Cerbie's Grill

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Cerbie's Grill

Postby Cerberus » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:50 am

*Noticing a very big lacking of food places in Dundee, Cerberus with his legendary vast vast wealthiness of Platinum petitioned Nero the Architect to build him his very own Bar/Grill Restaurant in the Abandoned town across the Dundee Bridge seeing as the adventurers have all but cleared the forest near the abandoned town of rabid bears and wolves*

*Cerberus stands behind the counter of his Cooking Shack and waits for his first patron*

*A chalk board on the wall reads:*

Today's Specials:

1 g Sewer Rat Stew
5 g Giant Ant Legs
3 g Roasted Headless Hen

*There is a sign in the window:*

Help Wanted:
Serving Wench
Bouncer

OCC: This thread isn't gonna be serious, but don't make it a farce please.

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:48 pm

*Grom walks in, pastry in hand, wearing some sort of odd fitting clothing (baggy, sagged, and all around to big...even for Grom), a slight voluntary limp in his right leg, and a stern "I'll crack your skull" look on his face, he made his way into that eerie town, and noticed the new building, and help wanted sign, he immediatley paused, then stuffing the pastry half into his mouth so that both hands could grab the waistband of those large pants, he ran into the shop, miraculously with no limp*

Surborus ay wund ah chob hur. *pulling the pastry...now half eaten, from his mouth, he spoke clearly*

Cerberus I want a job here...I can be your bouncer!!

*Grom stood towering over the cleric, eyes wild with excitement like a little boy at christmas getting his first sharp weapon*

What do you say?
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow2311.html
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow2629.html

"The Trinald Trek; where brave adventurers hack and slash their way through the wilderness to net the most successful kills in 6 Marcs."

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:01 pm

*Cerberus sees the oddly cald traveler through the window and stands behind the counter while he enters*

*Without missing a beat he locks eyes with this Hulking Monstrousity that calls himself Grom and comes from behind the counter holding something in his hand*

*Eye to eye they stand fixed in a staring contest or so it would seem*

*Glaring at Grom for minutes on end, the tension rises*

*Then, Cerberus flashes his pearly white smile and says:*

"Grom, you have yourself a job, here if your uniform."

*Cerberus hands Grom the serving wench uniform by mistake*

Valey
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Valey » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:29 pm

Valey wanders in, strangely unsurpised at seeing an odd cross between a gorilla and a serving wench on the door.
Having pockets somewhat shallower than those of the legendary Cerby he pulls out a single gold piece and asks for a rat stew.
"With ketchup."
RoK on.

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:37 pm

"Ah welcome Valey."

"Rat Stew you say? Fine choice, there are fresh giant rats scrapped up off the sewer floor just today!"

*Cerberus walks back behind the counter and into the kitchen*

*1/2 a Marc later he returns carrying a large bowl filled with rich, heart rat meat, potatoes, carrots, and a thick warm rat gravy and places it before Valey*

"How about a drink on the house, Valey, to celebrate our opening?"

"I think you'll like this, its my own special moonshine ale."

*Cerberus reaches under the bar to grab a clean mug and fills it from a tap with a strange green ale. Cerberus places the mug in front of Valey, as the green liquid emits a omnious steam thick steam*

"Tis' a bit strong this batch...perhaps I should water it down for a youngin' such as yourself?" :P

Valey
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Valey » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:57 pm

Valey arches an eyebrow with the confidence of youth.
"Young? Perhaps it should be watered down for those whose age has withered their livers but I shall be fine." He grins and glances at the colour. "Probably."

He takes a sip. "Not bad."

He takes a gulp. "Actually, this stuff is pretty good."

He takes another. "In fact-" His right eyelid flickers just slightly and all his breath is expelled in a reverse-gasp.

"... ooh, there's the good stuff. This has BITE." Looking at the green colour he wonders if it's brewed from a certain swamp plant.

"Pass the ketchup please?"
RoK on.

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:37 pm

"Cat soup you say? You haven't even started your Rat Stew"

Valey
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Valey » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:03 pm

Valey tries again.
"Tomato sauce? Are you expecting me to eat rat stew without tomato sauce? Have you ever tried to eat rat without ketchup?" He shakes his head in wonder.
RoK on.

