Advent Prompt 14

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Rhalia
New Adventurer

Advent Prompt 14

Postby Rhalia » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:49 am

“Hmmm…. What should I make for dinner for my company tomorrow? I don’t even know how many people will be coming.”

*I ponder for a moment before, inspired, I snap my fingers. *
“I got it! Chili!”

*I go to the market and pick up all of the necessary ingredients to make my chili. The next turn, I set to work preparing the chili. *
“Ok, first, I need to chop this large onion, two green bell peppers and two red bell peppers. Once that is done, I have to chop a couple of cloves of garlic.”

• I quickly and carefully chop my vegetables. *
“Now, I need to sautee the peppers and onion in oil with some of the garlic. As they sweat, I need to season them with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, a sprinkle of ceyenne powder, and some basil. After a few minutes, I’ll remove the vegetables from the skillet and cook the ground chicken in the same oil as the vegetables, using the rest of the chopped garlic and seasoning the meat with the same herbs and spices I used for the vegetables, but also adding some Old Bay seasoning.”

• I go about performing the above task, placing the cooked ingredients into the cauldron. I then add about thirty ounces of crushed tomatoes and thirty ounces of fire roasted diced tomatoes. Along with that, I add about thirty ounces of dark red kidney beans and thirty ounces of black beans. Now, with all of my ingredients finally together, I set a low fire beneath the cauldron and cover it to cook the chili slowly for many marcs, stirring occasionally. When my friends show up, the smiles on their faces can be heard in their voices as the pleasant aroma of my chili fills their nostrils. They comment on how good it smells, which makes me smile in turn. We all sit and enjoy a delicious meal of chili, accompanied by shredded cheese and sour cream for anyone who likes to top their chili… and cornbread of course. Can’t have chili without cornbread.*

Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Advent Prompt 14

Postby Bifrost Janger » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Bif couldn't even fry an egg. But it didn't matter overly much; he survived off tea and the white-hot force of his indignation. There was a reason his why staff was called Mood Lightning, after all.

Almost all of what Bif ate he bought. And the rest of it was free; soup from Caritas, tea and biscuits from Moss, forgotten candyballs that he found in his pockets. There had been rather a lot of parties lately; so that was all free picking.

Though for his lack of ability, Bif didn't mind sharing what he had. He fed the Gremlins on soup and other bits daily. Yesterturn, he'd piggybacked an ale-tender Moss through town to find him sustenance. And for his fellow Humanoidolgist, he'd delivered tea and tarts in the field. He'd stolen Bif's tart; the lemon one.

It was a jarring thought to think that there was another one of him in the lands. But was this other one his chum, or was he something else? Bif didn't yet know. After his escapade with the strange foil hats, he wasn't even sure if he was real at all. Maybe when Bif put his spectacles back on, he would disappear entirely.
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”