Poem by Rosaline

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Lavender
Social Leech

Re: Poem by Rosaline

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:54 pm
Curious as to why we gathered at the stone gate our goddess Miranda visited those of us awake at the gate to see what we were doing there, we told her what we knew and she said she would be watching with interest from the sunrifter the things happening here and left us with a warning: If there are signs of movement, not to bother running... we would not get far, but also acknowledged that things might turn out to be alright.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:16 pm
Low has vanished after naming the gods and goddesses he knew of as being helpful to him personally... just as he was heading to sleep, we are not sure he even knows what has happened to him. I am scared. Not long after a deep vibrating thrum comes from within the doors, spiked with a few short cracking sounds, a waterfall of dust cascades down on us and settles at the base of the doors. Silence once again fell over the mountains and the dust mixes with the snow swirling away on the winds. Everyone grabs for weapons, our training and constant battle experience making such things second nature now lay my own Ultimate weapon across my lap as Doyle comes into the area, we must all look crazy... he tells us to put away our weapons, I do as he says trusting his judgment completely, bowing my head I pray for Lows safety... and ours. So distraught over not knowing my adopted papa rogues fate, my bondmate had come and lead me away, for my own sanity's sake... I must rest, hope, and pray that those that still linger there at the doors are safe.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:20a
I had just woken in Branishor Tower where Silver had taken me to get away and rest; I immediately head to the giant doors to see if anything had yet happened upon arriving there I was greeted by stunned silence, Lavender and Akassa staring at the Life monument in amazement. I knew immediately I had just missed something, so I ask what it was and was told by both ladies what I had just missed, they told me that just at the very edge of their vision the cracked life monument seemed to flicker with purplish light before returning to cold, stony normality. So now I too sit and wait once again, looking at the monument that seems to be the same as it was when I left. A few marcs later Low appeared in our mists… but again he flickers with a haziness I do not understand. He doesn’t appear to actually be awake… making me wonder if he is after all nothing but a mirage conjured by our collective hopes of seeing him again. As others I sit and silently wonder, waiting, and watching. And this thought occurs to me, making me wonder, if some of Lows life force had been taken in some mysterious way to help bring the monument to life.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Oh what wonders or woes do you behold, oh Lowrenzo
Do you sleep in the haze that keeps you away?
Do you know what has happened, oh mighty rogue?
You flicker like static on the hill through the night
As we watch with fear on guard with might
What has happened to you is yet unknown
And if it will happen again is has not been foretold
But yet we wait… and try to be bold.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Low has returned to us, seems he amazingly slept through the whole thing and knows nothing of what happened to him. I am relieved to see that he is alright, our group still stays at the stone doors, people coming and going as they have need, or see fit. The fear and worry I had over Low’s disappearance is now faded seeing him safe. Low being Low… is still asking for more ale.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:24 pm

I remiss in writing this down in a timely manner, the last time I was awake the talk started out with food but turns to what the sounds from the doorway sound like, and Doyle suggests that the rumbling sounds like ancient mechanisms trying to move a heavy load to him. Leaving us with our thoughts wondering. The next time I woke, I decided to go and do a bit of farming for a time while I await news of what is happening. And I hear a couple new adventures came upon the group at the doors according to Lavender, and after asking what was going on seeing the gathering there at the doors and after hearing a bit of the tale they started yelling and trying to say hi to whomever….or whatever is behind the doors and that we meant them no harm, then a large rock falls from nowhere, immediately sending both girls to whichever life monument they had tied themselves to. Some believe it was divine intervention, Lavender thinks it was just all the noise they made bringing down boulders from the surrounding mountains that had undoubtedly been loosened by all the activity there. I believe it was probably a combination of both. And later report tells some heard a loud crack, like thunder reverberating through the area. As to this last instance I fear I was not able to witness as I was in dire need of rest.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:25 pm

Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:38 am

As time moves slowly by, very deep singing drifts out from behind the doors with several distinct, chanting harmonies. A thudding vibration swells from the ground beneath us like a growling heartbeat, throwing us off their feet.The mountain continues to shake violently for a few moments more, cracks appearing at the edge of the ledge before settling once again into silence. I fear may be just a matter of time before more rocks rain down on us.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm

