A brief note on what happened after the EA was destroyed

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

A brief note on what happened after the EA was destroyed

Postby AKA Azure » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:08 pm

I was asked to share what happened after the destruction of the Enchanter's Academy. Some may remember that Bronwin mentioned an old tale and telling the Council about what happened. A container was found there and it was obvious that something had been removed by Balthazar, demon lord.
The following event happened days after.

Archmage Azeraphel appeared in the Dundee Inn and spoke to the individuals who were there. He then stepped through a peculiar portal. Those present followed him.

We ended up in a studylike place. From what he said, this was where he conducted some of his less... explosive research. The archmage explained that what he was to tell us was a tale, but perhaps there was some truth to it.

In order for the gods to create the power of rebirth, held in what later became known as life monuments, there had to be a sacrifice first. A certain number of mortals had to willingly lay down their lives for others. Whatever the number, not enough were willing. Instead the gods of Sunrifter did this instead. They gave something of themselves or of Sunrifter's power.

It was caught within a crystal. And that power was enclosed, and placed in hiding in the ground. And so the power of life monuments, and mortal resurrection, was born.

He then stated that while many think it's just a story, others think it explains why the gods can't just clear Trinald of evil threats. Sustaining mortal life has taken that ability and weakened them.

He spoke of an ancient writing that claims that in order to prevent anyone finding and using the crystal, it was hidden. Otherwise it could be constructed into a weapon, if you like, with other items near impossible to gather: the hands of a healer, the eyes of an acolyte, the heart of the High King, and, apparently, some last item or items that the Council of Ryndall is still trying to determine from the stories and fables they've been told. This weapon could perhaps be used to break the monuments

He then shooed us saying he had reading to do.

Perhaps some of the others who were there would like to add to this account
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Aikia
New Adventurer

Re: A brief note on what happened after the EA was destroyed

Postby Aikia » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:29 pm

While I was not there, I find the tale very interesting.

It is understandable that some sacrifice would have to be made for the greater good of others-as in the creation of the Life Monuments if the tale is to be believed.

But I wonder at the items required to perhaps keep the crystal safe: I find it a bit morbid to think of these items as 'ingredients' for the creation of a crystal guarding weapon. I do hope that the tale is referring to these items in a more metaphorical sense. As in: the healing hands to bind the parts together, the steady eyes of an acolyte to see the placement, and the heart of the High King to steady everyone else and hold fast their faith.

But I admit my naivete. I am a warrior, and do not know the things that Archmages work with. And I admit that it is easier to try to rationalize than ponder those things beyond my experience.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Just to clarify from what I heard that night -

The other items would be used to make the crystal into a weapon. The crystal itself was hidden away so that wouldn't happen. The archmage spoke of Balthazar, demon lord, gathering those other items to make a weapon to use against us. He's gathered the items already listed.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Aikia
New Adventurer

Postby Aikia » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Ahh, I misunderstood, thinking it was a weapon to be created to use against the Demon Lord.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:27 am

Perhaps the story was ment to be good but the Evil lord has twisted it to fit his own evil intentions.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”