From Afar

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
RETIRED FROM DG
New Adventurer

From Afar

Postby RETIRED FROM DG » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 pm

With a weary stagger, Walker Stormbowe puts one foot in front of the other unable to do any more. Cradled in his arms lies Valya Oxblood and despite his wounds and physical state Walker is careful to not disturb his bondmate as they travel. Unable to wipe the sweat from his face, Walker sighs and shakes his head trying to clear his eye. Leaning down to place his cheek against Valya's, Walker takes but a moment to steal a deep breath and straightens up to resume their journey.

In a small voice tinged with sorrow, Walker speaks softly to his bondmate as they move ever closer to the lands they love.

I'm so sorry Valya. I tried. I truly tried and....

With a tiny sob Walker cradles Valya closer to him as they trudge along.

But know this....there is nowhere you can go that I will not follow. There is nothing you can do that I will not be by your side for. You are my bondmate and I will always be by your side.

As he walks Walker's gait slows and he stumbles as memories of what he had to do to retrieve Valya floods his memories. The scars on his face burn and he can not help but think of the his eye dangling uselessly from the claw.....

Nothing I will not do my love. Nothing.

Looking off into the distance Walker spies Dundee and shifting Valya into a more comfortable position in his arms he takes a deep breath and continues down the path.

We're almost home Valya. Almost home.
RETIRED

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”