Advent Prompt 18

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Advent Prompt 18

Postby Bifrost Janger » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:02 am

If you've got the marcs, then I've got the plat. Because what's the point in holding onto all of that coin, and letting it burn a hole through your pocket? I'm not a dragon, guarding over a hoard of treasures. I'm only a mortal lad and I want to buy you pyjamas.

Everyone deserves pyjamas - especially the Scootertide ones with the hood. I'll get you the slippers too. The ones that squeak. I'll even provide the snacks to eat, while we sit in our pillowy fort.

I've got too much plat in my pocket; more than what I will ever spend. I don't train, or buy gear. I've no need of potions or salves. My sponsee is lazy. I've got too much; more than I need. My benefactors have been many. Now, won't you let me benefact you?

I'll take you on holiday to Ethucan; it wouldn't be much fun to go alone. I'll ply you with their wine till your lips are purple, and watch as you sit in the sand. I'll buy you their jewels and dainties, and won't ask for much in return. Just that you let me prattle on, about the rocks and Gnomes. Maybe we could have a good argument. You know how I love to fuss.

I've too much plat in my pocket, and I want to buy you all of the tomes. All of the ones that I have read; the ones that I have liked the best. I wonder if you will like them too? We could talk about it over over korungoffee; in that fancy Inn in Branishor. I will pay for the ferry, so that you can come with me.

My pockets are full of plat, but Winter's Warming is coming up. I'll throw it around like glitter dust, and let it settle like snow. I don't want all that much for Winter's Warming, just spectacles, hot potatoes and Gnomes. And for you to spend your time with me, for I do hate being alone.
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”