A Test of Honor

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Wren SilverPhoenix
New Adventurer

A Test of Honor

Postby Wren SilverPhoenix » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:27 am

Standing outside the stall of the local weaponsmith in Milltown, Wren SilverPhoenix is leaning with her back against one of the sturdy but filthy support beams. Taking off her leather gloves with a smile, Wren reaches for her newest treasure, a beautifully crafted Soul Leach Fang Dagger given to her in Dundee. Turning it over in her hands, Wren admires the weapon with a practiced eye.

Wren: Quite a beautiful weapon indeed. Should fetch a good price.

A passerby gives Wren a strange look at hearing her talking to herself but hurries along with a dark look from Wren. Gazing back at the razor sharp blade the memories of promises given come flooding back.

...given to me by a very special friend...all I ask is for you to pay it forward...I would be honored...

Clenching her hands around the hilt of the dagger, Wrens knuckles are white and her expression troubled as she is racked with indecision. In recent past, this decision would be no decision at all. Gold is gold and a few words spoken to someone she might never see again would have been meaningless. But now...now things are differnt.

Very slowly Wren SilverPhoenix turns around and if sensing her indecision the weaponsmith smiles and beckons her forward. Not moving, Wren glances around desperately hoping for a sign, for some help in making this choice. She is simply not used to such moral dilemas. With her supply of potions running dangerously low, the gold from this sale could buy her more and yet...

As raindrops begin to fall from the sky, first slowly and then much faster, Wren SilverPhoenix brushes her wet hair out of her eyes, looks in at the weaponsmith and makes her decision. Now she only hopes she can live with it...

In Honor Lies Strength...

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”