Advent Prompt 23

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Advent Prompt 23

Postby Bifrost Janger » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:31 am

~Dictated by Bo Bonnie. Written and recorded by Mister Bifrost Janger~

You know, you can be friends with somebody for years and years, and they can still come along and surprise you.

Like yesterturn, I would never have expected that Telvonus would comb my hair out for me dressed in his best shell bikini. And that was after he went and chucked soup all over the Life Monument... But there you do go, people have ways of surprising you like that.

I am excited for tomorrow. We're going to be having another party in the Swashbuckler. Our last during Scootertide was a roaring success - even if I do say so myself. I like it. I like having all the people around to our house. It must be what it feels like to have a family. A big, bustling family.

We're going to play the Question Game. So, there will probably be a surprise admittance or two there, too. I have some questions prepared in my head already. It is a fine line, you see. Because on one hand, you want to ask questions that are deep and probing. But on the other, you want to keep the game going. If you start off asking everyone their deepest, darkest secrets, then they're probably going to run off before the party has even started.

But I suppose, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Instead, you can drink. That is the choice you see; answer or drink. But then, drinking is an answer in itself, I think.

And then, if you drink too often, well... That's a slippery slope. Ale often leads to loose tongues. Tomorrow, I hope I drink enough to be brave, but not so much that I am reckless.
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”