Attention Adventurers:

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Attention Adventurers:

Postby Blythe » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:18 am

Attention Adventurers:

It has come to our attention that there is need for a level of caution through the lands that we have not seen in many cycles.

We do not have enough information to say anything other than there is a threat to our general safety, far greater than the beasts we hunt or even the leaderless rabble of demon that rear their ugly heads from time to time at the Crier's call.

This being said, we do not believe that there is any reason to take more than cautionary measures. The days of fighting the seemingly unending war against Balthazar and his demon horde are not so long past. The days of division are behind us. We have enjoyed a peace that many of us were not born to; and we have had several festivals to rejoice in our victories, friendships and revive the beauties of the land.

A couple of adventures have encountered an unusual person. This person inflicted deadly wounds with a strange bone staff. He has been described as follows:
Not noticeably tall or short.
Dark vestments, without armor.
Appeared strong; not feeble or small
Bone staff: uncommon, wielded similarly as an enchanter would.
Was seen raising a zombie from the ground.
His voice resonated evil: not familiar to the listener, not demonic.
Seemed to be immune to the blast of an enchanters staff.

When greeted/approached he responded as such:
Kneel before me. Feel real power.
Do you want to know a secret? Death is the only way to be truly free

Please be aware that those who have encountered this person was sent to their life monument, in a very painful way. One returned to find his body, post mortum, clumsily attacking as if it were a zombie of himself. One encounter was at the entrance of the Dark Forest and Northern Dundee, another in N'rolav Dark Forest near the Dark Tree.

It is our hope that this word of caution reaches many adventurers so that we may discover more information and be proactive in dealing with this new apparent threat. We would like for anyone that encounters or hears of an encounter to contact a member of the Iron Order. The more details we can collect and share among us all, the better prepared we will be for our future. It is our intent to keep everyone as well armed with information as possible. United, we have proven to be able to conquer all foes. The first steps are communication, trust, and reassurance.

We would like to reaffirm that caution and alertness are necessary. Be not afraid of what this unknown foe to our peace may threaten against us.

For Valorn, For the Queen.

Sincerely,
Iron Commander Raffe Rychmin
&
Iron Protector Cody Fireblade
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Re: Attention Adventurers:

Postby Blythe » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:09 pm

*a notice is tacked below this*
Immediate meeting in Dundee Inn to update all adventurers.

Seek out a member of the Order of you are unavailable to attend.

*signed*
Rx
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:02 pm

*wanders over to the notice board and tacks up another notice below the last one*

Adventurers,

Due to the attacks from Abayde being more frequent, we are sharing the basic strategy we have found works when dealing with relics and portals. Be aware that dealing with Abayde does involve some level of flexibility as each situation can be different.

Regarding relics and portals, the first thing to do is determine how many you are dealing with and where they are. The relics can be used to our advantage by luring zombies away while another relic is destroyed.
Second, try and limit movement in and out of the area, as we know that movement spawns more zombies. However it seems to be possible that using a portal into the area does NOT spawn anything.
For destroying the relics be aware that hitting them will also spawn more zombies of varying levels so be careful that you try not to let the zombie numbers get out of control. Strike it until it cracks and then have a cleric attack it to purify it and make it dissolve.
For portals, as they often spawn high level zombies, we recommend the "hit, heal, rejuv, repeat" method. Have one person and ideally one person only hitting the portal, everyone fights the spawned zombie, heal, rejuv and repeat until the portal flickers at which point the enchanter can collapse the portal.

It has been brought to our attention by Shadow that the level of zombie that spawns from the portal is dependent on the adventurer who hits the portal. If there are several people of a similar strength they can all go after one portal using the same method as above "one hits the portal, they all kill zombie, heal, rejuv, repeat" This could allow for several groups to attack different portals and clear them faster.

Hopefully giving everyone the basics of 'Relic and Portal Bashing 101' we can all work together to keep the lands safe from Abayde and his tricks. This will be updated as needed. As always thank you for your diligence in all you do.

The Iron Order

Cody F
Social Leech

Postby Cody F » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:52 am

I have updated this strategy with the new information we have just received, thank you again Shadow for bringing your observations to me

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”