To those holding power shards

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Pallas
Veteran

To those holding power shards

Postby Pallas » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:49 pm

a parchment is pinned to the notice board

After recent events at Ryndall seven power shards of various colours are in the possession of adventurers.
The shard I carry is green, the colour of the power stream currently associated with Jago. Since picking up the shard a couple of odd little things have happened around me. Nothing alarming or to give reason for feeling insecure or threatened but certainly unusual. What happened can be seen as falling broadly within Jago’s sphere of influence.
I have good reason to believe other shard carriers have seen things happen – again occurrences which could be taken as being within the area associated with the deity represented by the colour of the energy stream within their shard.
I’d be fascinated to hear of anything experienced by any others of you so please find me in the lands if you have anything to share. If willing I can pass on all experiences to other shard-holders, giving us a chance to reflect upon how such happenings demonstrate the range of influence of the deities of Valorn. And naturally this gleaned knowledge can be left where all interested adventurers can read it.

Pallas

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Re: To those holding power shards

Postby Topaz » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:49 pm

Yes, it is very interesting.

I was sitting in the Dundee Inn when my new waterskin, freshly filled, sprang a leak and water spread over the floor. But upon inspecting it, I discovered that not only was it still full, but it now held three times as much water as an ordinary waterskin. ((OOC: 15 instead of 5))

I hear that this is because I am carrying the argent shard, which signifies the god Ben.

Scribbler
New Adventurer

Re: To those holding power shards

Postby Scribbler » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:42 pm

I've been remiss in sharing this account.

Summary of Purple Shard Focus Session One, 23rd Turn of Frostfall

I joined others seeking refreshment and companionship in the Dundee Inn. Fairly quickly, Dabria drew Pallas and me, in our capacity as shard-holders, into conversation about the upcoming portal-mending task. This interaction eventually prompted my attempt to meditate on the purple shard's power in the manner as would be required for the upcoming ritual.

It responded with a flash of powerfully bright light.

Amongst some typical Dundee Inn chaos of conversation and blessing-casting, during which I tried with varying levels of success to hold focus, a miniature purple storm cloud appeared over my sponsor, Cleric Telvonus. It came with in with thunder, and hovered over his head for some marcs. Despite the scent of ozone and building humidity, and the obvious potential for rain or lightning, no consequential storming occurred. When the cloud eventually dissipated, Telvonus and his garb remained unscathed.

To date, there have been no further demonstrations of strange power from the crystal.

QUESTIONS:

Did the Anointment of Ben`s Unbending Will cause the storm to manifest? Could it have been the bearer's flighty nature and lack of focus, and general unsuitability to tasks of import? Was it the Better Ale?

Were the bearer's cold hands and general malaise due to the power drain of the crystal or a constitution weakened by poor diet high in sugars?

Did the storm cloud pick Telvonus because he invoked the name of lost gods or used one of their blessings?

Does purple rain stain?

**signed** Lyrkali

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”