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:07 pm

"OH! Why didn't you just say ketchup in the first place...and what are you from N'rolav or something...or says tomato sauce..."

*pulls up a bottle of ketchup from behind the bar and tosses it to Valey*

Demon hunter
Veteran

Postby Demon hunter » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:13 pm

Demon Hunter walks in.
*Notices that there is still a help wanted sign in the window*
*Demon Hunter trys to get Cerberus's attention*

"Cerberus?"

"Im here for the job as a Serving Wench!"

(this is my first time doing this so i might do it a little wrong but ill get the hang on it)

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:15 pm

"Ah Demon Hunter"

"Serving wench? SPLENDID!"

"Come get your uniform"

*Cerberus looks under the bar*

"Um er...I seem to have misplaced it...er...uh oh...I'll have to go get a new frilly pink apron and what not for you in town next time I'm there...for now you can just dress as you are"

*hands Demon Hunter a giant serving tray*

"Try and show some leg...customers tip better that way" =o)

OOC: DH anytime somebody asks for some food/drink you can get it now. =o)

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:38 am

*Grom looks at the serving wenches outfit he had been handed, then silently throws it at Cerberus*...I'll wear my own thank you...*and Grom walked outside for a moment, watching the passers by with a stern grimace, snorting at one or two that stare at his size*...Anyone wishing to enter will need to stop here and wait for me to LET you in...

"The Trinald Trek; where brave adventurers hack and slash their way through the wilderness to net the most successful kills in 6 Marcs."

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:51 am

*Cerberus calls out to Grom*

"There are some velvet ropes in the shed out round back for you to set up!"

*Takes the serving wench uniform*

"Hmm..."

*gives the frilly pink apron and accessories to Demon Hunter*

"I found a uniform for you"

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:07 am

*grom does his limping walk aorund the back and snags the ropes and poles, and drags them with him to the front. Setting them up to form a line around the side of the building, he nods to himself and grunts, then stands quiet, and intimidating*

Skurria
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Skurria » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:34 am

Skurria flounces around, rather hungry. She eyes the line, peeks at the sun for the time, and lines up. She crosses her fingers and hopes Grom lets everyone in fast.
Skull Dark Dragon-Lalala...

deathtongue
Veteran

Postby deathtongue » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:16 am

*deathtongue is furious because that hulk of a bouncer suddenly started working right before he was about to squeeze in and hit the bbq, his left hand quickly darted to his assassins dagger then he realizes that his boss would have deffinately put his name on "the list", realizing that he has nothing to fear deathtongue nonchalantly approaches grom, the bouncer*
Living in Hawaii is no vacation
Eli (aka Deathtongue, aka rose aka greyskull)

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:34 am

*grom nodded a bit, letting in a few of the more well known in the line, not many, but seeing deathtongue brandish a knife, even for a fleeting moment, he picked him out of the crowd* You...*points to deathtongue* come here...

*grom didn't even notice skurria, in this world, you gotta push a bit*

deathtongue
Veteran

Postby deathtongue » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:51 am

*deathtongue smoothly makes it look like he is just grabbing his wrists but is really grabbing the hilts of both an 'L-hand assassin dagger' and his 'dragon fang dagger' he is relieved of the cover his trenchcoat provides his hands*
"im on the list bouncy, my name is deathtongue and employer has weight in this land"
*deathtongue calmly walks over to groms clipbook and points to his name on "the list" and sees if it will register in that oversized brutes head*
Living in Hawaii is no vacation

Eli (aka Deathtongue, aka rose aka greyskull)

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:59 am

*grom slapped deathtongue, grabbed his wrists, twisted them downwards to expose the daggers, slammed his hands into grom's knees until the knives were dropped and he lifted deathtongue up then by that overcoat* the list only means you get in...doesn't mean your weapons or your pride follow...you can pick these up when you leave...*grom tosses deathtongue to the side and goes back to his job*

(my apologies on a forced hit, but with this not being a fighting thread, wasting space with fight actions would be pointless, just continue on as normal...I am the bouncer after all)

Cerberus
I talk WAY too much

Postby Cerberus » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:29 am

it happens...i was kinda hoping you wouldn't even let him in at all hehe...but i like where you took it hehe

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”