Folly: Episode 1

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Cody F
Social Leech

Re: Folly: Episode 1

Postby Cody F » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:07 am

*smiles and dips his head to Topaz* Vicegerent Raffe thinks he's being clever, I haven't had that purplefoot in ages, would be glad to tell you the story sometime

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Narrator wrote:The whispers of suspicion carry through the land of Fol during Riftershine. The inns and private homes buzz with the passing of secret notes; their contents only known to the minds of their fellow conspirators.

How many Denizens suspect their ruler of being an actual demon? Who would say such aloud?

Many such Folish questions remain unanswered as the denizens wait to see if there will be a banishment of one of their fellows.
Last edited by Blythe on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:06 pm

*bows his head to the new King* May King Purplefoot lead us from the deliverance of the demonic plague upon the land.
Stare into the Abyss... Feel the Darkness of the First Sins stare back.

Kenji Muramota-173295

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:36 pm

Deliverance *grins and nods* Yes all of that *huffs a laugh as he spends his time roaming around, trying to get an idea of anything worth noting

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:44 pm

I suppose I should stop snooping...I mean listening and call a vote...allow me to listen to your concerns and tell me who I should banish next *drops a bucket beside him for votes*

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:11 am

Topaz writes something on a piece of parchment, blows on it to dry the ink, folds it, and drops it in the bucket.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:15 am

Narrator wrote:The votes come slowly, and with Folish purpose. Perhaps the fear of giving away their loyalties or suspicion of their King is holding back the voices of the denizens.
As the marcs draw out longer, their chance to let their favor be known to King Purplefoot grows shorter.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:10 am

*digs through the bucket muttering* Parchment....vote...nope that a candy ball wrapper...that too...okay I see

*stands up and clears his throat* I have taken many things into account, and for reasons that I will not get into here...I have chosen NOT to banish anyone this day! May we enjoy more prosperity in the coming days with the next rulers of Fol!

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Narrator wrote:Denizens and demons alike rejoice at the Folish Kings choice. Riftershine comes to an end with no one being dramatically dragged through the streets and kicked out of their fair Kingdom.

And so Demon Eyes begins. Demons are free to carry out their evil deeds under the auspice of the three red moons.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:49 pm

Narrator wrote:The winds in Fol do little to lessen the unmistakable demonic laughter as it becomes apparent that yet another curse has been cast on another denizen.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:01 pm

Narrator wrote:A sudden acrid smell begins to eminate from Draca, as his body odor rose to a intolerable level, the scent was so intense that it drove the populace from him.

A stunned look would marinate upon his face as carrion eaters of bird and beast would come, attracted by the scent, to devour Draca and fill their bellies.

As the beasts and birds begin to attack him he at first fights back and begins to slay them, but it becomes clear that he isn't going to be able to fight all of them off. So he does the one thing he can do. He runs.
His ultimate fate is unknown as the denizens of Fol that might have peeked through their windows and doors are left the final sight of Draca being mercilessly hunted by ravenous birds and beasts with the taste for his rotting flesh.
Last edited by Blythe on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 pm

Narrator wrote:Demon Eyes ends with the remaining scent of terror in the air and Riftershine begins anew.

Vicegerent Raffe hesitantly comes from his home, looking around cautiously before making his announcement,”Sunrifter has risen again, good Denizens! Our ruler for this turn is King Kenji Muramato ‘the Anfractuous.’ May his reign be as Folish as he ever is!”
With that, Raffe retreats to his safety as the population continues to dwindle with each Riftershine.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:16 pm

shivers "That one makes me glad to be banished...." 8O
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:56 pm

Narrator wrote:The whispers of collusion are deafening as the denizens of Fol await the opportunity to sway the judgement of their Ruler.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:27 am

Narrator wrote:While the anxious denizens of Fol await the call for a vote by their newly dubbed Ruler, questions of his true intentions burn the rumor mill.
What reason for the delay? Does their ruler fear the Riftershine for any reason or does he fear the Demon Eyes coming at the end of his reign?
Many questions remain unanswered while King Kenji the Anfractuous keeps the Kingdom waiting with bated breath.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:37 pm

King Muramato the Anfractuous, nods to the Vicegerent Raffe "My thanks good man." looking upon the dwindling poplulace "Fellow Fol Citizens! I, the Anfractuous, Shall now losten to your words and deliberate upon the best action to ensue our longevity! You may come to me with your words publically or privately!" Settling in a chair with his sword across his lap waiting and thinking.

Kenji Muramota-173295

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Topaz began her adventuring hunting rats in the cellar, and has battled in some foul places -- N'rolav Branishor, the old Dead Zone. But what happened to Draca is hard for even her to stomach.

Eyeing the dwindling populace, she considers what will be the best advice to give King Kenji. It takes her a long time, but eventually she murmurs a few words into his ear.

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:42 pm

makes his way over to Kenji, looking around before mumbling a few things low enough for only him to hear

Kenji Muramota
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kenji Muramota » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:55 pm

King Kenji rises from his chair "I have heard your voices and have thought long and hard about this decision." pointing his sword at Tel "You have laid in the shadows long and hard, this does not give me any ease and for THAT. I banish you from the fair Kingdom of Fol on the grounds of suspision of demonic plotting!"

Kenji Muramota-173295

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Postby Blythe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Narrator wrote:Riftershine draws to an end with the guards dragging Telmacha from the streets of Fol and banished her forever from the Kingdom.

Demon Eyes rises over the lands, for now is the times for the demons to do their worst.
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”