Folly: Episode 3

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Lavender
Social Leech

Re: Folly: Episode 3

Postby Lavender » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Nods at the proclamation and heads home, on the way she scratches an itch on her chin, pulls her hand away to look at her nails and a rough spot she felt. Shrugs as it's no big deal, and pulls a small file from her bag and does her usual job on it while she walks.. But instead of getting better... It gets worse!!! Realizing this she pauses in her steps, her brows furrow in concentration as she works on it again.

Speaks softly, slightly upset "No... What's going on?! Are...Are they getting worse?... No!" Runs to her cabin searches for scissors and tries to cut the nails that she now notices are STILL growing! And at a fast rate too! So, she hides in her cabin weeping and constantly trying to "fix" her nails.

So... sadly on this eve this usually well groomed lass, and her now permanently unfiled nails, that keep growing all crooked, twisted, and with rough, cracked edges no matter what she tries, is never seen again as she hides in her cabin, in shame. Constantly trying to repair the curse that was set upon her, eventually driving her to madness in it's wake.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:20 pm

Narrator wrote:Pride before the fall... Poor Lavender and her once well tended nails have met a terribly lonesome and tragically unkempt end.

The Demon Eyes set and Sunrifter graces the land of Fol once again. The handsome and wise Vicegerent Raffe arises to update the population list and announce the new ruler for the turn.
“Hear ye! Hear ye! Well, hear me anyway. It is my pleasure to decree that Queen Bebhinn Mac Airem ‘The Powerful, but slightly less powerful than some and still yet more powerful than some others’ is now ruler of Fol! Reign well More or Less Powerful Queen Bebhinn! May your Folishness see us through to a brighter turn!”

The Vicegerent happily returns to his home as his duties are complete.

Narrator wrote:And so begins another Riftershine. More or less...
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:31 pm

*pokes his head out of his window again, shaking his head at poor Lav's fate and then turning to grin over to Bebhinn* I will help any way I can to clear out the demons that made poor Lavender suffer

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:18 pm

*Falx returns dismayed from a visit do poor Lavender, shaking his head as she falls into madness*
May your reign be fair good Queen Bebhinn *bows his head*
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:27 pm

*shudders at the evil curse which has fallen on Lavender, then turns to speak to Bebhinn*
Greetings, your Majesty-ish. Rest assured, all true denizens of Fol will maintain their vigilance and inform you of their suspicions.

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:34 pm

After taking a moment to adjust to this sudden and most unexpected rise in station - More or Less Powerful Queen Bebhinn attempts to majestically glide onto the royal balcony (sadly failing, tripping not once but twice) to address her denizens.

Trying to hide her clear embarrassment she exclaims "Good citizens of Fol!" , "Your More or Less Powerful Queen needs your aid! Please cast your votes and help me rid the lands of this Demonic Foe!"
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:12 pm

*snickers quietly and scrawls out a name, handing the parchment to her with a grin*

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:58 am

*speaks to the Queen in a low voice, rather than casting a formal written vote*

Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bebhinn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:37 pm

As the stars fill the sky and the turn slips away, More or Less Powerful Queen Bebhinn bites her thumb as she sits quietly studying the wisdom of her people.

"I have pondered long and hard your advice my people, and I am sorry but ... Reesa!" she sighs, with a visibly heavy heart, "I hereby banish you from the kingdom of Fol!"
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Narrator wrote:The closing of Riftershine sees another denizen, possibly demon, Reesa Ambernight banished from Fol.
The Demon Eyes rise high into the sky with the sounds of heinous demon doings echoing across the lands.
How wise was the rule of the More or Less Powerful Be jinn? How close are the vile demons to ruling the lands of Fol? Only the most folish outcomes await the unsuspecting denizens of this fragile kingdom.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Reesa
New Adventurer

Postby Reesa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Bebhinn wrote:"I have pondered long and hard your advice my people, and I am sorry but ... Reesa!" she sighs, with a visibly heavy heart, "I hereby banish you from the kingdom of Fol!"

Hmph. *spins so quickly her robes fan out and wrap around her legs... almost tripping she walks home muttering about the lack of adequate sleuthing skills*
Reesa Ambernight the Virtuous
There is always time for kindness.

Talisk
New Adventurer

Postby Talisk » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:03 pm

*watches as Reesa departs* Noooo!

*to Reesa* Trust that I will endeavor to do my best, on my Honor, to uphold the family name.

Could this mean the return of Hansen?
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Never, ever, panic. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:48 am

*listens to the announcement by the More-or-Less-Powerful Queen, then sits pondering the situation*

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:48 pm

*watches Reesa leave, quietly wondering if all enchanters are that...graceful*

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:31 pm

Narrator wrote:The Demon Eyes darken to a deep blood red as a curse goes out across the kingdom of Fol.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:12 pm

*returns to the hall, eagerly anticipating a well-deserved meal. Takes a sip of wine to wash down a morsel of hog-roast, then splutters and coughs*
Gods, is the wine off? It tastes of MSG! What can have happened?
*sniffs cautiously at another glass of wine* This seems more fresh *Sips at the glass, then spits the drink into a nearby plant-pot*
MSG! It tastes of MSG! No, they can't curse me like this ... not taking away my wine! A man can't survive on MSG alone!

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 am

*Falx enters the TS halls to find Pallas sipping from several glasses and spitting everywhere. He carefully and silently walks out without disturbing the rogue, running to his home when finding himself outdoors*

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:46 pm

The Wise, Handsome and mostly Magnanimous Vicegerent arises on another glorious Riftershine.

“Attention denizens is Fol! This turn’s ruler is Queen Cordelia ‘the Scintillating’! May her rule result in ultimate Folishness among all denizens! Let us pray that the gods give her more sense and less late than precious rulers!”

With the announcement done, the Vicegerent retreats from the Folish audience to his most holy, and quite safe, abode.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

High Queen Cordelia
NPC Monarch of Valorn

Postby High Queen Cordelia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Queen Cordelia the Scintillating, sitting at the desk in her living quarters, unlocks a drawer and whips out a parchment. She examines it carefully, crossing one name off the list, then hovers over another with a tiny furrow in her brow.

After a part-marc of contemplation she throws her cloak on and hurries off. Soon the World Crier, in a somewhat puzzled tone, proclaims "Denizens of... uh... Fol? Please advise your scintillating ruler of any suspicious behavior you may witnessed."

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:06 pm

*Falx covers his eyes from the scintillating visage of 'Queen High Queen' Cordelia and approaches, offering whispering advice*

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”