The Arena

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:39 am

**makes it to the side door of the Arena and inside just as he hears Xanthias call the start of the match.**

**sits down on the floor just inside the open doorway and catches his breath.**

"I guess I'll just watch from down here, since I think I'll have to come back down here after the match anyway........"

**digs a few power potions from his pack, and drinks to help restore his energy, then turns to the Arena and watches the action intently.**
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

Venus Darkmoon
Veteran

Postby Venus Darkmoon » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:45 am

Venus keeps supporting Iso carefully, more worried about him than she likes to let on, but she looks out into the Arena as Xanthias calls the match between himself and Mengsk, her face blanching slightly as she hears Xanthias's quiet comment echoing into the room they are in.

Kouzan Mogul
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kouzan Mogul » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:42 am

*sees Iso drink a couple of power potions*

*shoots a beam of power to Iso, hoping it'll pep him up a little*

*returns to watching the match*

"Kouzan Mogul, it is time for you to wreak bloody, bloody revenge on the centaur community"
~The Town Crier (i'm serious)

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:58 am

**sits quietly, then feels his body tingle and his energy refresh as the beam of power flows into him and takes effect.**

**with a burst of energy goes from his sitting position into a forward somersault, then in one motion plants his right palm firmly on the floor and raises himself into a one handed handstand, gives Kouzan an upside-down grin and a wave.**

"I feel Peppy! Thanks!"

"........though may I ask you to lend some of your great power to Venus as well? She did some intense healing work recently and I think it took a lot out of her..........."

**with a small chuckle rights himself, and then sits cross legged to watch the match, the old, light smile plays over his features again.**
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

Kouzan Mogul
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kouzan Mogul » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:23 am

*raises his hand, sending forth a beam of energy to Venus, as well, chuckling at Iso's lighthearted rejuvenation*

"Hope that helps!" he calls to Venus as he lowers his hand and turns his attention back to the match.

"Kouzan Mogul, it is time for you to wreak bloody, bloody revenge on the centaur community"

~The Town Crier (i'm serious)

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:37 pm

*Shouts at Kouzan*Quit with the power beams! They interrupt the fight, and are scary!

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:13 pm

Mengsk wrote:*Charges toward Xanthias and leaps to his left at the last moment delivering an inward slash toward xanthias' midsection before landing firmly on both feet*

He snaps his broadsword flat against the back of his right arm and swings his arm back, deflecting the blow. He then pivots on his rear foot whipping the blade out in a low arc towards Mengsk's knees. His eyes are watching Mengsk, and Mengsk only, everything else forgotten. His breathing remains even.

Mengsk
Veteran

Postby Mengsk » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:20 pm

*pivots but takes a glancing blow to his right knee and stumbles as a flow of crimson mixes in with the dirt below his foot. Swings his short sword in an arc aimed at the small of Xanthias' back keeping his dagger ready*
An Open mind is like a fortress with it's gates wide open and it's doors unbarred.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:10 pm

Mengsk wrote:*pivots but takes a glancing blow to his right knee and stumbles as a flow of crimson mixes in with the dirt below his foot. Swings his short sword in an arc aimed at the small of Xanthias' back keeping his dagger ready*

Having little choice between taking the blow to his exposed back, or falling forward to avoid it, Xanthias drops forward, losing his sword in the process. He quickly rolls onto his back to assess his situation.

Richard DeVille
New Adventurer

Postby Richard DeVille » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:26 pm

**looks about the Arena in amazement from the Eastern entrance**
Hmm, I cannot believe I had not seen this structure before
**sees the open armory and places his shield against the wall outside as he disappears into it, chuckling delightedly**

Venus Darkmoon
Veteran

Postby Venus Darkmoon » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:48 pm

Venus bites her lip involuntarily as she sees Xanthias fall forward, thinking for a moment the sowrd had already pierced his flesh. She lets out a soft sigh of relief as the comes up unharmed despite losing his sword, and presses two knuckes to her bleeding lip, the other hand squeezing Isolde's tightly to reassure her all is well.

superduck
I talk WAY too much

Postby superduck » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:15 pm

*Thorin is surprised by Xanthias losing his sword, and stands up to see what's happening*
Again I see I should never underestimate others.

Thorin the Dainty.

