Battle Orders

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
High Queen Cordelia
NPC Monarch of Valorn

Battle Orders

Postby High Queen Cordelia » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:46 pm

**written in a neat, educated hand and marked with the royal seal**

I know much of this has been oft repeated, but I have written out this parchment and pinned it to the town noticeboard in hopes that you will use this to answer any questions you still have.

The Iron Knights are chosen from the warrior profession, because warriors make a craft from fighting. Other professions fight nobly and well, and we would not be without them. They also have other abilities that are absolutely necessary for us in and out of battle. It is the warrior who specializes in the fight, and it is the warrior who hones it so finely that he may sometimes achieve a 'critical strike' - something other professions simply do not have the fighting ability to do. Iron Knights are those who show a range of positive personal qualities and prove their abilities in the profession path who choose to make skilled fighting their main strength - warriors.

We are in consultation with the clerics of Branishor, and you must all know by now that we fear coming attacks will be worse than we have ever known. We do not understand yet much of what is happening, and the fear of unknown makes the threat worse by definition. We must take time now to hone our battle skills, and the way in which we respond to raids.

If you can attend a raid, by all means make your way there. But please do report to an Iron Knight. Send them a message, or find them at the site of battle. If they ask you to do something, please do it and report back to them - this may be something like 'please check if there are any demons lurking near the crater.' It helps to have one person who is aware of where the foe are and what has been cleared, so that you don't all run around looking and wasting time. If no Iron Knight is available, and there will be many times this is the case, then use your common sense and do whatever you can.

The reason this came up recently was that despite standing in the presence of at least two Iron Knights (yes, I include myself) there were those who rushed off at the first call without a confirmation to either of us that they were going to fight. My chastizing at the time was merely to make the point that it would help if we knew who was where, as perhaps we might need defense elsewhere, or another location checked for anything that the crier had not yet spotted. There are often multiple raids, and Balthazar has been known to use diversionary tactics... we must fight together, and communicate together. We cannot do without any of you, warrior, cleric, enchanter or rogue alike, but by necessity we appoint people to coordinate your efforts when possible. Those people are the Iron Knights, and I request that if you rush into battle for protection of the lands and its people rather than in the search for your own personal glory, you help them do the job that they were chosen to do.

I thank you, all of you.

Cordelia

High Queen of Valorn.
Iron Knight of the realm.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”