Folly: Episode Two

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Cody F
Social Leech

Re: Folly: Episode Two

Postby Cody F » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:30 pm

Narrator wrote: Soon after the skittering laughter fades away and Topaz has begun her treatment for her boneless arms, Riftershine began anew, each citizen hoping the next ruler would work to keep their lands safe from the demons

Vicegerent Cody pokes his head out again and blinks as he hears about Topaz "That is unfortunate" coughs and then steps outside again with his little list "This turn, the role of guiding the good citizens of Fol has been entrusted to Queen Lavender the Purple, may her guidance be what is needed to help clear our lands of demons!"

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Blinks in surprise and smiles "Good citizens I shall do my best to see you through the coming turn. Bring me your thoughts to consider to keep us going strong."
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Narrator wrote:As Queen Lavender listens to the citizens concerns the thought on everyone's mind is whether her council will lead to the banishment of one of the demons wreaking havoc on the citizens of Fol

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:27 pm

"My dear people, it is with a heavy heart that I banish Vivyana for suspicion of demon activities. To make my people feel safer. So it is said, so let it be done. Guards, take her away." Sighs
Lavender

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:21 pm

*Falx nods his head in agreement* I'm certain one less demon plagues our fair kingdom.
*Falx retreats to the safety of his home to wait for the coming Demons Eyes*
Turcko, Falx Monde, Ivan Monde, Argoth

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Narrator wrote:As the guards drag away a very angry and screaming Viviyana, the citizens all rush home to avoid being out during Demon Eyes, only time will tell whether Lavender's decision was the right one, the ever increasing sound of demon laughter rings through the air, signalling that the demons are coming out to play

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Narrator wrote:The typical skittering laughter rang through the land, signalling that the demons had cast yet another curse on a citizen of Fol...not long after that Luna, warm in her home fell into a deep, drooly sleep...destined to sleep and drool forever. And as it always does, Riftershine began anew

Vicegerent Cody once again makes his way out of his home "The next leader....is King Falx the Magical! May he lead the Folish to peace!"

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:44 pm

*Falx watches as the remaining denizens arise from their homes and shakes his head sadly at their dwindling number*
Great and noble denizens of Fol, I musk ask for your aid in ending the menace over our Kingdom. Those of you with true and virtuous hearts please, come to me that I may weave your concerns and my magic into finding those that need banishing.

*Falx then opens his arms as if to embrace any willing to approach and smiles warmly*

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:51 pm

*Falx's smile widens as he lowers his arms*

On second thought. Do not come to me fair denizens of Fol. It is plainly clear to me who the demons among us are. I will have no vote on this matter.
Imbued by the laws so wisely and Folishly written by our ancestors and enforced to this day, I accuse you, Pallas the once Stealthily Observant, as a demon! Your strange musical display Fols us no longer.

Guards! Away with him!

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:22 pm

*Her mouth falls open as poor Pallas is dragged away, she shakes her head and wanders back to her home*
Lavender

Pallas
Veteran

Postby Pallas » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:21 pm

*struggles free of the guards long enough to cast a withering glare in the direction of Falx the Magical*
Music - even my own poor attempt -is a gift given for the enjoyment of humans. Demons do not appreciate it - as you know full we..
*Pallas' words are cut off as the guards once more take him in their grip and drag him away*

The joke is on the bloke who never spoke a word at all
But whose dreams lay unrevealed 'til they were rotten ...

Lindisfarne 'The Things I Should Have Said'

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:32 pm

*casts a dismissive hand at the last words of the rogue* Pay him little mind my fellow human denizens. The Demons Eyes will soon rise. Enjoy the final marcs of the Riftershine and let us see if Pallas was the last of the demons.

*grins widely and retires to his own abode*

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Narrator wrote:With a confident air about him, Falx the Magical banished Pallas from the lands. As the guards dragged him away, citizens once again took their their homes, hoping Falx was right and no demons were left to curse them this demon eyes. Not long after, the unmistakable laughter indicates that King Falx was indeed wrong and another citizen was cursed

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:03 pm

Nods "Thank goodness! I made it! No more demons in town! I know that was the last of them!" laughs "Goodbye demons!" heads towards her home, humming cheerfully, sniffs around as she starts smelling something... sweet?... Looks down, her usually fair skin has turned yellowish brown, the color of a korunga, looks horrified as she recognizes the smell is coming from her..."No... Not yellow!" hears a noise coming from the distance, looks up in horror, and even in the very low light of the night, a cloud of dust can be seen! Lavender screams and runs... but is of no use as a hoard of gremlins, smelling a smell so pungent that it drew them, which is coming from her! She is devoured as the rest of the town is now assaulted.
Lavender

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Narrator wrote:The cursing of poor Lavender sealed the fate of the Folish. The demons gleefully ran out into the town to dance with the gremlins and celebrate their victory. Riftershine was never seen again in Fol.

Annnd that's the end of this episode guys and gals! Thanks for playing along and making this fun...also thanks to the demons for being SERIOUSLY creative in your curses :lol:

Demons Banished
Raffe

Denizens Banished
Pallas
Viviyana

Denizens Cursed
Topaz
Luna
Lavender
Kenji

Demons still running free
Falx
Bif

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:33 pm

Humm... three of the people cursed were demons in the last round... Payback?... ROFL :lol:
Lavender

Turcko
Veteran

Postby Turcko » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:52 pm

I rather enjoyed being a demon and plotting with my partners in demon-crime Bifrost and Raffe :D
Thanks everyone, let's make the denizens win the next one!
(Unless I'm a demon again, then please trust every word I say!)

Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Bifrost Janger » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 am

The sound of commotion down on the streets once again draws Bifrost over to his window. Though this time, he flips the catch and leans right out; his otherwise green eye glinting oddly red beneath the light of the demon-eyes.

The boy crawls out; through the window, across the tiles, and drops soundlessly down onto the cobbles beneath his house. Edging over toward the ragtag group of Gremlins, the Bif-creature begins an odd, shuffling dance; spinning and shambling beneath the cold light of the moons.
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”