Notes from the Council

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Dain Quickblade
New Adventurer

Notes from the Council

Postby Dain Quickblade » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:24 am

*Looks around nervously, then straightens a sheath of papers he's holding* Well, as no one else has gotten around to going over the council here yet, I figured I would share the notes I took there. These are a brief.... *pauses* well, somewhat brief recounting of what was discussed. If you would like more detail on any part, just ask. Others who attended the council, feel free to jump in, either to correct any mistakes I may have made, or to add more detail or answer questions. And I realize I don't have names to match up with most of the ideas, and for that I apologize. I was more concerned with getting the general ideas and still focusing on the council. If you would like credit for your part, either post here to claim credit, or get a hold of me and I will add your name to the notes. Now, without further delay, the notes.

Dain Quickblade's council meeting notes:

High Queen Cordelia thanked those of us here, for acting as representatives of the people of Valorn.

She then said she hopes we take oher thanks back to those of our guilds, families, and friends, for bravery in this time of darkness.

The queen then asked about further incidents of darkness since the statue of High King Deek.

Azure Greenhills mentioned another note fragment found, says "cause if they harness Sunrifter"

Jezzara pieced the note fragments together "Kilican first to touch darkness. But orders are to wear them down, blacken their hearts, because if they harness Sunrifter we will lose Kilican and then everywhere else."
we is balthazar and his demons, they is us

meaning is opened to the table for discussion

Xanthias mentioned looking in libraries for answers. with others, checked libraries at Holy Order of the Light, Enchanter's Academy, Aldwythe's Landing, denied entrance to Great Temple of Cory

suggestion of asking the gods for their aid in harnessing sunrifter

a mention of using caution to make sure we are not being manipulated, as the strange way some of the scraps of parchment were obtained, and importance of Kilican

an iron knight suggests a turncoat in balthazar's ranks regarding how parchment pieces were obtained, then goes on to suggest maybe we aren't to harness the power of sunrifter, but rather the light. mentions someone who walked these lands long ago, with a sunrise aegis crystal. only one of it's kind, but it's his belief it means we can harness the light of sunrifter. he said he knows not of magics though, so he will leave it to other wiser folks to figure out

an idea to concentrate the light that clerics and enchanters can bring

seek high council of clerics, light gathering, light harnessing ceremony. light one of the places that has been darkened, to see how it was done, and maybe prevent it from happening again

suggested note may mean only with a god or goddess's help can the darkness be cleared. the high queen said that a god had been contacted, who replied they alone can't do it. suspsicion of how parchment scraps found reiterated, noting especially demoralizing parts were the ones nailed around for us to find

idea that our clerics and enchanters can defeat the darkness with stronger light spells. suggestion that a rogue by the name of Shaerih is filching the pieces and leaving them to aid us. a lot of startled reactions at this

suggestion that the light being referred to is not a literal referral, but rather a spiritual one, the light inside each of us.

reinforcement of previous idea, as gods have said they would stop the darkness if they could. suggests bringing as many people together as possible, not just clerics and enchanters. seems to be support for this idea. the queen said location would be carefully chosen

suggestion that, will one place work for all the darkness? use of mirrors and dull crystals as a focus. may allow for several shorter, smaller processes in different locations as compared to one large ceremony

reinforcement of the idea that harnessing the power of the Sunrifter might be a reference to a great relic, or ceremony, and libraries should be checked

an idea for how to focus light, using the idea of water as a reflector/magnifier

a mention that this was not what was expected from this council, and there has been much talk of unity, prayer, and spirituality.

A suggested prayer before we left, to which the queen said we can all do ours individually. The queen and her iron knights then left, before the rest of us dispersed.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Re: Notes from the Council

Postby AKA Azure » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:39 am

Thank you for taking notes and sharing them with all.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

rikm
Veteran

Re: Notes from the Council

Postby rikm » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:56 pm

My thanks be to you also. Be making going through my notes alot easier.

** bows **

Narian, Unity of Light

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”