Dark Days in Valorn

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Dark Days in Valorn

Postby Blythe » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:49 pm

*posted in the usual place where everyone would get a chance to see is a carefully scribed parchment*

NOTICE TO ALL VALORNIANS:

Dark days are falling on us with the losses in both Kilican and Branishor. Everyone should be aware of the clues left behind by the enemy. To date, not much sense can be made of what this all means, except that Balthazar has indeed strengthened his armies and his powers enough to take parts of our lands hostage. Everyone should be on the look out for anything unusual and not hesitate to bring it to the attention of other adventurers, guildmates, and the Iron Knights.
To date, this is a record of the scraps of parchment, their words written in blood, found in order of their finding:

On Kilican, found by Audrey: "Kilican first"
Nailed to the door in the Throne room: "nd then everywhere else."
Nailed to the door of Temple in Branishor: "to touch darkness. But"

As more clues are found, they will be posted here. It will take the cooperation of all Valornians to solve these clues left by the enemy in time to save our world.

May the gods watch over you all.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Scally
Adventurer

Re: Dark Days in Valorn

Postby Scally » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:53 am

As you read this, most of you will have heard of the fall of the enchanters portal nexus. This is not an account of the fall, but the fulfillment of a pledge to pass along the words of the Goddess Miranda, who in her ultimate kindness and goodness, graced those of us in the nexus with reassurance.
As spoken...

"There is little I can do, except advise you not to give up faith and trust. You draw your strength from Sunrifter, and that is a power beyond measure. It keeps you alive. Follow your Queen and her Knights. Keep faith, and do not allow fear to weaken you. That is all. If you do that, you retain your god-given strength."

Truly, we have encountered dark times, my friends. But keep in mind the words of our Goddess Miranda - Darkness is but the absence of light.

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:46 pm

Many raids happened this day. But the demon hordes were all turned back.
Luck found Gar Windgust. Seems after he slew a demon beastie, a scrap of parchment fell anna Karl inna Fartown gave it up to him. Here be what the new parchment says: 'orders are to wear them down, blacken their hearts, be'

That be all the news I be havin. No new darkness. No new destruction.

The light will no fail when we comes together liken we did today. Thankee everyone.
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:15 am

Many, many more raids today. Caernivale was hit hardest first. A parchment was found there by Reesa Ambernight. She relayed that it read: "we will lose Kilican a"

Then the statue of Deek was attacked with more forces than I have seen at any other time. Alas, the statue fell into darkness. But the guildhall lots are still available. Balthazar had one thing to say about this: "One King down... One Queen to go"
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Twelve marcs afore the Queen's meetin, Balthazar sent his armies up the Royal Road. He dinna get too far.
Ellyana Lilly did find a scrap of parchment onna the royal road with more words onna it: cause if they harness Sunrifter .

Jezzara put them together inna way that seems ta make sense. " Kilican first to touch darkness. But orders are to wear them down, blacken their hearts, because if they harness Sunrifter we will lose Kilican and then everywhere else."

Be ready anna stand true.
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”