Rainforest Tribe - The Campsite

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Zabka
New Adventurer

Rainforest Tribe - The Campsite

Postby Zabka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:55 pm

The marc is growing late when Zabka pads, barefoot, across the soft grass of the Worldbuilder Lawn. The rangy fellow stops to bend and examine the occasional bloom; gently brushing purple fingertips along the plump edges of petals. He picks a spot by the well, sits and waits for his kin. His silvery eyes trained across the meadow, watching for the first sign of movement.

((I'm missing a lot of you tribe folk IG with time zones and what not. I thought perhaps we could rp a little here :) ))

Nohnahm
New Adventurer

Re: Rainforest Tribe - The Campsite

Postby Nohnahm » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Nohnahm wanders in before long, her tipsy, uneven footsteps giving her away far before she is visible. When she sees Zab, her face crinkles into a smile.

"Spiritless haven't eaten you yet, youngling? I still see them not. Maybe they are scared of old Nohnahm."

She grimaces fiercely, but it creates more a comic affect since she only has a few teeth left in old gums.

"Seen the others? Tikitu was scared, last time we saw each others eyes."

Zabka
New Adventurer

Postby Zabka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:30 pm

"I am grown now, Nohnahm!" protests Zab, sounding the youngling now as well as looking one; cross-legged in the grass and peering up at the old woman.

He waves a dismissive hand, nose wrinkling, "The pink skins don't bother me... Tikitu was collecting those strange, metal discs that the spiritless collect when we last spoke." Zab itches his chin, and clicks his tongue in disapproval.

Melina
New Adventurer

Postby Melina » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:14 pm

*Smiles simply quietly, respectfully listening to the others*

Nohnahm
New Adventurer

Postby Nohnahm » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Nohnahm laughs - more of a cackle really - when Zabka mentions the pink skins. She clicks a greeting to Melina, her gnarled hand beckoning the girl nearer. "Safe here. Not to worry." Her golden eyes swivel back to the man. "Discs? For what? Wearing? Eating? Wooing?"

She throws her head back in a wild laugh at the last. "If Tikitu thinks to bed a pink skin, Nohnahm will have words for her." She goes into a tirade of clicks, wagging her finger and shaking her head at no one in particular.

She stops suddenly, staring into the distance. Then she takes a long swig of spirit cider and gives them both a wicked grin. "Perhaps Nohnahm will claim a Spiritless for her own. Teach him or her a thing or two."

Zabka
New Adventurer

Postby Zabka » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:14 pm

Zabka rumbles a low growl, silvery brow knitting in his displeasure, "The metal might be for wooing," he concedes, "They don't wear it and I bitten one to test, it didn't taste good..."

The shaman's gaze drifts to the darkening sky, contemplatively quiet for a moment before his thoughts are brought back down to earth by sounds of faint croaking. His hand drifts to a pouch at his belt, though his pale eyes return to Nohnahm, "Claim one?" he repeats, before asking simply, "Why?"

tikitu
New Adventurer

Postby tikitu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:01 pm

A faint rustling gives her away as she eavesdrops from nearby, her metallic eyes darting to each face as familiar tones emerge. Frowning, she fades back a little so her greedy ears may absorb more of her peoples' voices. She rubs her ears, multi-colored splotchy fingertips massaging, encouraging them...

Melina
New Adventurer

Postby Melina » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:33 pm

sits on the ground before Nohnahm, quiet and respectfully of her elders, speaks softly, in the clicking language that is their own "If you please..The pieces.. I have some... gave the spiritless, skins...they gave shiny pieces.. seems their way of trade... perhaps we can use them to get other things? Or information... if we can find a way to communicate with them..Find what we seek.."

Saiuthefas
New Adventurer

Postby Saiuthefas » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:31 pm

A disapproving clicking precedes Saiuthefas into the small camp, a muttering of sound. "I think our storykeeper should stay away from the sight of the Spiritless. It would not be good to lose the stories we have while hunting those we have lost." He unwinds a curl of freshly caught snake from a net-woven bag at his side, dropping it to the grass and following it down to skin and clean it. "They might taint you. Force you into those things they wear upon their feet." The cadence of his clicking lightens, a playful melody, as his deft fingers work the skin from the serpent.

Zabka
New Adventurer

Postby Zabka » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:57 am

Zab is quick to click his agreement, sparing a glance at the the newcomer as he works at unfastening the pouch at his belt. "True. It is bad enough that you should be here at all, Melina. The pink skins are heathens."

