Lost Tomb Quest

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:50 am

*Grom was, by this time, growing noticeably older, his facial hair tinged with grey and white patches, as well as his hair, but he still carried the build of a heavy drinking warrior, and carried it just as oddly as ever.*

*As the turned the corner, and the clerics gasp and quick movements to ready an attack gave warning of a foe, Grom drew his axe. But as he soon noticed, the corridor was to thin to be of help to the cleric, he would injure her in the process*

(Decaying Soldier) *the rotting corpse lurched to the side at the sight of the adventurers, too slow and ill-prepared to be much of a threat. The beast lifted it's arms to strike, leaving it's ribs open for the attack Venus had set up to perform*
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow2311.html
http://www.darkgrimoire.com/cshow2629.html

"The Trinald Trek; where brave adventurers hack and slash their way through the wilderness to net the most successful kills in 6 Marcs."

Venus Darkmoon
Veteran

Postby Venus Darkmoon » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:17 am

Venus spun around and pivoted, driving the spear home at an angle that would catch the thing through it's ribcage, holding it where it was. The decaying corpse must in life have been a giant of a man, as even decayed he was close to seven feet in height, so Venus's head came up to the centre of his chest, the perfect height for an overarm strike. The thrust caught in the ribs as she had hoped it would, tearing the creature's chest cavity open so that the narrow passage was flooded with the dusty remians of the creature's lifeblood, dried-up inside it. Coughing, Venus stepped backwards, trying to flip the haft of the spear arpund as she did so that she wouls dump the creature on its face in the dust, an easy target for the decaptation that would end it's unlife forever. Unfortuneatly, much of the thing's giant mass in life remained despite the dessication of the corpse, and Venus's slight frame could not gain enough leverage to flip it off its feet. With a moaning roar, it lurched forward at her and buffted at the haft of the spear, sending her flying backwards over the things head where she hit the wall of the corridor hard.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:39 pm

As Grom and Venus stand in battle with the foe, Xanthias followed along. He had opened his mouth to answer many times, but Venus' quick replies left him shorthanded. He smiled when Grom did not offer his name, but said nothing, for if he chose to share, then he would.

When Venus tried to lift the large corpse and could not Xanthias held his hand high illuminating the area with his ring, and then concentrated blessing her with the Anointment of Ben's Might.

Venus Darkmoon
Veteran

Postby Venus Darkmoon » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:34 am

Venus feels Xanthias's blessings take her in the instant before her head impacts with the wall. The soundless explsoion inside her skull is lessened somewhat by the Protection of the God Cory, but she is still dazed as she staggers to her feet. She sees two of the huge decaying soldier coming towards her, and blinks desperately, trying to decide which is the true one before it could reach her and tear her head off. The thing lurches closer, blocking the other two Adventurers from aiding her, and she makes the split-second decision that her vision cannot be relied upon. She shuts her eyes and thrusts, trusting to her instinct to find the correct spot. Whether it is her instinct or whther luck can be transferred by a Blessing she knows not, but she ctaches the spearpoint in the thing's ribcage as she planned to do the first time, and with her enhanced strength, eyes still shut, flips it to the ground, swings the spear's side blade around and decpaitates it. Then the strength leavbes her and she slides to the floor of the passage. She gasps "My thanks, Xanthias" as she falls.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:55 am

He nods and takes her head between his hands. He silently prays and his hands radiate a soft glow healing her bruises and whatever small injuries she may have. "My pleasure Venus." he says softly and then turns to Grom. "We are almost there."

Venus Darkmoon
Veteran

Postby Venus Darkmoon » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:20 pm

pulls herself to her feet. leaning on the haft of her spear, shaking the last of the dizziness from her head "Indeed. You can see the first glimmer of light from here..."

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:55 pm

(sorry, the break took my concentration away for a while.)

*Grom, seemingly sleep walking, shakes off the unnatural haze*

My apologies young ones, my mind drifts through past adventures...Questions of the times that maybe Virgil will help me with. I will pay attention as best I can...Lead the way.

*The warrior shook a bit, as if to refuse the return of the fog that plagued his mind, but it did not prevent his thoughts from spinning around old moments as he followed the young adventurers*

"The Trinald Trek; where brave adventurers hack and slash their way through the wilderness to net the most successful kills in 6 Marcs."

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 am

"No worries friend, all will be fixed before you know it. Virgil has been awaiting you for a long while. Something about a promise you owed him." Xanthias smiles and takes the rear allowing Grom to walk between himself and Venus.

Venus Darkmoon
Veteran

Postby Venus Darkmoon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:23 am

Venus nods quietly, concerned by the unknown warrior's confusion, but seeing from Xanthias's reaction that there is much going on she does not know about. Content not to probe, she proceeds along at the warrior's side as they exit the tomb and enter the desert, pausing only to dispatch a scorpion or two.

Grom Hellscream
Social Leech

Postby Grom Hellscream » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:56 pm

*Runs thread into ground*

Dead

Time to start something new.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:41 am

*chuckles* Hadn't noticed Grom ol' buddy. Hadn't noticed.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”