Times past by

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Doyle
Social Leech

Times past by

Postby Doyle » Fri May 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Finally!

I am now old enough to be considered an adult in Valorn, so first thing tomorrow I am heading into town to join the militia and take up arms against the demons.

Mother disapproves, but I am a grown man now and can make my own choices. I cannot spend my life toiling away on this farm, not while adventure and glory are out there waiting for me.

I remember grandfather's stories of how he met the best friends he ever had away at war, all the good times he had and the tales of bravery were like something out of legend except they really happened! That could be me, it will be me and I will kill every demon I find and show them that I am not afraid, I am strong for my age. Everyone at the farm says so, just imagine what that mean I could do with a sword in my hand.

I never did understand why father didn't choose to fight. I do not think he is a coward, but he always seems to excuse it by saying someone needs to grow the crops and tend the livestock. I mean it sounds right but surely the most important thing is to be out there? Making history by winning freedom for us all? No matter I will do that and make everyone proud of me.

For now though we have to celebrate my coming of age. I heard mother has been preparing roast bos and vegtables as well as some kind of cake. Her cakes are the best... I just need to make sure Korin doesn't try to eat it all. It is my birthday after all. Tomorrow I leave for adventure and glory... when I come home again I will be a hero.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”