Folly: Episode 3

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Bebhinn
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Folly: Episode 3

Postby Bebhinn » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Greetings Bouncy Bif! Anything I can do to help unmask those pesky demons just let me know *winks*

Bebh
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:32 am

Narrator wrote:While Folish King Bouncy Bif surveyed the denizens of the land, a very large (but quite stylish and high fashion) shoe has been carried in and set down in the center of Fol. Just below it’s shiny brass buckle is pinned a note: VOTES HERE
Still, Bifrost the Bouncy does little more than his name suggests for this turn as the denizens await his decision for banishment.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bifrost Janger » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:31 pm

King Bif snorts loudly; rousing himself at last from his lengthy slumber. After taking a moment to blink the sleep from his eyes, he rises and bounces over to the royal balcony to address his denizens.

"Good citizens of Fol!" He cries, hands raised to the skies, "Your Bouncy King calls for your aid! Please cast your votes within my ginormous shoe!"
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:12 pm

OOC- it was brought to my attention that I left a name off the list of a player that contacted me and was already in the randomizer count to be ruler/demon. Apologies for the confusion- Reesa, you’ve been added to the population list and carry on playing!
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

High Queen Cordelia
NPC Monarch of Valorn

Postby High Queen Cordelia » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:22 pm

Cordelia saunters past, pausing a split-marc to glance at the ruling King. With a casual flick of the wrist, she tosses a tightly-furled parchment into the oversized shoe, then carries on her way.

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:36 pm

*approaches the huge shoe quietly, so as not to disturb Fol's king in his sleeping or bouncing. He drops a folded parchment into the shoe before going on his way*

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:58 pm

*makes his way over the shoe and drops a parchment in it before heading back to his home, muttering about wanting cookies*

Reesa
New Adventurer

Postby Reesa » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:20 pm

*looks mildly biffed at Raffe as she slides her way to the shoe, pulling a scroll from the folds of her robes and dropping it into the shoe before departing in a puff of smoke*
Reesa Ambernight the Virtuous
There is always time for kindness.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:13 am

Topaz, having already sent His Bounciness a message, sits quietly and watches the passers-by.

Talisk
New Adventurer

Postby Talisk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:31 am

So much to consider! *plays catch up*
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Never, ever, panic. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Talisk
New Adventurer

Postby Talisk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:34 am

Also, someone help me understand bounciness? Is Frohste in on this?

Talisk
New Adventurer

Postby Talisk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:55 am

Having been schooled, makes his way to the shoe and does his thing.

Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bifrost Janger » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:47 pm

As the turn slips into evening, King Bif motions for his great shoe to be taken inside; so that the Bouncy King might study the wisdom of his people.

After what seems like Marcs, Bif emerges again at last upon the Royal balcony to address the denizens.

"I have pondered upon your words, and... Topaz!" he declares, turning an accusatory finger to the warrior, "I hereby banish you from the kingdom of Fol!"
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:25 pm

Narrator wrote:A hush of surprise - that could be easily mistaken for a yawn of lengthy anticipation - falls over the lands as the denizens is Fol turn their eyes toward Topaz. Her banishment a clear sign that King Biffy the Bouncy is convinced she is a vile demoness in disguise!
How accurate is this Folish Kings judgment? Only the coming Demon Eyes will tell.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:09 pm

Topaz gives His Bounciness one long considering look, then makes her way out of the Kingdom to find a home with more observant rulers.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:28 pm

Narrator wrote:The setting of Sunrifter saw the banishment of a denizen by the King Bifrost the Bouncy, In all of his Folishness, King Bouncy banished Topaz.
All good Denizens hoped his justice was true. As for Topaz, who knows what lay beyond the protective walls of Fol.

The Demon Eyes now rose above the lands. The denizens retire one by one to the safety of their homes as only the demons dared dance in the light of the evil moons.

(OOC- a note for the new players: now is when the Demons get together and decide whom to curse and how. Any denizen can use their intuition during Demon Eyes by sending a note to the narrator with a name and asking to use it (only one time per Game). Also, denizens cannot converse during Demon Eyes the same as Demons cannot plot during Riftershine.
Message me in game, on forum or on discord if you have any questions!)
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:51 pm

*Falx watches in silence as Topaz is banished from the kingdom, his gaze uncertain. As the three demon eyes rise he enters the safety of his home, closing door and windows*
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:29 am

*watches Topaz' banishment from Fol. With a thoughtful expression on his face he returns to the security of The Emerald Mooon, sipping a glass of wine as he turns his thoughts and his intuition to the safety of the land and its denizens*

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:25 am

*blinks between King Bouncy and Topaz, watching as she leaves before shaking his head and sticking his head back in the window of his cabin, closing it tightly to wait for the next Riftershine*

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Narrator wrote:An eerie calm settles across the land as the triple moon Demon Eyes rises in the sky. The calm is broken and safety of the denizens shattered. A curse has been cast by some wretched demons on an unsuspecting denizen.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”