Smithy

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Smithy

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:44 pm

((Given my recent posts, and recent/past events in the game... I'd really like to go about getting things sorta back to the norm despite wherever the Drakon story-line goes. *reference 'Food for Thought' post* I had so much fun actually taking Real life time and reading up on forging/smithing and so... with the help of Ary, her and Bris will be working on a smithery of their own. Separate from their guilds. This will be the two players coming together and working toward this. We will be playing around with a rough idea of where we'd like it to be as the spot currently is just an OOC warning area. So the vast majority of any rp at the forge will probably be here. We aren't looking for anything, but to simply have fun and design things for folks. We'll be using this thread to at first get things set up then for orders, etc.))

"A forge... a place for Ary and I to work..." He says to himself as he makes his way through Dundee, bobbing and weaving through the streets as he makes his way southeast. Once he's cleared the town he eyes the east, seeing High King Deeks statue in the distance. As he walks, patting absent-mindlessly at the sheath that houses Drakaina. "I had fun forging her..." He shakes his head, grinning as he realizes he had been talking with himself. With a clear mind he realizes he'd arrived at the old abandoned lot.

He pulls a frown when he sees all of the clutter and destruction left in the wake of... justice. "I'll be blasted to N'rolav... this... this will take some cleaning up." He mutters to himself as he sets to writing out a letter and quickly sends his bird off.
Last edited by Brisingr Blaze on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Smithery

Postby Bifrost Janger » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:44 am

((not sure if I've posted this in the right place, but hey-ho!))

I already have an order in with Aryana and Brielle, but seens as though you're helping out too and they're tied up with cannon tinkering...

Bif would like some tools, along with nuts, bolts, screws etc, casting for the Gremlins of the Hollowed Tree. With them having to make near constant repairs to the Junk Golem, they often run low on supplies. Copies of the Gremlin's own schematics can be found in the workshop area of the Hollowed Tree, if you would prefer to work from those - Bif found them rather difficult to decipher and made his own sketches in his journal instead (journal currently misplaced!)

Let me know if you need anything or anymore direction... or if I owe you any plat for your troubles.

Many thanks
Bif x
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:01 pm

((I will post mini/scenes here and of course it goes without saying our characters do do things while we aren't playing them. Hopefully Ary will follow suit. This is all new to me so it'll be interesting to play out, so please bare with me. I also know there are other forges to use... but this is this and that is that.))

Brisingr nods slowly as he takes in Bifs words. "A right good cause one of which I don't mind getting the metal myself for. And since they are currently busy with the cannon... which I'll probably end up helping with if they need it..." He shakes his head, "But I digress... I'd be happy to take this task for the little... fellows." He tells him and with that he departs.

With a task in mind he sets off for the gremlins tree in search of the specs mentioned to him. He had wandered the tree on countless trips, but this trip was different... he was hoping to 'borrow' or at the very least gleam some knowledge from the blueprints.

"Complete savages, my rear Bos end." He mutters to himself as he looks things over. Absently he reaches into his side satchel amd starts to make some notes. "Might need some molds for these.. but these shouldn't be to difficult." He ponders allowed as he starts to look around at some of the gremlins gathering around the rooms archway. With a bit of concentration he disappears and reappears elsewhere in a flash of light. "Always useful..."

For the next several marcs he sorts through the mess that is the potential forge area... separating the useful metal and what have you from the heaps of debris.

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Olivia Pratt » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:25 pm

She happens to be walking by when she hears noises. Curious (as usual) she stops and pokes her head in. "Ooo what are you doing Brisingr? Can I help?"
If Valorn is to survive, we must embrace our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths. We can not do this alone. Alone we accomplish very little, but together we can face any challenge. - Anonymous

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:16 am

Brisingr looks up from a pile of debris, sweat dripping off of him so he reaches to clean off his face with his sleeve, eyeing the voice. "Oh Olivia." He says as a smile starts to wonder across his features. It was clear he'd been working for a couple of dozen marcs as several piles... organized piles to him litter the ground around this former hall. "Trying to set up a place for Aryana and I to work metal... a smithery of our own, a forge." He gestures his hands outward, as if to encompass everything there. "You wouldn't believe the stuff they had... several different molds for varying things. The time that'll save me." He rambles on as if she had known from the word go what he was harping on about and as if he'd completely missed the offer of help.

With a shake of his head, he reaches his hand to his ear as if to clean them out. "All of this work, 'bout all I really here are some words then 'thump' 'thump'. Least my heart is still working." He muses as he picks up an old mold. "Screws... this is just one I needed." He says as he goes to set it off to the side. "Just need a bunch of strange metal then I can start on some... little gift parts for the gremlins fer Bif."