As it says to the left......I talk WAY too much. ;)
And yes, I am fully aware that currently it says so to the right, rather than the left, which used to be the location for said line, but I am simply too lazy to change it for you.

Mengsk
Veteran

Postby Mengsk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:19 pm

Turns in the opposite direction after missing Xanthias completely. Brings his right foot down hard on Xanthias' sword blade. Stands alert looking xanthias in the eyes with both sword and dagger raised and ready.
An Open mind is like a fortress with it's gates wide open and it's doors unbarred.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:15 am

Mengsk wrote:Turns in the opposite direction after missing Xanthias completely. Brings his right foot down hard on Xanthias' sword blade. Stands alert looking xanthias in the eyes with both sword and dagger raised and ready.

Xanthias stands and then looks at Mengsk. His face is solemn. He doesn't try to retrieve his sword. Instead he simply drops back into a defensive half crouch and waves his fingers at Mengsk, inviting him to attack.

Mengsk
Veteran

Postby Mengsk » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:45 pm

*Sees Xanthias' challenge. His left hand burns where the tattoo used to be and the voice of his old teacher resonates in his head and a brief memory for a moment fills his vision...

**'Very good' Dalsen(Mengsk's old teacher in the art of war)replies to the 2 seven year olds sparring with wooden swords. Mengsks ducks and spins around to knock the sword out of his opponents hands and lays the finishing stab to his opponents abdomen. A short rush fills him from his "victory," but is short lived as Dalsen brings a Leather gauntleted fist down on his head.
"We do not fight in that manner!" he roars loud enough for the other 30 apprentices to hear and cease their practice. He walks over and picks up the sword and tosses it back to Lanthineus, Mengsk's opponent. "If you wish to fight like scum then join the fallen ranks!" Dalsen takes the opportunity of the object lesson to bring the point to the rest on the students.
"In combat you will fight with honor! There is no honor in wielding weapons against unarmed men. Our gods will not judge us with our victories or defeats, they will not pay attention to medals and merits, you will ultimately be judged on your scars and the manner in which you fight!"
With that he stares at Mengsk, "proceed tafford! Or do you not know how?"
The face on Lanthineus slowly forms to that of Xanthias as reality returns and he sees the almost welcoming look in his eyes**

*Flips Xanthias' sword up with his foot and catches it in his hand. Plunges both swords(His and Xanthias') in the dirt. Draws his other dagger and lightly tosses it over to his opponent*

'The loser shall hand the winner his sword once this fight is over'

*Welcomes Xanthias to attack*

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:11 am

"Very well."

He then moves forward cautiously, one foot in front of the other, his left side facing Mengsk. He moves slowly, watching the eyes of the man before him for any sign of attack.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:49 pm

(OOC: Mengsk, are you just going to throw this fight? I need to know so I can move this thread along. It's been ten days since my post.)

Raven Zero
Adventurer

Postby Raven Zero » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:27 pm

Walks along the path tracing the footprints as they stretch far out of sight... continuing on for what seems like an hour he aproaches a large building with a rather odd sign hanging near it.... raises an eyebrow

Hmm... Someone is going to kill themselves if they see this........

Rips down the sign and walks into the building hearing sounds of cheering throughout.... continues on farther into the building finding an entrance to sthe stand, and one to the arena....... gives a small smirk

Me wait on the sidelines?........

Kneeling on the ground he grabs his bag from his shoulder... lays it on the ground and pulls out his Demon Halbried and puts his staff away..... He then ties up the bag and throws it in the corner.... Removing his arms from his robe he ties them to the inner side and latches a silver chain around his neck connecting the robe in a cape like fashion.. then concentrates intently

Featherwieght.......

His robs lifts off the ground floating just above it but still firmly attached to himself... Standing up fully he mooves his head side to die cracking his neck and smiles... walking straight into the arena battleground and leaning against the wall laying down his weapon.. crossing him arms on his chest and waiting intently
In the night... I come for you....

Mengsk
Veteran

Postby Mengsk » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:37 pm

*Watches intently at Xanthias*

Lunges forward and swings his dagger in an arc toward Xanthias' midsection.

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:23 pm

Xanthias watches the second dagger clatter to the hardpacked dirt in front of him as Mengsk rushes forward. He drops his shoulder using the high armoured portion to cause the dagger to glance off. He drops to one knee quickly and reaches out with his right hand trying to grasp Mensgk's ankle and trip him up.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”