I was not able to be there so thanks to Akassa for keeping me informed. A deep thudding rumble can be felt rather than heard coming the mountains near Altitan..The rumbling changes slightly in pitch, becoming more regular and frequent split with the sounds of cracking stone..The rumbling continues to grow louder, the sound coming from the mountains near Altitan.The rumbling suddenly start to growl with force strong enough to shake rocks and dust loose which shower down from above the doors in waterfalls of debris, throwing people to their knees..The shaking continues to build in strength , the ledge we are cracking around the edges and a huge chunk of rock splitting away and beginning to tumble into the chasm below, the very mountain begins to crumble and a large chunk of it falls away. Raffe Rychmin stumbles and falls. He clings on with his fingertips momentarily before falling to his death below. So quiet we could not here it but getting louder in time a rough yet beautiful chorus of deep voices blooms from beneath the rumbling, the collected harmony offsetting the growling of the mountain in a rhythmic round of chanting.The singing from within the doors seems to swells, more intricate voices adding to the harmony of the sound. The Life Monument begins to thrum, vibrating with a warm, molten glow in responce to the music. Many watched in amazement as the gaping fissured crack splitting the monument begins to slowly close, starting at the base and travelling swiftly upwards, gathering speed. As the singing reaches a climatic apex, a huge flash of light explodes out from tip of the Life Monument and throwing poor Sorynn backwards in a crumpled heap onto the ground.The sound ceases abruptly and echoes fill our ears then fade slowly into the mountains as the night returns to normal. The Life Monument now pulses softly with living, white light. And we many stare in wonder and joy at the monument being made whole once more.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:34 pm

Anxieties are running high now at the stone doors, people are starting to go for eachothers throats at times. Are we going to be able to survive eachother's compainy while we wait to see what might happen here? Even some away from there seem to be getting quite antsy now.

Rosaline
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:09 am

A very sad day greeted me this day as I woke to hear that the gates of Milltown that kept us all protected from the creatures of the desert have been destroyed! And that the Desert Demon Head in the Milltown inn may have known what was going to happen as he was heard taunting those that visited the inn more then he usually does. I in my disbelief rushed to the gate to see for myself the scene that greeted my eyes is one of horror. I stood there in terror seeing the blood of fallen comrades all around no longer recognizable, who were these brave people who gave their live to defend us? The gates that protected the northern part of Milltown now offer protection no more. I fell to my knees and prayed for the souls of those lost in this battle. There is talk of avenging these poor souls. May they have earned well deserved rest in what lays after this life, because the life monuments my not resurrect us forever. Fearful I might disgrace myself, my stomach churning so badly I had to flee from the scene. Trying to wipe the scene from my head so I could see the way back to my guild hall my tears flowing I know not when they will end. I am fearful, so many here that I love, so many here just starting on their way....I have to believe that somehow we will survive this. I pray unceasingly for mercy and guidance from the gods.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:20 am

Hide oh my heart for fear does tighten its grip
Dry now my tears which flow like rivers
Unstoppable in its course
Oh prayers not be hindered
In this our time of need
Bring us together to be stronger
So we may face this foe
Time moves slowly
The marcs moving on
I cling to those I love
For each marc that marches on
Is now infinitely more precious than before.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:33 pm

High Queen Cordelia addressed her subjects this day over our concerns over the happenings at the Milltown gate; some were concerned and wanted the matter taken directly to the queen. Having just returned from a diplomatic mission to Ethican she heard some wished to speak to her and would only do so to her alone. The concerns of her citizens she graciously addressed one by one. She tells us like the goddess did that Altitan was being watched and that she would like to think things would be peaceful, since our gods and our queen have no knowledge of what is going on beyond those doors even she cannot guarantee that it will be. Some are concerned that the things happening are all connected somehow. Lucius is of the opinion he would be more concerned if they are not, our queen agreed with him saying it is better to have one known enemy than several different potential enemies. Hojo asks if there was anything the high priest in Branishor or The council of Ryndal could do in our time of need. Bris wonders if the Arch Mage might have found something in his quest for Bathizars tainted life Monument. All our worlds’ brightest minds are working on the situations at hand, seeking if they connect or are separate in nature. At the end of the meeting she asked to speak with a small group privately as the rest of us headed off on our way.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:08 am

A storm came up in the desert, a monster we've never seen made of bone, covered by the howling winds and sand attacked. The guard who once was assigned to watch over the northern gate of the city has been slain at his post. Though many adventures where there and many more came the creature came and left so fast even using a portal I was not there in time to be of any help other then healing the wounded and watching for the next wave that may come now that the area is vulnerable to attack. Some now stand guard here. Though I fear we may be leaving other areas vulnerable and I wonder if that is the demon lords plan.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:10 am

While I was praying at Mirandas Temple a deeply disturbing laughter sounded from outside of the chamber, chilling the very night air, then ceased, sword in hand my prayers being disrupted I wait to fight, but apparently the only goal was to unnerve me. Topaz, Lady Ellyana Lilli, and Drake Lightstorm came to my aid, though thankfully for naught... this time.
Last edited by Lavender on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:44 pm

As time went on I heard this happened in other areas as well, on the farm in Milltown, in Dundee, and even in the Hidden Oasis Temple where we gain our professions, I would not be surprised if there are more reports that I have not heard! This thing whatever it is, it is getting around everywhere. Trying to unnerve us it is suspected, I believe we are being spread thin so that we may not be able to protect the real target when the attack comes. Later I was told this thing might have been a Skeletal Behemoths which where first seen when Aldwythe's Landing was uncovered.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:45 pm

