Scible's Legacy; Of Those to Come and Those Behind

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Cenny
Experienced Adventurer

Scible's Legacy; Of Those to Come and Those Behind

Postby Cenny » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:11 pm

((My last posting here for the foreseeable future, it would seem, turns out to not have much to do with either of my mains at all. I did, in the past and in small doses, maintain a third character of the name of Harkyne Scible, as something of a Valornian history nerd. See the following link: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13300&p=113090&hilit=harkyne#p113090 ... While I did rather throw myself into it for a good bit, time and tide and life and sorrow got in the way, and it never quite became what was imagined. And yet... it does exist, what did come into being. I had thought it lost, but chanced upon a thread of memory that lead to me recalling that I had actually made something of it for viewing. Still, dread incomplete, largely unsmoothed notes. Harkyne, I pass the mic to you.))

Many, many cycles ago, I set out with a vision in mind. I sought stories for the future among the tales of the past. Events, organizations, people who had touched Valorn in many ways. I collected names and tales of them. In hindsight, I believe my original criteria may have been overly restricted, but such are the regrets of a man who has only scattered pages of old ambitions. My dedication was imperfect, and my capabilities found wanting. But, perhaps, someone may someday take up where I left behind.

*He reverently sets a stack of tattered parchments and scattered strips of notes down before him.*

My vision for such was my own. Maybe you will approach it differently. Maybe you will find things I did not - in fact, I hope you do. Delving into the past is never an easy pursuit. There are differences, changes that have proceeded so subtly over the course that many find themselves shocked-still to look back too far. There is a sort of neutrality of skin to adopt in such pursuits, for it is the way I learned best to be as fair in my gatherings as I knew how to be.

Thank you, to those who gave me stories.

Thank you, to those who might be inspired by this one.

Cenny
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Scible's Legacy; Of Those to Come and Those Behind

Postby Cenny » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:00 pm

((The ability to register and make your own entries has been opened, and I've pulled in an extra administrator for the transition to this project's next stage of life, wherever it may be. Please mind the DG rules - particularly things regarding banned players and illicit content come to mind. Posts should lean in-character unless healthily supplemented by an OOC note, and should be neutral-to-positive regardless of contents. It is not a place to disparage characters, players, admins, organizations, etc etc. Posting is consent to the understanding that your post will be deleted if it violates the above. I'll be quietly helping out with such moderation in doses, but largely, I expect that this will in time pass to more active hands than mine.

Best wishes, and fond memories.))

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”