Folly: Episode 4

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Re: Folly: Episode 4

Postby Blythe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:47 am

*laughs and goes to where Falx is holding out with the ale* You know I kid! Kidding! Anyone with such abundance of ale could never be a demon!
*takes the ale and tried to non-chalantly sniff at it to assuage his suspicions before take a drink* To our health! And the wisdom of our Not-So-Dainty ruler this turn!
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Topaz sits, seemingly deep in thought -- except that her clear brown eyes follow the actions of her subjects. One in particular has her attention. When Raffe accepts, and drinks, an ale from Falx, she frowns, then watches Raffe closely for an entire marc, toying idly with a bottle of healing potion.

She rises to address the populace.

"Citizens of Fol!" she says. "I am sorry to say that among you is one whose words and actions have seemed suspicious to me from the beginning. To ignore those suspicions would be irresponsible and might well endanger the realm. Therefore I hereby banish FALX from the realm."

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:01 pm

Narrator wrote: As Falx is lead away from the village by the guards, the citizens all watch on before running to their homes and closing all doors and windows as Demon Eyes begins

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 pm

*Falx cries out one last time as he's dragged away* I'm innocent, innocent I tell you! There are still demons among you! Stand strong good denizens of Fol, and beware those too conveniently quick to judge! *Falx's cries slowly die out as he is engulfed by the wilderness and the dangers outside the kingdoms's walls*
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:52 pm

*pours a bit of ale out on the ground in memorium*
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:24 pm

*listens to Falx' cries with a thoughtful expression on his face as he heads back to his hall*

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 am

*chewing at the edge of her thumb, her brow furrows as she watches Falx being dragged away*
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:43 pm

Narrator wrote: The sky flashes and laughter can be heard, indicating some poor denizen has been cursed by the demons

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Raffe feels a bit... odd. He wanders aloud about what poor denizen has suffered a dastardly curse under the watch of demon eyes.
“I wonder...” Raffe suddenly snorts like a bos!
He grasps his throat and runs to the closest mirror, “Oh no!” Snorts!
“It can’t..” Snort snort.
He can barely get out a sentence without some accursed bovine instinct taking over and becoming bos headed is no longer a metaphor!
Too thoroughly embarrassed to face his fellow denizens, Raffe races to the temple under the cover of demon eyes. Hoping the clerics can at least have some pity for the snort-cursed commander.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:38 pm

Narrator wrote: As Demon Eyes comes to an end, all denizens are safe to come out of their homes and enjoy the Riftershine. Vicegerent Cody wanders from his home with a grin and looks at his list. Good people of Fol, its a new Riftershine and time to meet your new leader! Pallas the Wine-Lover is your new leader, may he guide you all in banishing the demons from our land!

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:07 pm

*stands behind the bar of the Emerald Mooon Tavern at his guildhall, sipping a glass of wine as he watches the people arrive, smiling in welcome as the citizens of Fol assemble*

Good people of Fol, I ask your assistance in rooting out the foul demons who assail our fair land. If you have any information or suspicion as to who among you are demons masquerading as true denizens, I urge you to pass on your thoughts. You can speak here – or if you prefer, leave a parchment in there -

*he gestures toward a clean wineglass left atop the bar*

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:35 pm

steps from her cabin "Goodness all that snorting, it sounded like a bos was running amuck." brushes off her dress and heads to the Pallas's Tavern, bows her head to the new king of Fol "Good morning your majesty."
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Topaz strides into the Emerald Mooon, stopping to pet a cat or two.

"Good morning, your Majesty, and congratulations on your ascent to the throne."

She adds something privately in Pallas's ear.

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:11 pm

*wanders into the Emerald Mooon, smiling broadly at Pallas* Your majesty it is a pleasure to see you on the Throne at last.
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 pm

*sips a glass of wine as he casts a reflective gaze upon the denizens*

Citizens of Fol, I have listened to what you have had to say, thought over the suspicions which run across the land in the same way demons in disguise also do so. We must free ourselves of this peril. To do so we must banish them from our fair land. I can only hope that we – and at this moment I – are correct in our thoughts.

*He looks once again at the assembled folk, a smile on his face. The smile fades as his eyes fall on one particular individual*

I name Bebhinn. Guards, take her away.

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:28 pm

Narrator wrote: As Bebhinn is taken away by the guards, all the denizens rush home, locking themselves inside to wait out Demon Eyes as it starts

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:41 pm

*glares over her shoulder at Pallas and snarls* You need to be careful who you trust Pallas

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:39 pm

Narrator wrote:*laughter is heard through the land as another denizen is cursed

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:12 pm

nods and heads home, starts sneezing, her eyes start watering, she sniffles and looks around with blurry vision"Where... I can't se.."sneezes "See..." frowns and coughs, starts scratching her neck and arms as they begin to itch, then the rest of her body as well turns red and blotchy, itching like crazy as the plant life around her affects her newly found allergies, she seems to be sobbing... but that could be the allergies to everything just making her eyes water like a river of tears. So she nearly blind, stumbles off towards her home and away from all plant life for a time. Lamenting the fact that she won't be able to visit her precious garden til a cure can be found. :cry:
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Narrator wrote:*Vicegerent Cody steps out of his cabin, looking down at the dwindling list of citizens* Good people, your new leader is King Taven the New, may his rule be Folish and true

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”