RE: Modus Disciplina Valyna "Test Run"

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Dabria
Social Leech

RE: Modus Disciplina Valyna "Test Run"

Postby Dabria » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:10 am

I have been asked, by Modus Disciplina Valyna to give an account of this turn's events. I shall start at the beginning, for it's a very good place to start!

A prism of light appeared in the sky, to the North of the Endless Desert. A scout around the area led Cody, myself and Brisingr to Ryndall, where the Modus Disciplina Valyna was arranging the shards created almost four turns ago. (Monday)
She accepted our offer of company and so Bris and I made our way to the Arcane Library in Nexus with her. Unfortunately Brisingr was called away urgently before the purpose of the excursion could be established.

Valyna wished to test the power created by the shards on a broken pillar, asking if I would serve as the conduit. After deliberation I chose Branishor and at her instruction placed my hands upon the pillar. Valyna stood behind me, her hand on my shoulder and recited the runes inscribed upon it. The runes glowed but the light seeped out of the cracks of the pillar. The light dissipated once Valyna's recitation had ceased.

So the important lessons that were learned from this turn's experimentation, and which I was asked to communicate to all, are as followed:

1. We must agree on a destination. It may also be useful to note that it may be feasible that that can also be a new destination if desired. The shards power was explained to me like a crystals. (I hope I get this bit right!) The crystals are a vessel. Nothing more. It is the translation of that vessel by an elucidator that gives us our spell-scroll, not the crystal itself. It's powers can not be known until translated. So bearing that in mind, it is possible that a new destination, if desired, may also be created.

2. Each pillar's repair will require two conduits. They do not necessarily have to be enchanters. These conduits must have very strong memories associated with the chosen destination, and ideally close in proximity. (e.g: First Kiss, Place of bonding, a happy occasion as such.) It is also important to note that fear, hate, heartbreak, any strong "negative" memories may also be used by the conduits.

Once a destination and conduits have been decided upon, Vaylna will be given their names and, when they are ready, to set a marc to meet and finish the experiment.

Valyna has asked me to stress that this is an experiment and is not without very real risks and very real dangers.

A question raised was also addressed on whether the shards could be recharged. Valyna said she had plenty of shards and they could be recharged if all those with a Coruscating Stone were willing to participate in the ritual each time.

I believe that covers all that happened this turn (Thurs). If I remember anything I failed to include I shall add a footnote to this parchment. If anyone has any questions or wishes to talk about the above further, I am more than happy to talk and answer them as best I can.

Signed

D. Kamali

((OOC: I hope I got this all down correctly. The next stage is literally to settle once and for all on a destination, then to contact Valyna in the usual manner once that and conduits have been decided upon to arrange a time for it all to happen!))
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Turcko
Veteran

Re: RE: Modus Disciplina Valyna "Test Run"

Postby Turcko » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:16 am

(As Falx)
So, the cracked pillars cannot be used because of being cracked? Light seeps out through the cracks, so we need to repair them physically first?
Or did it fail because you were just 1 single person being used as a conduit and the spell requires 2?

Otherwise, your account of the events is clear. Another productive turn *grins*
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:37 am

Thank you for your account of the test, Dabria. You have answered a question that has been in my mind concerning whether or not the coruscating stones can be used more than once. From what Valyna said to you the answer – fortunately – would appear to be yes.

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:48 pm

Turcko wrote:(As Falx)
So, the cracked pillars cannot be used because of being cracked? Light seeps out through the cracks, so we need to repair them physically first?
Or did it fail because you were just 1 single person being used as a conduit and the spell requires 2?

Otherwise, your account of the events is clear. Another productive turn *grins*

I did enquire if practical repairs needed to be done before the pillar was imbibed again, and the binding spell will take care of that. Two conduits would be best simply because of the power drain. It really would be too much for one person. Valyna never went into specifics as to the reason why, as far as I recall.

Pallas wrote:Thank you for your account of the test, Dabria. You have answered a question that has been in my mind concerning whether or not the coruscating stones can be used more than once. From what Valyna said to you the answer – fortunately – would appear to be yes.

I remembered you pondering about it and, it was a fair question so I just put it out there.

The main thing I took away from yesterturn is that Valyna's theories have been proven, and we all have a good idea of what would now be involved!
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”