Sacred Knowledge

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Daven
New Adventurer

Sacred Knowledge

Postby Daven » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:08 am

Sacred Knowledge

by Daven Blackmourn

This is a story for those of you who have ever walked into a room, and forgotten why you were there. Those of you who have forgotten an anniversary, or birthday. Even simply what you had for breakfast can seem like a long lost dream.

For you see my friends, you may just think these occurrences are due to a scattered mind, or hectic thought. But you’ll soon discover that the truth is much, much stranger.

Our story begins long ago, in a small cabin, in a land far from Valorn. Now, in this cabin lives a boy named Seka, who we find getting ready to attend his job as a scholars assistant.

“Okay. Socks?” he says, checking his feet “Check! Books?” he looks to his messy bed, shocked to find his bag of books has disappeared.

He frantically searches his small room, checking every crack and crevice. Lifting every floorboard, looking under his bed, throwing a bag of books to look behind them, even checking the… “Oh.” he kicks himself as he realizes what he’s just done.

Almost frozen in fear, he slowly glances over to the bag he’s just thrown, as it sinks into the wash bucket.

Quickly, he runs to grab the bag before the books are ruined, and waterlogged beyond repair. However, when he reaches the bag, he’s shocked to discover not only are the books not there; but there is also a mysterious hole carved out of the bottom of the wash bucket.

Perplexed, he slowly reaches to inspect the hole, only to have a hatch shut, right where the bottom of the bucket should be.

This causes Seka to fall back in shock. As he quickly stammer back to his feet, he hears what sounds like the pitter patter of little feet coming towards him. “Bah!’’ he yells, as he frantically back-steps into the cabin wall. 

He swivels his head left and right, frantically searching for the cause of the noise.

“Ow!” he yelps, as he feels a sharp pain in his toe. 

Looking down, he sees 20 snub-nosed, purple creatures, each no bigger than his thumb.

As Seka stood there, in both fear and shock, one of the little creature’s spoke “We are the Labonite. Collectors and protectors of knowledge.” he takes a bow 

“I am called Prito. I am the head Labonite for this cabin.” the Labonite named Prito snaps his fingers, and 20 more creatures appear before Seka’s eyes, hauling with them the satchel of books. 

“These, young Seka, are invaluable items, which contain invaluable worth inside.” Prito crosses his arms behind his back, pacing as he speaks “They should be treated with respect, not thrown around and lost!.” 

Seka’s fear fades, as he simply processes the events unfolding before his eyes.

Prido continues “Should I ever see you disrespect the texts again, I zap away everything you’ve ever known.”

He stares at Seka “I shall make you a blubbering fool! Am I understood?” his tone becomes almost sinister.

Seka furiously nods “Yes! Yes, I promise!” Prido smiles “Good. Now then, to erase your memories of all you’ve seen; except for your promise of course.” grinning as a bolt of light emerges from Prido’s forehead, pinging Seka in his own, causing him to black out.

Seka regains consciousness, standing right where he had been. He looks around for a moment and mutters “What was I looking for again?”

Loki Jester
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Sacred Knowledge

Postby Loki Jester » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:20 am

Reads the story thoroughly and obviously loves it already. Says with an excited tone, "My gods, this is amazing.. I loved it! Can I keep it?" Grins, "But no, I'm waiting for the second part! I mean.. there will be a second part..." Squints, "Right?"
Ridder Zeric of Admin says "[Broadcast] **looks at the fact 14 hours have passed on the clock** Oh. That explains why I'm tired. **collapses**"

Loki Jester

Daven
New Adventurer

Postby Daven » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:14 am

*laughs* "Well, no, but I do have other stories that I am working on. I'm almost finished with my next one."

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Rosaline laughs"Ah, so this is what you were working on. Very well written! I look forward to more stories.. and since I can... I might try and peek early.."teases
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”