Folly: Episode Two

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Cody F
Social Leech

Re: Folly: Episode Two

Postby Cody F » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:08 pm

narrator wrote:Citizens of Fol all gathered around the Inquisitive King Bif with offers of aid and protection of the land coming from all directions.
Deciding to forgo the population vote altogether for the time being, King Bif decided it was too early for anyone to be able to confidently pick out between demon and denizen and so chose not to banish anyone.

The denizens all scurried home after the announcement, not wanting to be outside with the demons coming out to play during Demon Eyes"

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:55 pm

narrator wrote: Skittering laughter can be heard across Fol, indicating that someone has fallen prey to the demons curse

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:25 pm

As Demon Eyes ensues, Kenji having stopped outside his abode suddenly scared, Cowardice set in his heart like a icy knife.

A shriek loosens from his lips as he runs suddenly scared into the woods. Fear flowing through him like a toxic venom to the point he falls over in thw wold and his heart stops, dying from fear induced cowardice.
Stare into the Abyss... Feel the Darkness of the First Sins stare back.

Kenji Muramota-173295

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:33 am

*Unnerved by her brothers demise, she trembles and prays for the dawn.*
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:44 am

Narrator wrote:After the tragic fate that befell Kenji the demons skittered off to hide knowing that their times was up. As quick as it arrived, Demon Eyes changed back to Riftershine, allowing the citizens of Fol to see what had transpired.

Poking his head out his door, seeing if all is light and clear, Vicegerent Cody makes his way outside to announce the new leader of Fol. "Citizens! The rule of Bif is over, and now we look ahead to the next ruler...King Pallas 'the Stealthily Observant"! May his guidance allow for the safety of all denizens!"

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:06 am

* A muted fanfare is heard coming from the direction of a guildhall's gates, followed by ... absolutely nothing for a few moments! Then movement becomes just visible within a dark shadow cast by the light of the 'rifter and Pallas emerges, looking rather red in the face and sounding slightly breathless. As he speaks he attempts to hide a metal musical instrument behind his back*

My friends, citizens of Fol. Excuse my tardiness - I thought a swift clean-up and a comb through my hair was in order. That's worked - not sure about this, though. *he casts the instrument aside* I should have just rung a bell or something ... *he laughs, takes a breath and tries again*

I urge all loyal citizens to be vigilant, to seek out actions or words which may betray the foull demons who masquerade amongst us. Bring me your accusations or concerns and I will consider all that is told to me. Let us hope that together we can banish one of those who prey on the true citizens of Fol. Speak to me privately, or leave a note beside me.

*He places a previousely-opened treasure-box on the ground beside himself, and sits waiting, sipping his habitual glass of wine*

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:22 am

Raffe approaches Pallas. With a bow of deference worthy of a Folish Ruler, Raffe speaks up,”I would have a private word with our Stealthily Observant King, if it pleases.”

Raffe then lowers his voice so that only Pallas may hear. Making vague motions to the other denizens nearby, Raffe doesn’t speak at length... although it is obvious he has plenty to say.

When finished, he straightens a bit Trn gives another quick bow as he back away,”I appreciate your time, King Pallas.”
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:20 am

From her mountain fortress, Topaz hears Kenji's calls for help, and despite the danger starts to go to his aid. But the fortress gates are locked and barred, and before she can succeed in lifting the heavy bars she realizes that it is too late.

She listens to the new ruler's words and casts her eyes on all her fellow citizens. Is there a clue?

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:51 am

*makes her way to the king and whispers softly to him directly, she's nary a glance for the common folk about her, when she finishes she backs up slightly and curtsies gracefully and finishes speaking in a soft humble voice* Thank you for your time, oh Stealthily Observant King Pallas.
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:36 am

*Falx watches in horror and fear of his own the fate of the fleeing Kenji and spends the remaining Demon's Eyes auspice under a blanket in his home. Coming Riftershine he approaches King Pallas with a bow and mutters words to his ears only*
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Narrator wrote:After the Stealthily Observant King's musical entrance, citizens came out of their homes to greet the King and offer words of concern or advice about the people living among them, all of them wondering what he was going to do with this knowledge, and all hoping it would lead to the banishment of one of the demons that so cruelly cursed Kenji

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:48 pm

Topaz goes up to King Pallas and bows politely. She drops a neatly folded note into the empty treasure box at his side.

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:45 pm

*studies at length all the notes and words passed to him. He stands to make an announcement*

Good citizens of Fol -
I thank you all for your thoughts and observations, your suspicions of who might be a demon hiding within our midst. I've considered them all while also taking into account the possibility that some insights may be incorrect for one reason or another. It's a puzzle indeed, trying to decide on a course of action: or deciding to do nothing.
But we must take action, make an attempt to lessen the threat which faces us all. I won't stand by and watch another friend cursed. I've considered all that I have heard. And I can only hope that my own thoughts on the matter have been as clear as possible.

*The Stealthily (sometimes) Observant (hopefully) King takes out a lockpick, and flips it from hand to hand as he speaks. He then stops fiddling with the implement, instead holding it like a pointer, directed at one particular individual*

I name Raffe to be banished from our beloved land. Guards, take him away.

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:14 pm

*looks in dismay at the ruler's decree but slowly nods in agreement* Let us hope it was a wise decision to keep us all safe
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:03 am

Raffe rails endlessly against the injustice as the guards drag him from the Kingdom. His last words are a vow that the entire kingdom will rue the day they chose to banish him!
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:29 am

narrator wrote:As Raffe is dragged away from the kingdom, the citizens watch on anxiously. Did King Pallas make the right choice? Or are the demons silently cheering as they watch the denizen population shrink more? Unable to answer these questions, the citizens hurry to their homes to keep themselves safe as the Demon Eyes rise in the sky and the demons come out to play

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:20 am

*Kenji the Incorporeal pops up during demkns eyes taunting the demons and giving stink eyes tutting iver Raffe being banished* Welp I was innocent. And its boring being a ghost. *his opaque body resti g against a tree during the demon eyes* If I find out anything. Il let you fellow townies know! Good Luck!
Stare into the Abyss... Feel the Darkness of the First Sins stare back.

Kenji Muramota-173295

Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bifrost Janger » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:35 am

In his striped nightshirt and cap, and carrying a candle, Bif leans out of his bedroom window to call, "BE GONE, TRICKSTER SPIRIT, KENJI! LEAVE US GOOD FOLK OF FOL IN PEACE!"

The Enchanter snaps his window closed once again after shouting and takes extra care in checking his locks are fixed, before drawing the curtains.
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Narrator wrote:The unnerving sound of skittering demon laughter fills the air once again as another citizen of Fol is cursed

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:13 pm

Topaz hears the sound of demon laughter. She turns away from her window, intending to make sure that all the locks and wards are secure.

But she suddenly feels a great heaviness. She can't move her arms; the armor that she wore so lightly has suddenly become an intolerable weight. It is almost as if her arms have become boneless.

She struggles to get out of armor, calling to her guild mates for help. Fortunately one of them is a cleric, who may be able to deal with what is all too obviously a demon curse.

Topaz has fought -- and won -- without armor before. Even without weapons. But without the use of her arms, she is helpless to fight against the demons -- even if she were sure who they were.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”