Fall Festival Tokens

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
superduck
I talk WAY too much

Fall Festival Tokens

Postby superduck » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:58 pm

My fellow adventurers,

Fall Festival is a time of celebration. We celebrate the fact that we are still alive, the gods watching over us, and various other things. Things such as candyballs and costumes contribute to this. It saddens me to see that some are trying to earn considerable sums of money by selling tokens on the market. I want to ask all of you: If you have a token you do not use yourself, please give it to someone without a costume, a new adventurer who is likely to be unable to acquire one by themselves. Do not let greed take the upper hand, but share and celebrate.

Thorin

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:29 pm

Indeed. I saw this and was disappointed.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:48 pm

*After bowing her head respectfully to Xia, turns to Thorin with a somber expression.*

Thorin,

Unfortunately, greed is something that grows in the hearts of many. While some give freely others seek to make a profit.

Would that all Valornian nature was kinder - but some would find that stifling. Would that in itself be wrong? I'm unsure. All we can do is share and hope others will follow along.

*inclines her head again to Xia and slowly begins to walk off*

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:01 pm

I'm sure neither Thorin nor myself were saying that greed should be banned from Trinald. We were merely stating that the vice is disappointing, especially during a celebratory time such as Fall Festival.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Indeed. Greed is part of someone's personality. While it would be almost impossible and perhaps even unwise to ban it from Trinald, as greed is in my opinion not necessarily a bad thing, I was disappointed when I saw that adventurers were trying to turn a festival into some quick money.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Corwin Skyborn
Social Leech

Postby Corwin Skyborn » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:01 pm

I stopped by for a visit and snagged a free token which I gave away to the needy, then I was "quite to my surprise" hit with Nobility and had to go pay 450p on the market to get a second token so I might have quick access to a costume.

Greed stinks! Don't be stinky!
Trying to make sense of gods and goddesses has led many men to ruin. I suggest you avoid it from now on.
-Ben-

Hojo Musachi
I talk WAY too much

Postby Hojo Musachi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:25 pm

It's not very often that I agree with Corwin, but I agree with what he said during the last fall festival.
Corwin Skyborn wrote:Greed stinks! Don't be stinky!

The Candy is also apart of the festival.

AKA Azure
I talk WAY too much

Postby AKA Azure » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:53 pm

I know my memories are fuzzy of last year's festival, but it seems there are more tokens yet inflation has hit Valorn.
Azure Greenhills 83729
Lineages!

Sreip
Veteran

Postby Sreip » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:07 pm

... I donna be thinkin I be spendin 1000 platinum fer a token... or 50 plat fer a candyball. Rather do be wearin nothin thanna spend coin liken that.
"... who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Roosevelt

Sreip Enudreklaw #55234

Wyf_Broadskull
Adventurer

Postby Wyf_Broadskull » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:28 pm

If I have extra tokens, like most people I give them away. It is only my opinion, but I think those that sell tokens should be ashamed of themselves.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:58 pm

I looked at the large number of Fall Festival tokens being sold for high sums in the market -- mostly by the same small number of people -- and could not help thinking that in order to have so many for sale, the sellers must have been collecting the tokens very assiduously ... not to wear or give away ... but to sell.

Topaz

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:11 am

Sad, isnt it? *shakes her head*
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

micaya
Experienced Adventurer

Postby micaya » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:30 am

Pardon me sirs and ladies, but, if it weren't for those selling the coins, wouldn't it have been difficult for ones such as Corwin to get a token and have a costume so quickly?

By no means am i condoning greediness, for it isn't for one such as I to condone anything, and if that is how my humble remark is being taken, please disregard my sentiments in their entirety, but, it seems that despite the selfishness of the greedy those "exploiting" the festivity actually not only has a part in this world, but perhaps even a vital function?

And by no means am I meaning to be insulting to those who do happen to be selling the tokens, and if any insult was recieved, please speak to me and I shall endeavor to correct the situation, please.

-Svender

Korrith
Social Leech

Postby Korrith » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:58 am

micaya wrote:Pardon me sirs and ladies, but, if it weren't for those selling the coins, wouldn't it have been difficult for ones such as Corwin to get a token and have a costume so quickly?

By no means am i condoning greediness, for it isn't for one such as I to condone anything, and if that is how my humble remark is being taken, please disregard my sentiments in their entirety, but, it seems that despite the selfishness of the greedy those "exploiting" the festivity actually not only has a part in this world, but perhaps even a vital function?

And by no means am I meaning to be insulting to those who do happen to be selling the tokens, and if any insult was recieved, please speak to me and I shall endeavor to correct the situation, please.

-Svender

There is no problem with quick distribution of tokens from adventurer to adventurer. It's when they charge high prices that it becomes annoying.

Lets say IRL you go Trick or Treating with a friend. But at every house you go to, someone is already there, taking the candy every 5 minutes, and saying "Gimme $50 and you can have some"

Trip Lancer
New Adventurer

Postby Trip Lancer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:40 am

In all honesty, should I find a token, I would sell it. That is just how I am. Although, if on my way to put it on the market, I met someone who didn't have one, I would gladly hand it over with a joyful "Happy Fall Festival!" and make on my way.
In my opinion, if you want to sell the token, go ahead, you earned it, do as you wish. If you don't want to, don't discriminate against those who do. *smiles*
Trip Lancer - 121545

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”