The Peacock. A tale

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
skylsganin
Adventurer

The Peacock. A tale

Postby skylsganin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:40 pm

I told this tale in Cerbies the other evening, in response to some friendly banter..

A long time ago, maybe even a very long time ago the peacock was given the task of colouring the world for the creators..
For you see they were busy creating, and certain roles were passed along for others to complete.
One fine day the peacock came to the edge of a lake..
He set all shades of blue shimmering and dancing upon its surface.
As he stood back to admire his work, a group of long necked water fowl glid into view.
They swam swiftly, but serenely towards the place where the peacock watched.. sending dancing patterns of colour across his newly completed
work.
They came to a halt before the peacock, and spoke to him:
" oh , most beautiful and marvellous bird, who is most assuredly the most wonderful and loved of the creators, please could you give us some of your colours ? "
And the Peacock preened himself a little, admiring his reflection in the lake, then with a ruffle of feathers he coloured each of their beaks with Oranges and reds..
The water birds gazed at each other and then once again turned their admiring stares to the peacock.
" oh , thou who art most certainly the most beautiful, and prized of all creations. surely none could ever be so splendid?"
At this the peacock again admired himself in the lake.. spreading his feathers a little so he could better see the colours.
The Water birds continued,
"oh most exquisite of creatures, who none could fail to admire, please give to us a little more of your colour? we do not feel fit to be in your presence , please , please most gorgeous .."
But the peacock was no longer listening, he had spread his tail and was strutting across the land. His task forgotten as he shouted loudly for all to admire his magnificent plumage.
Now as you can imagine the creators were none to happy at being disturbed in their creating.
They looked upon the peacock, who had served them well, and they left him to strut and shout, but gave him a voice that would cause all to turn away.
The water fowl they left uncoloured, and, because it was their words that had caused the peacock to turn from his path, and in truth so they would not have to hear them whining , they took their voices and made them mute.

After a bit of arm twisting, though I am sure their arm will be fine soon, I was umm convinced to post it here.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:46 pm

*grins* oh well done! I hope all the arms will heal quickly.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

JezzTheWarrior
Adventurer

Postby JezzTheWarrior » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:56 pm

it's a great tale about a great tail, Skyls! I'm glad you posted.

Jezz

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”