Advent writing prompt 1

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Advent writing prompt 1

Postby Bifrost Janger » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:25 pm

((Feel free to hop on here anyone if you're doing Raffe's advent prompts and it fits :D))

"There'll be nothing left of them potatoes if you keep going."

"I know how to peel taters. And stop trying to change the subject. He's coming home. Mark my words, Roalf, I want him here by Winter's Warming. I've six kids - not five! It doesn't feel right. It hasn't felt right since!"

"Stop waving that knife about!"

"Evan seen him the other turn, you know? Said he's looking skinny."

"He was always a pole. That doesn't mean nothing."

"Must have been something for Evan to have noticed. Anyway, it's been that long since he's been back he hasn't even met Trudi's two bairns. And, while we're at it, I hold you entirely responsible."

"It was his own doing."

"You hit him. The lads told me so."

"He said he doesn't want to come home. And if he cared so much, he'd have tried by now. But no. No letter. Nothing. He hasn't even written you; his own mother!"

"Cos he knows I can't read! Why would he try to write me, Roalf?!"

"Alright! Calm down! I was just saying!"

"Don't you tell me what to do! I'm not asking you, Roalf; I'm telling! Bifrost is coming home for Winter's Warming and that's final!"
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Re: Advent writing prompt 1

Postby Blythe » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:46 pm

“Raffe!”

“I am here. Just a pace slow.”

“Raffe! It’s dark.”

“I’m back. It’s okay.”

“Your promised…”

“It wasn’t my fault. “

“Clumsy.”

“Ugh. Gross. Really?”

“It wasn’t my fault.”

“Messy.”

“Persnickety.”

“Short.”

“Thick!”

“Blue!”

“Azure Greenhills has advanced in skill and power!”

“I win!”

“…you cheat.”
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:11 pm

‘Pallas, can I take a look at the dagger you use?’
‘Yes, of course. Here it is. I can’t give it to you to examine because I’ve used it. And these have poison on the blade – you couldn’t use anything like it until we visit the temple and set your feet on the path I follow. Eyes only, friend. Don’t touch it! I said DON’T TOU...’
‘Ow! It’s sharp, for sure. Oh, gods … did you say … ummm … I mean … poison?’
‘I did. When will you learn to listen?’
‘After this sends me to the Life Monument and I’m able to return?’
‘No. No monument for you this turn. Seems a suitable time to talk about poisons, and antidotes. Like these … rub the balm on the cut, and swallow the liquid. Now!’
‘Thanks. I guess it can take a lot of patience, teaching what apprentices need to know about the profession.’
‘Some take more than others. I’ll be patient with you, so long as you agree to concentrate on what I say. Deal?’
‘Agreed, Pallas. Ouch!’
‘So sorry … did I shake the hand you injured, to seal the deal? That will help you remember, I hope. That’s enough teaching for this turn, I think. You still need to train a touch more until you can choose a path to follow.’
‘Yes, I’ll do that. Not long until I can go see the trainer.’
‘Well done. Go and train. Find things to kill, and learn from it. Just one thing though ...’
‘Yes Pallas?’
‘Kill the creatures. Try not to let them kill you!’

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:05 pm

“What’s for dinner?”

“You just had lunch like, a marc ago. Seriously?”

“Well, like you said, ‘had’. The past is the past. And planning makes the tummy go full and happy, so quit being a sour pants, Falx. What’s Ma Monde going to make for dinner?”

“Go back to the house and ask her, or focus on the task at hand. What are you, eight years old?”

“We’re both thirteen and you know it. By Miranda I ought to stop hanging out with you. Ivan barely walks and he’s already thrice as fun to be around.”

“So everyone keeps telling me. I didn’t force you to come explore the sewers, cousin. I’m perfectly happy making my experiments in solitude and, most important of all, silence. And come to think of it, what made you wonder about dinner while knee deep in sewer filth anyway?”

“We passed a half-eaten burger back that way. I chose to focus on the memory of a good hot burger rather than the moldy ones we find here. Mind over matter and all that nonsense Argoth tries to drill into us. It works, you know? Speaking of which, the old man making me promise to watch your skinny rear is the only reason I’m here!”

“The accident was hardly my fault. And now we know that ale does not get the rats drunk, it gets them in a frenzy. Trial and error are the way we will get that obese one, unless you are fine just waiting to come of age and become an adventurer.”

“Adventurers can spend their turns eating burgers, and drinking ale, and boasting of their quests and how they face demon hordes. I’m actually really fine waiting to become one, as should you. I can already picture you as a skinny, greasy haired library mouse, writing a huge tome on ‘One Hundred and One Ways to NOT Kill Sewer Rats’.”

“Mock me, if you wish. I will show you. I will show everyone. I can take care of myself, and one turn I will be powerful and wise and have no need to deal with your smelly self. Now place those mead-soaked potatoes over that pile of… whatever that is, and come hide.”

“Hmm… mead-soaked potatoes…”
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”