrote:
I believe the proposal is for a new tunnel, not the closure of the old tunnel. We will still be available to open the other doors in service to our fellow countrymen.
--Sigarni

That is correct. This is simply so Rogues can get into the city without being blockaded by demons or creatures in the wastelands.

I am sure no rogue would shirk their duty in unlocking the tower doors for any who ask.

Kane of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Kane of Admin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 am

*An unmistakably Godly voice rumbles grittily down from Sunrifter, a bemused tinge to the tone.*

I would imagine, should such an enterprise come to fruition, that it would be a very... very... expensive undertaking.

(One might even say... 'extortionate'.)

Are you sure that the collective Rogue coffers of Valorn would be up to such an investment?

K.
The thing about chaos, is that while it disturbs us, it too, forces our hearts to
roar in a way we secretly find magnificent. - Christopher Poindexter

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:25 am

I do not speak for the other Rogues, nor would I ever dare to do so.

I do however speak for myself, and would put every last coin I had forward for the extensive project.

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:43 am

**crooked smile** I would be happy to supply affordable refreshments to the workers, and whatever supplies my little shop has to offer at a... **brings up one hand with finger and thumb about an inch apart to indicate measurement** ...trifle markup. Almost marginal, really. **continues to smile his crooked smile before heading off shouting "Fireworks, treasure boxes and more for sale! Come, see my wares!"**
When I take the time to cook someone a nice meal, all I ask for is a simple "Thank you".
Not all this "how did you get into my house" business.

Character ID# 190151

Synvasti Shymere
Adventurer

Postby Synvasti Shymere » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:58 am

I'm no rogue, but call many of them 'friend.' Be glad to offer up coin to keep them from being buried prematurely. Many more like me might do the same.
I long for the song of the morning, the dancing of shadows at dusk, and the silence that closes the night.

Thorne
Veteran

Postby Thorne » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:43 pm

It had been my conclusion that the lack of an egress from Undervalorn directly to Branishor was by design and decision. Perhaps for security, perhaps for philosophical differences. Though because the presence of the tunnels, I believe, predates much if not all of the urban construction and development of Valorn, just who made these decisions is a greater mystery.

I admit I'm somewhat fascinated by this recent explosion of interest in public works and infrastructure. I await with bated breath the proposals for the repair and expansion of the Wall, the drainage of Duberry's swamp, and perhaps an increase in factors of safety of others' beloved human-sized cannons.

-Th

"I should have been a pair of ragged claws; Scuttling across the floors of silent seas." - Eliot

Llyewell
Veteran

Postby Llyewell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:39 pm

((Thanks to Broutac, Zanaan, and Telmacha, the first brace is in place! Well done!))

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Re: A Rogue's Suggestion - Rogue Tunnel Expansion Plan

Postby Nih Betodaru » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:21 pm

With the completion and raising of the first brace, we still need help getting the rest done.

I am paying by the marc for help. Even if you refuse, it is unlikely you won't be paid, I am a rogue and I have my ways of getting coin from and to where I want it.

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:36 pm

I wouldn't mind putting up some of my coin for the maintenance of the tunnels... And perhaps some improvements that would be beneficial to my fellow rogues.

And of course I would never forget making any necessary tribute to some to expedite things... And to keep workplace accidents to a minimum.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Sehdae Ly
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Sehdae Ly » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:44 pm

The rogues of Valorn... *talks as if to herself, tapping her lip in thought* Support Nih's expansion idea with coin? *grins, showing her teeth* Well, obviously, he's always been so supportive of others. *starts to chortle and quickly escalates into to a full on snorting laugh. She slaps her knee and tries to breath deeply to calm down before the laughter starts all over* Ah, haha *brushes a tear from her eye before she attempts to center herself again, brushing a hand down her face a few times* "I just.. I can't" *deep breaths between laughs* Woooo *finally controls her amusement, straightening her face* Right! Supporting... Idea.
*widens her eyes innocently and puts her hand to her heart earnestly* I would, of course, its rather unfortunate that I'm just a poor waif with nary a coin to her name. I can barely afford to feed myself and buy the picks of my profession! *holds her empty hands in front of her with a sad hang dog expression, lower lip trembling slightly* I am beggard already. *looks around hopefully* Perhaps, one day soon, others will stop holding my hard work on the beach against me and go back to purchasing goods on the market. I would offer to help with physical labor *looks down at her diminutive frame and clucks her tongue* but my tiny body is in a constantly weakened state from malnourishment. Im sure a wealthier more renowned rogue will come along soon to help with this brilliant endeavor. *sighs sadly and hangs her head before dragging her bare feet out of the room in exaggerated weakness*
Forgive me for my wrongs, I have just begun

Llyewell
Veteran

Postby Llyewell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:59 pm

((The second frame is up! Logs have been prepared for the building of the remaining two frames to be erected. Thanks for hard work!))

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:54 pm

The remaining two frames are tacked and ready to be raised.

Upon completion of the project, please sign your name below and how many marcs you worked on the project. Include who can verify the given information, or you will not be paid.

((Much appreciation to all those that have rp'd this out and have assisted so far with the project.))

Llyewell
Veteran

Postby Llyewell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:24 am

((The last two braces are up in the tunnel. That means that for about thirty feet, the tunnel is braced similar to the picture above. Well done everyone! Thanks to all the players who lent a hand! But oh, no! Now there's a crack in the wall, and the sounds of thudding! What could it be?))

Return to “Tales of Adventure”