Bring the Hollows closer - A plea to enchanters

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Turcko
Veteran

Bring the Hollows closer - A plea to enchanters

Postby Turcko » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:19 am

My fellow enchanters! For completely unselfish reasons that certainly do not include my need to keep all my fingers and knees intact, I, Falx Monde, have decided to find a way to make the Hollows more approachable to the rest of Valorn.

Those poor, honest, hard working merchants have had it rough since departing Fartown and it is about time we do something to 'better' their lives!

So I humbly ask you all for help! So far the following courses of action have been proposed:

- We can try to fix the Nexus pillars that are broken and find ways to make a new pillar directed at the Hollows.
- We can try to devise a way to make a new portal spell that directs to the Hollows.
- If our enchanter smarts fail, it has been suggested that we simply extend the ancient rogue tunnels to the Hollows, harnessing our recently acquired skills to make tunnels.
- Bos Stops! (Patent pending, idea credit goes to Dabria). An established caravan route between Branishor and the Hollows, working much like the ferries but inland. This would allow easier travel of adventurers and goods to/from the Hollows. Civilization and progress!

I invite you all to pursue one (or all) of these possibilities and share whatever progress or ideas here.
Thank you all for your help in bettering Valorn (and allowing me to keep the use of both legs and hands).
Last edited by Turcko on Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Turcko
Veteran

Re: Bring the Hollows closer - A plea to enchanters

Postby Turcko » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:19 pm

So far there was a gathering in the Nexus including: Falx Monde, Bifrost Janger, Lillya, Lavender Morgan, Zarock, Enanek Trabbeg.

We tried to dismantle the broken Milltown pillar to study how it was made, using ice picks and, at some frustrating point, hitting the pillar with a spade.

It was discovered that pillars dislike being poked with quills (thanks Zarock!), but not much else.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:47 am

During Brifost's Geology Society meeting, Raffe suggested that the Coruscating Stones brought from beyond the doorway could be used to power the broken pillars. Those that brought one of these incredibly heavy stones from that realm and wish to explore this venue are welcome to do so.

During the same meeting, Zarock suggested making a device with lenses and mirrors to be able to look inside the broken pillars through their existing cracks, without further damaging them. Zarock will pursue this so that we learn what exactly is inside the pillars and if they can be replicated.

biffpbizzo
New Adventurer

Postby biffpbizzo » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:15 pm

I think we oughta make a tunnel on the count we already know how to do that. Ye enchanters could spend years bumbling about an breaking LM's with ye experiments. Besides, now that we know that shine can be used fer blasting tunnels it oughta be easier to dig them now.

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:56 am

That is all well and good for you and other rogues, Low. But how does that help enchanters fix or create anew our area of travel? We do not have as easy of access to your tunnels as you do dear.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:07 pm

A revolutionary idea was put forward to help out the Hollows while the portal search goes on: establish a secure route for Bos pulled carts to periodically go to and from the Hollows. This would not only help all manner of adventurers reach the Hollows with ease, but also allow the residents and merchants there to get goods easily and sell their own.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”