The bravery of Kyle Lekey as witnessed by Taladorn Padasha

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Taladorn Padasha
New Adventurer

The bravery of Kyle Lekey as witnessed by Taladorn Padasha

Postby Taladorn Padasha » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:43 am

Here is something I witnessed, that drove home to me what real bravery is about.

I was at my favourite resting place, preparing to sleep when I heard the crier call out in alarm that dark portals had opened up along the western path in Dundee swamp. I hurriedly rushed to the site and found numerous beasts of ancient Swamp Zombies, foul Infant beasts and monstrous wildfires. I prepared to fight but to my dismay found that they ran away from me and even though I tried to give chase to my frustration they eluded me. In desperation I searched for anyone who would be prepared to take them on knowing that many of the Valorians at that Marc were now asleep or resting. but I did find a rogue, his name was Kyle Lekey. I knew of him but have never really spoken to him and I knew that there was but a slim chance that he would be able to kill one of these horrific beasts, let alone all of them. However in desperation I sent a Message to him. To my surprise he replied he would be willing to come and try to rid of the evil beasts. I waited worriedly wondering if the rogue was up to the task. He proved to me that my worries were in vain. The first beast he took on was the Zombie swamp, A huge creature of monstrous proportions, I watched Kyle approach the evil being and I shook my head in despair thinking that he would die before even laying on a stroke. he was however to prove me wrong. He withdrew his blades and with surprising quickness his blades drew the first blood, and then the battle began in earnest. I watched helplessly as he danced around the beast and watched as blow after blow struck the rogue. Twelve times I counted that he had to withdraw to drink potions to heal himself, but Twelve times he came back and to my wonder he eventually dispatched the foul beast. we proceeded west along the path and in the same way he dispatched the infant beast. Again I called to him that there were more wildfires along the western path, and even though he was by now fatigued he still danced the dance that only a rogue can do in the midst of battle. I watched in awe as the two wildfires were dispatched, and then he turned to me and said "Taladorn do you have a salve please" I laughed in delight and gave him a couple and offered him potions to replenish what he had taken. Never let it be said that rogues only hide in the dark and strike from the shadows, for today I have been taught what the meaning of bravery is. As I thanked him and departed I was about to ask him what on earth are the bunny ears doing on his head and the bunny tail on his behind were for, but on second thoughts I decided that it would not be a good idea, not after witnessing what I have just seen the man do.
What are we to live for, if not to help others

Far better to do something and fail, rather than to do nothing and succeed.

Attack is the best form of defence

In our world of wishful thinking, how we wish we could have a wish that we could wish for

Return to “Tales of Adventure”