PROTECTORS’ LEGACY

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Elspeth
New Adventurer

PROTECTORS’ LEGACY

Postby Elspeth » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Onward! Valorn’s Protectors, raising sword and shield
‘Gainst Balthazar’s foul minions we shall never yield
Ben and Cory, Gods above, stand gleaming at the fore
Follow them, Protectors! Stand tall, like days of yore!

With our banners waving, fear strikes our enemy
On then, proud Protectors! On to victory!
Balthazar’s minions quiver as we Ben and Cory praise
Protectors! Lift your voices! This, our anthem, raise!

Indeed, our little guild hall follows Ben and Cory both
Thro' all that Valorn offers, we hold tight to our oath
We will not be distracted – we uphold each Valorn’s health
By Strength of arm, Spell, Blessing (and, occasionally, Stealth).

What Trinalds have established let no man deride
The glory of the ages hangs proudly at our side
Crowns and thrones may perish, new monarchs rise and wane
But Valorn’s staunch Protectors will always true remain.

Onward then, Valornians! Join our happy throng!
Blend with ours your voices in triumphant song
Live well, live long, and prosper in our land wide and free
This, down through countless ages, is the Protectors’ Legacy.

It was dusk, and initiates were scrambling hither and yon among the buildings of Dundee while I and a few of the Protectors of Valorn sat comfortably near the entrance to the sewers. As each of the less-experienced crowd performed their duties, I noticed the easy grace with which the Protectors aided them. Sometimes it was with material goods – a new sword, a bit of better armor – and sometimes it was through blessings or spellcasting. Most often, though, it was with simple conversation.

A couple of them remarked on the Shieldwall Anthem – the one I’d been humming under my breath, apparently. A short discussion followed; it centered on the guild structure, the guild complement, and the goals/ideals envisioned. It was a good thing there were several Protectors present – the ideas came forth readily, and each worked from the others’ comments, giving me a far more complete picture than I might have had from just interviewing a single individual.

Then came the question: would I create a unique piece for their guild, so that members could come into battle with Balthazar and his minions buoyed on the wave of feeling associated with lyric and melodic score. Not to mention being able to identify one another through the swirl of battle fog that inevitably accompanies larger skirmishes!

After several marcs of thought (and several dozen discarded beginnings, middles, and ends) the result turns out to be the Protectors’ Legacy.
For as long as it takes; there is no finish line.
Elspeth - 183477

Return to “Tales of Adventure”