I wake to hear terrifying reports forgive me if they are not fully correct as my mind is still trying to absorb it while I write and am trying to combine pieces from several different tellings. Akassa was camped at Milltown gate when Viviyana heard something from the gate in N'Rolav. Akassa heads over to the other gate. After arriving there they heard whispered echoes of the high scream of a child float in from the desert wind, followed by a deathly demonic laughter. Something cold and dark threaded past both of their faces, black tendrils curled around their eyes before vanishing into a dead building with another chilling laugh. The child's screams then sounded from behind them.. a door slammed from somewhere up the deserted lane, again the laughter draining the sunlight from the sky and the heat from their veins. Beneath their feet begins a very soft, very irregular scratching sound, the scratching became louder, a soft and terrified moaning punctuating between the scrapes which sound like fingernail against dirt, a thick voice wetly whimpers in clear agony, accompanied by a gurgling, bubbling sound. The scratching becomes almost frantic beneath their feet. The ground shifts aside, a freshly decomposing hand breaking free of the surface and grabbing Viviyana by the ankle as the once-terrified guard rose from the dirt and used her as leverage to pull him free of it. The other hand of the slain guard twitched a couple times before moving slowly in a grasping motion that causing the sound of nails on dirt again. Bris hearing the girls were in trouble came in to help, he killed the guard. Laughter bounced off the ruined buildings and mixed with what sounded like the screaming of a small child the mixture echoed from the forest. The ruined mouth of the guards remains fell open, stinking, congealed blood oozing from it onto the ground and mixing with the dirt. The laughter grew until it became a roar that filled the area before fading slowly with the wind. The guard’s grave was then checked in the desert where he was slain and found it to have been disturbed. Synvasti rearranged the grave, Adirolf then said a prayer over it hoping to give the guard some peace at last. Everyone slowly leaves the gate when the Demon Lord Balthazar returned and unleashed the full fury of his powers, instantly turning Viviyana to dust and ash.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:11 pm

A new attack at the gates that protected Milltown leave them now completely destroyed, Milltown now lays venerable except those brave adventures that guard it now. This happened at dawn, after a raid on the Continental Doorway and strange laughter that was heard there. At the Milltown gate I hear that the people there just before it happening where laughing and having a good time just being together Viviyana and Synvasti were playing like children and there was laughter throughout the area others tidying up the guard’s old grave. Demons came in the night they called out in a voice that stung like sand in a high wind and sounded like a thousand screams that turned to one voice calling. I hear reports that the demons called out a couple of our clerics to face them personally because of their profession saying they needed to learn fear, of course fearlessly Doyle and Xanthias answered the call. The demons shattered our defense and tore down the gates before Xanthias and Doyle could slay them and bring an end to this battle.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:11 am

A group guarding the Northern gates of Milltown heard a soft snick-snick-snick sound is carried lightly by the breeze, followed by the sound of scrabbling nails. Two panicked screams raise the alarm in grizzly harmony and then are cut short with a chilling suddenness. Everyone ran around to find the source of the screams only to find that the south gates to Milltown had been attacked the gates still there and working but barely. Then a bit later a forge in the mountain retreat area was attacked by Demonic Moldering Rats but where quickly taken care of.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:35 am

Several attacks happened at once today, nothing out of the ordinary as far as attacks go except there were four at once, one in the desert near Ryndall , in The Dark Forest, near Caer Laleldan, and in the Portal Nexus! All taken care of swiftly though the last to be taken care of was the Nexus, Lavender went there to watch over the portal dwellers since she could not touch them herself. And she says they laughed at her and the others watching them and then tried to tear down the nexus itself! Thankfully a younger enchantress came along then and was able to take care of them before they could do too much damage. While waiting to hear of the nexus I swiftly ran about and checked several other areas for signs of activity and thankful I did not find anything out of the ordinary.
Lavender

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:28 am

So many attacks today, and just when we thought we had got them all we were under siege again! People scattering everywhere throughout Valorn. Then when we were all done we were told to meet in the Dundee inn, everyone did there was celebration then someone noticed that Phynix Dawn had gone missing from our mists. Everyone was frantic, then she began calling out for help to a few others that she knew where there to only be told that she had to face the Maze alone. She fought bravely and found her way back to us. Then talk turned to what happened someone spoke of not following the queens orders not long after we found ourselves speaking with a guard, who came to see what was going on. He talked with us a while and by the end of the evening had titled Lucius Flintlock as Forge master for all the hard work he had put in to restoring our forge. Attacks all over Milltown distract from the work at the gate yet Xanthias who helped with the making of the gate worked tirelessly to get it into place, a drumming can be heard, we wait and are watchful. I prayed, I asked those around me to be courageous and I was not disappointed. Lavender even sang a song to bring moral up instead of the fear the demons where trying to instill. Battle coming from each side of Milltown the worst coming our way, the stars go dark the battle began. Many died not even knowing what had killed them still we fought! Coming back from the LM as soon as we were released. The gates finally where in place thanks to Xanthias and they were closed. The battle has ended! Many brave souls fought magnificently this day as best they could and we have won!
Lavender

Return to “Tales of Adventure”