The sound of croaking subsides briefly as the shaman tenderly lifts a small, colourful frog from the pouch at his belt. "Hush, Tooantuh," he soothes, before setting the amphibian down onto the cool grass. Tooantuh crawls from Zab's purple fingers and hops a few paces away as the shaman returns his silvery gaze to his kin, "They drink the milk of other beasts. I can smell the stench upon them. Unclean."

Nohnahm
New Adventurer

Postby Nohnahm » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Nohnahm's head snaps up, her gold eyes flashing. "I was forgetting why we left our root caves at all. Melina, tell us a story to remind the reason. Nohnahm is old. She can't keep it all in her head at once anymore." She taps a craggy finger against her temple and grins at the young tribe member, then clicks an addendum about being influenced by the spirit cider most of the time anyhow. She takes a long draw on their ceremonial drink, then offers the container to Melina.

Thelm
New Adventurer

Postby Thelm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 pm

Thelm tramples into the campsite clumsily, clicking a greeting to those gathered and a louder one to any that may be hidden and eavesdropping. He pauses afterwards, wondering if he clicked correctly or instead commented on how nice everyone's hair was this turn...
Spotting the spirit cider exchanging hands a grin forms in his face and he strides swiftly with begging eyes towards Nohnahm, impatiently waiting his turn to drink.
"I met some of the spiritless. One of the shady ones told me that those metal discs were evil and offered to take them from me to... dispose, was it?" Thelm struggles to recall the words used. "I gave them all to him except this shiny one. It seems too pretty to be evil" Thelm displays a platinum coin while sitting down, still eyeing the spirit cider greedily.

Melina
New Adventurer

Postby Melina » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:19 pm

*takes the offered container with a nod, takes a small drink then hands it back to Nohnahm, reaches for the written form automatically, then sighs...listens to Thelm a moment, curiosity clear in her golden gaze, but closes her eyes and in a very quiet voice that only her kindred can hear she weaves the stories of their people, from memory*

Nohnahm
New Adventurer

Postby Nohnahm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:36 pm

*While she listens, Nohnahm hands the cider to Thelm and indicates he should pass it on after his turn*

Thelm
New Adventurer

Postby Thelm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 pm

*Thelm accepts the cider and takes some generous drinks from it. Then he smiles and happily offers the much lighter container to any takers, before laying down in a drunken stupor while listening to Melina's tale of the tribe*

Saiuthefas
New Adventurer

Postby Saiuthefas » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Saiuthefas clicks a greeting to Thelm as he joins them, his mouth lifting at the man's obvious enjoyment of the cider. As the story weaves and winds around them he slices off a chunk of snake, popping it in his mouth, before silently holding it out to the others in offering. His attention drifts periodically to the greenery that hides Tikitu, light eyes narrowed. As the story ends he lifts his voice far more than needed to reach Zabka's ears. "Where is your sister, have the Spiritless stolen her away?"

Zabka
New Adventurer

Postby Zabka » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Zabka watches the frog, lost in quiet thought as the storykeeper's voice colours softly the night's air. His gaze lifts at the clicking of his name, and likewise, his eyes drift over to Tikitu's hiding place before he tactfully averts them back to Saiuthefas. "I have not seen her this turn," he responds, equally as loudly, "I hope that she has not been foolish enough to have been taken. Else I shall be extremely cross." He stresses his final sentiments over toward the site of rustling leaves before again looking away as the butchered snake is passed around. His hand hovers for a moment over the remains as he carefully selects the animal's head from the jumble of meat.

Nohnahm
New Adventurer

Postby Nohnahm » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:12 pm

With a noisy sigh and the creak of aged joints, Nohnahm stands up to retrieve the skin of spirit cider. She stops to pick up a tiny piece of the snake and tucks it into her cheek. She clicks her thanks to Saiuthefas and then stands directly in front of the rustling leaves, facing the group. "Lost often, that one. In her thoughts mostly, I think. Maybe a shiny will bring her out. Melina, give Nohnahm one of those discs." She holds out her wrinkled hand, not even considering for a moment that her demand might be rude. Age filtered out most of her manners long ago.

Melina
New Adventurer

Postby Melina » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:56 pm

*quickly digs into a small fur covered pouch and pulls out a bit of silver, hops up and hands it to Nohnahm without hesitation*

Nohnahm
New Adventurer

Postby Nohnahm » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Nohnahm holds the disc high in the air so that the light reflects off it and upon them all. Dappled purple skins are illuminated, almost from within. "Pretty." She hunkers back down to the ground and places the disc off to the side in a clear patch of grass and then pointedly ignores it.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”