Bromadic Bos bugundy

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
boogiegrandy
New Adventurer

Bromadic Bos bugundy

Postby boogiegrandy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:22 am

:idea: While sittin', waitin' for the ferry, I got mighty hungry, and the half eaten Dundee Burger I'd been a carryin' in me pack all day left much ta be desired, so I imagined what 'twould be like to make somethin' else from that juicy beast. Here's what I came up with.

Take a goodly hunk o' Bromadic bos, cut away the fat and render that in yer pot. When it starts ta sizzle, put that hunk o' meat in there and brown it good an crisp all over. Then pour a whole carafe o' wine into the pot, add a few hands full o' fruit an' nuts and simmer it fer about a goodly hour or so. Yummy!
Zephyria Windsong: bard at large

Tanno Weldsmen
New Adventurer

Postby Tanno Weldsmen » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:20 pm

Umm....I dunno really about that, together, fruit and meat don't go too well together, fruit and wine or meat and wine always have gone quite well together, but i'd have to experiment on that! I'll get back to you on that.... :? hopefully....
Tanno Weldsmen
To the gods, this is a big game. It's like Pong but it complains much more.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:40 pm

Umm....I dunno really about that, together, fruit and meat don't go too well together,

Oh, they do! Fruit and meat, fruit and wine, meat and wine, and all three together.

Topaz

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:24 am

Tanno Weldsmen wrote:Umm....I dunno really about that, together, fruit and meat don't go too well together

Never heard of pork chops and applesauce? Braised lamb and apricots? Roast duck L'Orange? Pineapple and ham? Cranberry sauce and turkey. Or even marinara sauce and meatballs. For the more exotic and lesser known (but once very popular): salmon cooked with nutmeg, wine and oranges.

Allorn
Adventurer

Postby Allorn » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:38 am

Xia, your icon made me spit tea at the screen.

Fabulous.
~*If I told you the truth would it keep you alive*~
~*I believed all your promises, your promises and lies*~
~*The boys in the newsroom have a running bet/get the widow on the set*~

Tanno Weldsmen
New Adventurer

Postby Tanno Weldsmen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:17 am

Xia wrote:
Tanno Weldsmen wrote:Umm....I dunno really about that, together, fruit and meat don't go too well together

Never heard of pork chops and applesauce? Braised lamb and apricots? Roast duck L'Orange? Pineapple and ham? Cranberry sauce and turkey. Or even marinara sauce and meatballs. For the more exotic and lesser known (but once very popular): salmon cooked with nutmeg, wine and oranges.

Those are some of the things i think about every day, and wonder why people made them anyway, the minds of people drive me crazy!!! How people can make things like that and still keep on eating?... Umm.... I don't know anymore?
Tanno Weldsmen

Xia
Wee Little Godling

Postby Xia » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:58 am

Allorn wrote:Xia, your icon made me spit tea at the screen.

Fabulous.

Yes, I rather like it too!

And Tanno, I suppose there is no accounting for taste! Personally, I rather like many of those dishes. Perhaps you simply do not like sweet and savory things melded.

boogiegrandy
New Adventurer

Postby boogiegrandy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:15 pm

:( Well, I had another idea, but it didn't work out so well. See, it involved cream, which comes from milk, so I thought I'd go out and milk a bos...dern thing near kilt me. No bos milk fer me...sigh.
Zephyria Windsong: bard at large

Tanno Weldsmen
New Adventurer

Postby Tanno Weldsmen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:55 pm

It's not really that, it's I never think before I speak, It's been a problem for a while now, my mouth has gotten me in quite a bit of trouble before!! And keep trying with the milking boogiebrandy, maybe you got a guy one, mebbe it was a bull, or not much of a milker?
Tanno Weldsmen

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”