In the company of Anu Shadowryder

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
Taladorn Padasha
New Adventurer

In the company of Anu Shadowryder

Postby Taladorn Padasha » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:34 am

Greetings :)

Here is yet another experienced I faced when Anu Shadowryder invited me to see Balthazar's fortress.

I was sitting in Dundee inn in the company of Anu Shadowryder and Braglagrith. We had all just come from the glass Tavern in Dundee that was Invaded by malice Horrors. Braglagrith mentioned to me that he had been taken to see the fortress by some friends and was explaining his experience. I expressed a wish that I too would like to go and see the fortress someday. At that point Anu turned to me and invited me to go along with him to see for myself. At the time I have to admit that I was full of Bravado and did not think that it would be anything except a nice tour and a bit of killing along the way.
Anu produced a portal and I followed him into the portal and ended up at the cracked life monument beside the bridge. Anu lead the way striding confidently across the bridge and turned westwards across the vast southern expanse. I followed closely behind him, I did not fancy losing sight of him and ending up alone in this dreadful, lifeless place. Soon enough Various types of Horrors and grazers started to appear in front of us, but Anu blasted them aside with his weapon with ease, although he kindly left them near dead so that I could finish them off and thus gain some experience of what it was like to face and fight such creatures. After a while he turned north and began the long march to the far side of the lifeless expanse. Everywhere was lifeless, not a thing lived except the horrors that was intent to destroy us both. I kept behind Anu with my head down as we walked, no longer feeling the bravado I once felt back in the comfort of the Dundee Tavern.
Anu continued to stride along in confidence and I was in awe of the power that Anu had in driving the horrors away, never for a moment did he show fear of such things. As for myself I was thankful that I was in such company as wretched as I was feeling, Anu provided me with some comfort as I hurried to keep up with him.
After a while Anu turned eastwards and I turned with him, following closely daring not to look up and around the desolate place I was in.
All of a sudden Anu stopped and raised his weapon towards the gates of the great fortress. "There is the fortress Taladorn" he said. I looked up and there before me stood the most dreadful sight I had ever seen. The fortress was huge and it filled me with dread, and made my heart and soul numb with the horror I felt that was rising within me.
I asked Anu to take me back as I no longer could withstand the sight of such an evil place. Anu once again produced a portal and as I hurriedly went to step through it I said my thanks to the Enchanter who gave me company in such a place.
What are we to live for, if not to help others

Far better to do something and fail, rather than to do nothing and succeed.

Attack is the best form of defence

In our world of wishful thinking, how we wish we could have a wish that we could wish for

Return to “Tales of Adventure”