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Olivia Pratt » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Bounces in place and claps her hands excitedly. "A new smith shop! That sounds great! Ooo and I have a bunch of Strange Metal left over from hunting in the western mountains!" Giggles and bounces over to Brisingr, not seeming to mind the heat as she hands him several pieces of the metal. Then she flips on her goggles and wanders around looking at things with bright curiosity.
If Valorn is to survive, we must embrace our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths. We can not do this alone. Alone we accomplish very little, but together we can face any challenge. - Anonymous

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:25 pm

"The forge is a long ways from complete as the..." He begins to gesture upward. "Did a good job of making sure folks learnt a lesson from this." With that said he begins to gesture around the area but then stops when the metal is deposited into his grasp. "Hmm" He ponders with a smile. "This should be enough to get things done for Bif."

As Olivia looks around the area in her... usual fashion, he begins to find a spot to place the metal for the time being.

It was clear from looking around that there was still a lot to clean up but as marcs passed he would come and go carrying off junk making the area at least a little less dangerous to venture around.

He made a quick stop by the forge in New Fartown, taking notes on the things he would needed.

As turns passed by he would gather the things required to set up the forge and he even went and bought a tent to camp in.

Lastly, he set up a sign: "Brisingr and Aryana Smithery"

AryanaMoonsong
New Adventurer

Postby AryanaMoonsong » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Ary meanders over finally to the area, stopping to look at the sign and chuckling quietly. "We are going to have to find a better name for this place. Something like the "Scrap yard" or the like perhaps. I'll discuss it with Bris when I find him"

She put her hands on her hips to survey the area, taking note of the beginning parts of the clean up that Bris had obviously started on, nodding with a grin and slight roll of her shoulders as she only then spotted Olivia as well and waved to her. "Here there my dear. Come to help us out with the clean up?" She was nice and cheerful as she continued on the separating Bris had apparently done, moving what workable scrap metal she found to one of the various piles that had already been started.

She made a separate pile for the stuff that needed to be thrown out, she would let Bris carry those off, sometimes it was all right to let the men do the heavy lifting after all. She let out a quiet laugh at her own thought as she made mental notes of what she needed to bring herself, seeing that the enchanter had already set up his own tent. He had clearly been at this for a few turns before she had been able to break away and find the marcs to join him in their mutual endeavor. As she worked, she would begin to sing a merry tune, something about a boy and his dog and the many crazy antics and adventures they were apt to get themselves entangled in.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:21 pm

Brisingr arrives to hear someone singing a tune, and gives his head a shake. It wasn't very oft' or well oft' at all that he'd return to the encampment with actual people there. He clears his throat when he gets in rang, "Ah, Ary!" He chimes out as he adjusts his hammer in its loop. "You look like you've made yourself comfy here about as much as Olivia has. With all the damage to this place it could take a while... but I'm trying to clear living space and a place to work... then it'll become a clean as we go instead of a clean to even get set-up."

He notices some of the piles had been added to, and so he firmly nods his approval at each pile until he gets to the pile that was rubbish. It was empty. "So... a rubbish pile, hm?" He inquires knowing full well the answer already, so he begins to pick up a good armful and begins to head off with it as he does so he calls back, "I've been visiting New Fartown asking after where they got some of their stuff from... the anvil and stuff will cost a rather nice piece of platinum since we won't be using the guild ordering forms, but should be within both of our working budgets."

AryanaMoonsong
New Adventurer

Postby AryanaMoonsong » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Ary looks up, stopping mid-tune as she grins brightly, standing up and wiping here hands on her own robes as she makes her way over to Bris. "Yeah, sorry it took me a few turns to get here, but I had some other stuff to take care of first." She noticed him looking around the various piles and upon hearing him speak of the rubbish pile, she just laughs heartily, a twinkle of merriment in her eyes. "You can't expect me to do all the heavy lifting. Besides, you can just poof away with it and be back quicker than I could be"

Having said that, she noticed a few small cuts from the metal on her hands, which she quickly and easily heals. "Hey Bris, on your way back, could you pick up a few sets of leather gloves to have on hand for us? Plus extra for anyone else who might drop by and be willing to help us clean up?" There was no need for any of them to get hurt while they were cleaning, even if she could heal them up or they could run into Dundee really quick were she not around.

"And I think between us we most likely have enough coin to handle the buying of the parts we re going to need. If not, we just take some time to farm for it, or maybe we should set up a donation box!" She laughed at her own suggestion, not really expecting anyone to donate to their cause, this was something for her and Bris to do and enjoy, plus it was a good way for her to spend the coin that she rarely spent on herself. Once he had taken the rubbish away, she watched Olivia for a few moments as she wandered around, wondering what sort of interesting knick-knacks her adopted daughter might come across. With a light shrug, she resumed her merry melody and continued to clean and separate the junk from that which was useable. She would worry about gathering her tent and supplies once she had cleared a space for herself.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:50 pm

As he recalled to Dundee, he could partly make out what Ary had said, something about picking up some leather gloves. So after getting rid of the debris he had with him, he ventured up toward Milltown and purchased a couple of different pairs of gloves in varying sizes. With that taken care of he returns to the Smithery site, looking around.

He heads over to the tent and puts down several pairs of gloves for any that might venture here and puts on a pair of his own. He was glad he had someone around, someone that would have his best interest in mind as this whole time he had been working without gloves and had several small cuts along his fingers and forearms due to carrying metal.

