Writing Project/Experiment

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Doyle
Social Leech

Writing Project/Experiment

Postby Doyle » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:23 am

Alright then, I've been batting this idea around for a while now. I've been thinking about compiling an anthology of stories from a variety of players/characters to match a particular theme. I actually have a few ideas for mulitple collections but for now I want to see how just work on one.

Anyway, my idea right now is to collect "what if?" style stories based on particular scenerioes... these stories won't actually exist in character as I plan on basing them on potential future events that have yet to occur within in game history so there is a bit of flexibility for what can happen.

The first "What if?" storyline I'm playing with right now is currently titled either "Fall of Valorn" or "Birth of N'rolav" based on the theory that N'rolav is a potential future reality and I think it might be fun to see what actually happens to everyones characters during this dark period of time. As an example the storyline I'm working on with a guild mate revolves around the AVE guild hall in the mountains being under seige by a demon army and what happens as a result of that. Here is the start as an example of what I'm trying for:

Shattered Alliance

Doyle looked up from the reports laid out on his desk and removed his glasses with a sigh at the sound of a single heavy thump on his office door.

"Come in Ulric."

The office door swung open and in strode a massive individual clad in armour that rippled with shadows across it's surface. He stopped in in front of the desk and issued a low rumbling growl from behind his horned helm.

"Time to tour the defenses already? How many days have we been under seige now? Feels like forever..."

Ulric shrugs and starts counting on his fingers before holding up both hands, prompting a chuckle from Doyle as he stands up and adjusts his sword belt.

"You know, it would be easier if you actually took that blasted helm off. The grunting and growling just gets creepy after a while."

The Warrior simply snorted dismissively and lumbered out of the office.

Because I want to put any stories I get together as a self contained anthology, preferably with it's own running continuity so there are a few rules that I'd like people to bear in mind:

First of all is to not involve any of the majors NPC directly, whilst they will be certainly be around these stories are about your characters, not them. This also means that you won't be facing Balthazar directly.

Second, try not to use other player characters without permission as they may want to write their own story and the intent are for all of these to exist all at the same time so people cannot be in two places at once. Though as shown in my excerpt collaboration is fine.

And finally, please remember the setting and the rules on how somethings do and do not work within it. Whilst these aren't officially IC they do exist in the same reality.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have as I think this might all be a bit vague, also there isn't any real deadline so no need to feel rushed, this is an ongoing project and if it goes well I'll throw out other scenerioes to play with.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Re: Writing Project/Experiment

Postby AKA Azure » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:28 pm

Just to double check, you're thinking of all the N'rolavs as happening at once?
Do you have any particular season in mind?
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:39 am

Yup, working on the theory they're all interlinked together timeline wise, and no particular season... shouldn't matter too much really but will try to keep everything consistant should people want to play with seasons

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:13 pm

I like this idea and would be glad to take part.

Topaz

Return to “Tales of Adventure”