Crystal hunting patience paid off

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
KenjMurmota
New Adventurer

Crystal hunting patience paid off

Postby KenjMurmota » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:30 am

''The tale of my first and second gold crystal guardian experience..'' a smile graces his features now musing ''It thus began in my training having basically gave up on the presumeably mythical gold crystal guardians. Another night of fighting the mindless undead in the excavated tomb i find out i tire more easily than i did several moons ago.'' pausing collecting more of his thoughts ''I decided to explore a little more than i had now that i did not have to retreat from the rotting hoards. Going eastward from the upper level ladder on the entrance floor having killed about a score of the skeleton nomads i found a northern corridor i never entered... Having battled upward within the corridor i grew again weary to my dismay and rested a few marcs to regain my mentality and health. Feeling that i should go on whether it was inspiration from the Gods or my own mule headed stubborness i reached a crossing and dropped my stave in amazement having seen one of the elusive crystal guardians quickly i gained my composure wasting no time i drew my soul leech dagger seeing it about to vanish i struck at it forcing a confrontation. Already weary i was at a disadvantage in the fight trusting in my protective robes to deter what i could not dodge we fought for a good marc before in a last effort i grabbed my staff in hand spinning it rapidly slamming the head in its chest causing a electrifying blast of lightning to destroy it. Smiling brightly i espied my prize a orange glowing crystal. My pack rather full i destroyed several amulets to make room considering them naught next to the crystal. Prize in pack i took a left and to my uttermost suprise my next monster was yet another guardian. Grinning wickedly knowing its death was at hand i began to bludgeon it to death but promptly realized i never healed after my last battle, tables suddenly changed i began to retreat but the guardian had other plans and started to punish me.. I barely managed to get away to heal myself before my doom. Then returned the favour after i spotted it again destroying it rather quickly then. My 4th suprise came then in the form of a glowing gold crystal.. Thinking i must be incredibly lucky or a fluke i knew it would not last. Pulling out my bag of powder i vanished on a dime to the inn of Dundee to decipher my first orange crystal into the enchant sword spell. Vanishing there to the enchanters sanctuary where i deciphered my first gold crystal into the dexterity boost spell. Now i shall be able to help new adventurers even tho i cannot talk to them with mystic blades and dexterity boosts..''
Kenj Murmota-173295

Return to “Tales of Adventure”