A Morning's Roll Play

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Cerdinak
Experienced Adventurer

A Morning's Roll Play

Postby Cerdinak » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:10 pm

A Morning's Roll Play

Wheat, Rye, Pumpernickle, even the plain Potato Bread Rolls were all arrayed before him in the baker's shop on this crisp new morn.

"I'll have one of each," the hungry rogue proclaimed, then he paid the baker the coins required. As he walked out of the shop, he spotted a woman walking by with a basket balanced atop her head.

Pulling out the wheat roll, Cerdinak faked a dribble, and sent a high arching shot towards the basket. SCORE! As passers by looked at him strangely, he celebrated his first successful roll play of the morning.

A little later, he spotted a half empty box leaning against a building. Ah ha! Another opportunity. Dropping the rye roll to the ground, Cerdinak dribbled it off his left foot, back to his right, and sent it with a screaming cross kick into the upper left corner of the box. WOOO! SCORE!!! Another successful roll play.

Three kids were chasing each other around with sticks when the wandering rogue got his next opportunity. "Gather round kids, and we'll play a game. I'll toss the roll and you try and hit it with your stick. If you do, you run around the bases and try and score before I tag you with the roll." "Sure mister" Kids being kids, anything was better than whacking themselves with sticks, so they would play along. Tossing the potato roll in a low arc, the first kid swatted it long and hard into the street. Cerdinak chased down the roll and ran back, but the kid managed to make it all the way to 2nd base. Three more times, Cerdinak tossed the roll, and three more times the kids whacked it with that stick. Finally, a sodden bundle of crumbs was all that was left. "Thats it kids! All thats left was bird feed now." "Thanks mister, that was fun! Next time we'll use a ball." The silly rogue chuckled to himself as he thought.. 'if I'd have used a ball, it wouldn't be roll play!'

Finally, that one solitary roll was left in the bag. Cerdinak saw a street urchin playing in the street with his puppy. "Go Long kid!" he cried as he prepared to toss the last roll. As the kid sprinted away, he tossed the roll in a long tight spiral.. just before it arrived in the kids waiting fingers, the puppy leaped into the air - snatched the roll. Interception!! Cerdinak and the boy just watched as the dog raced away, shaking their heads and then bursting out laughing. Tossing the boy a couple silvers so he could buy his own roll if he wanted, Cerdinak wandered on down the street whistling to himself.

Not a bad morning, four successful roll plays in one day. Maybe he'd find a job acting at a roadhouse, then he could try role playing instead as an actor.
Cerdinak (Character 90666)

One of the last of the Shadow Kin
A small group of rogues who share the night and its secrets.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:55 pm

*fortunately was not eating or drinking while reading this ...*

Topaz

boogiegrandy
New Adventurer

Postby boogiegrandy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:26 am

There has been no lag in activity for so long, 'tis my first time havin' a visit to the social hall. I admit ta bein a bit confused by all the activity goin about, so I think I'll just sit here and listen a bit afore I tell any stories or sing any songs. I do hope ye will be patient fer now and gi' me a chance ta get my bearin's. I do promise stories and songs most abundant soon. Ask me about my favorite song and I just might sing for ye.
Zephyria Windsong: bard at large

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”