Padding over to a spot, he calls over to Aryana, "What about setting things up here once we clear this corner out a bit more? I would say we could rebuild one of the buildings, but... Ben really trashed this place good. A lot of the original foundation is shoved into the ground and torn into shambles." As he talks to tries to move a piece of granite. "See... he lodged some of this stuff so far into the ground... it'll never come out. It does however add a certain... charm to this place for lack of a better term."

With that said he ventures back to cleaning up the pile Aryana was ever so nicely putting together for him. During one of his trips to get rid of debris, he stops by New Fartown and attempts to get the contact info for the person or persons that supplied the forge supplies to the man there. At first not having much luck (probably due to not wanting competition :wink: ) but then after some talking he managed to not only get in contact with the supplier, but also managed to set up a delivery in a few turns. If he had been drinking tea the cost would've caused him to spit it out!

Upon returning this last time he tells Aryana the good news and adds in how sore his wallet is. "Rather sure they inflated the price of the anvil on me, but I had just enough in my own funds to get it done. As for your part of things, I'm gonna be farming for a while... so small things like covering metal costs and stuff..." He trials off and pats at his hammer, "Luckily I still have this that I bought when I made Drakaina."

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Olivia Pratt » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:55 am

Spots Ary and bounces over for a hug. "Ooo this place is so neat! What can I do to help mom?" Looks around eagerly for something to do.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:25 pm

The plains surround you and off in the not so far distance one can glimpse the statue of the former High King of Valorn. This area was once a place of destruction brought down by the wraith of the Gods, and in some places of this lot that can still be seen. Several piles litter the ground, and upon closer inspection most of it appears to be metals and wood. In the Southeast corner of this lot stands the former entrance to an old guild hall, but now it serves a different purpose as it houses a make-shift building for the workers.

Not much else can be made out what it used to be due to the ruins that dot the landscape. A lot of the stonework from this place is driven into the ground and un-moveable by mortal hands so the keepers of this plot have decided to decorate around the carnage by painting different markings upon the blocks.

The center of this lot gives birth to the forge that now resides here. The heat scorches the ground around it, and litters the dirt with ash. A metal rack is set up three paces away from the forge and gives nest to all of the varying tools a smither would need.

The anvil appears to be made of black steel from the Eastern Mountains, and has a low shine to it due to how new it is. Which over time will surely change.

((This is a rough idea of what the place looks like now that they've put the work into cleaning things up and organizing everything. Clearly some things couldn't be moved due to just how brutal it was, but this will give folks a place holder scene to work with going forward.))

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:58 pm

Topaz had heard that Brisingr was building a new forge somewhere on the southern plains. Curious, she walked along the path around the gremlin tree, toward the statue of High King Deek, and followed the sounds of metalwork.

She looks admiringly at the new anvil.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:22 pm

As Brisingr worked all he could really hear was either the sound of the hammer hitting the metal... Or as it the sound of the blood pounding in his ears. It really had been to long since he worked metal last so his body was sore and his face puddled in sweat that he had to continuously look up to clear off and upon doing so this last time he came face to face with Topaz. He stops his hammer mid-swing and deposits it into his belt loop. "Greetings Topaz!" He exclaims rather loudly, his body still unsure of volume levels, he clears his throat and tries again, this time slightly more normal, "Topaz, it's an honor to see you here."

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 am

"Greetings, Brisingr," replies Topaz. "I heard you were staring a forge so of course I had to look in. That's a nice new anvil." She looks more carefully at Brisingr's work. "Is this for the cannon project, or what?"

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:58 pm

"I know at present they plan ta use your forge. This is nothing on the scale of what you have, this is for Ary and I to enjoy. We will be working on weapons with the intent on opening up a shop." He says to her as he looks around then pats at his hip. "Drakaina was fun to make and Ary had a lot of fun making her dagger, so we plan ta share that fun."

With that he gestures to a few rough examples hanging up. "I'm a little rusty due to..." His tone drips off, then picks back up. "I plan to heed my own call with life instead of waiting on what my never come. I was foolish in waiting so long."

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Topaz looks at the examples. "I'd like to do more weapons work myself," she says. "Mostly I've been specializing in armor." She glances down at her wyvern-scale armor. "But I have students now, and they're going to be needing swords."

"I wonder if you'll have trouble with gremlins down here," she adds.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Brisingr eyes the armor as he listens to Topaz speak, nodding slowly as he takes in the details of the craft, admiring the time it took. He gives his head a shake to drive away the trance, "Your students you say...would you.. want me to make them?" He offers then realizes he had spoken to quickly so he stops and listens to her.

"The gremlins... I am hoping that I don't have any problems from them as I do recall what they did to His statue."

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:19 am

"So do I," agrees Topaz grimly. "I think part of Bifrost's problem is that he *doesn't* recall it personally and just brushes off what others do recall. But about my students -- no, I'll purchase weapons for them when appropriate, but it would be a good thing if I learned more about weapon forging. Do you remember Kammeron by any chance?"

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”