Wind Lady's Party

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Wind Lady's Party

Postby AKA Azure » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:34 pm

A tale recently shared by Azure in the Dundee Inn.

Many of you have noticed days when the air is still, few have wondered why it happens though. In some far away places they still tell the tale of Wind Lady and her party.

Once, long ago Wind Lady decided it had been a long time since she had been to a party. She loved parties; loved the ebb and flow of conversations and the eddying motions of the people as they formed first one group then another. She decided since none were coming up, she would host one.

But this was to be the first party SHE ever threw, so she was rather nervous about it. She thought about it for days and sat unmoving. All across the land, the air was in stillness. Sails had nothing to fill them, branches hung straight and unmoving; grain in the fields didn't wave. It was all very disconcerting!

The people wondered about it and consulted with each other. But the Wind Lady knew nothing of it, nor would she have probably cared for the elements care little about us you see...well except for Mother Ocean, but that's another tale

Meanwhile, Wind Lady drew up her lists. She had one for who she wanted to invite, and another for the food she wanted to serve. And oh, what lists they were! Rainbow and his daughters were invited; Fire and her cousins Scorch and Char...she even went so far as to invite some of the duller slower mountain spirits. Even though she knew they wouldn't be much fun, she was trying to be kind. And the food! The first dew on the flowers in the morning, captured starlight, and the last wisp of a dream we have before waking. All were due to be served at her party.

Sometimes, as we all know, the wind swirls in circles going nowhere - thus it was with Wind Lady's party idea. She didn't know quite how to do it.

Meanwhile, the people were in dismay over the lack of wind across the lands; boats were becalmed, laundry took longer to dry, windmills didn't turn to grind the wheat - in short it was a mess!

Wind Lady just dithered and dithered until finally Breeze, a distant cousin, stopped by and demanded to know what was going on.

"I want my party to be perfect!" Wind Lady cried out. "I don't want anything to go wrong!"

Now we all know how likely that is. All parties have problems. Something always happens. Breeze tried to tell Wind Lady this, but she wouldn't listen. And to this day, Wind Lady plans her party, the party that has never happened since she keeps tearing up the lists and starting over.

And when sailors are becalmed, and the air hangs heavy and still, you know that Wind Lady is planning it still.

x.sweetnsour.x
Adventurer

Postby x.sweetnsour.x » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:20 am

What a beautiful story! :lol: Wish I had been there to listen. 8)
Player of Ermin Appleblossom #124670

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”