Rules for this Forum

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Rules for this Forum

Postby Grom Hellscream » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:41 pm

*walks to a mountain overlooking the members of the forum* I bring you these 15... *drops a tablet*...These 10 Commandments...(he he)

Okay, honestly, these are the rules for this forum. These rules are slightly abstract at times and rock solid at others, so the judgment will come from me (as Cory for some reason put me in charge, so that is my duty to lay the smackdown)

1) All rules for other forums apply here. This includes no cussing, racial slurs, perversion, hostility (out of character) and so forth. These rules are placed for your benefit as well as the rest of the players.

2) (My MAJOR rule) No forced actions. Simply...a forced action is an action during roleplaying that decides the fate of a person before the other player can decide his/her own fate. This rule is designed to keep creativity high. If you were allowed to go around ripping hearts out through nostrils, where would the fun be? For example:

*Grom punches Aethany in the chest and rips out the Blacksmiths heart* (forced hit)

*Grom throws his balled fist in the direction of Aenthany's heart*
*Aethany turns, but not fast enough to dodge the fastly approaching hand as it connected with her shoulder* AH!...(actual RP)

With the lack of forced hits, the receiving player must be creative and choose how to dodge, pary, or take the hit. You cannot miss all hits, nor should you take them all, but be realistic with this.

3) The person that starts a thread is the narrator, they make all world changes and move the bad guys (unless another is assigned to that by that player)...This will reduce confusion and allow the person to play out their story.

4)All in-game abilities and items are allowed. Lightning staffs don't harm every enemy in sight, only those within a 10 foot radius of the Enchanter. Profession specific items and abilities still apply. Teleporting should be rarely used, and should affect an enchanter in a major way, as it would otherwise be a major advantage, but use your brain on this.

5)Any in game deities (Ben, Cory, James, Balthazar, etc.) will be played only by an admin, otherwise they will remain out of the role play. Any other in game characters such as shop keepers, bartenders, bankers and the like, can be used only to perform the tasks they would perform in-game. Such as a bartender getting you a drink.

For now, that is all, but I will keep them updated...and remember, it was designed to be fun...keep it that way kids!
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow2311.html
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow2629.html

"The Trinald Trek; where brave adventurers hack and slash their way through the wilderness to net the most successful kills in 6 Marcs."

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”