Letter from Afar

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Valya
Adventurer

Letter from Afar

Postby Valya » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:25 pm

*A note, the parchment smells of flowers and salt air*

The clerics here assure me this bird knows the way to you, though I know not how. I myself do not even know where I am. The last few turns are a blur. I recall feeling out of control, lashing out at friend and enemy alike. Then hopeless. The only way to protect those I loved was to flee, knowing this madness was about to overcome me completely.

I wandered aimlessly, eventually so consumed by insanity that I didn’t even know who I was. I woke in a small chamber with light streaming in, and the friendly faces of these few clerics who now minister to me. I am extremely weak, practically like a newly hatched initiate again. No longer can I call on the power of the Gods to bless others. I pray they will allow me to regain my profession when I am well enough.

In addition, all my gear and belongings were lost along the way. I probably threw them right out! Thankfully, Telmacha’s beautiful book-dress is forever imbedded in my mind. Hopefully she will be able to recreate it for me when I’m allowed to return to Valorn.

They tell me this madness will descend on me again. Their treatments can only keep it at bay for three cycles at most. I must return here – wherever HERE is - every few cycles to have my blood cleansed of it. I’m thankful to be returning to my senses, but it is it bittersweet because I can now recognize the foolishness and selfishness of my actions.

My dear friends - and especially my Twilight family - I am sorry to have caused worry, pain, or distress. I grow a bit stronger each turn and hope to be restored to you soon.

All my love,
Valya
-Valya Oxblood
Small but mighty

Ellyana Lilli
I talk WAY too much

Re: Letter from Afar

Postby Ellyana Lilli » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Dearest Valya,

Trust me when I tell you there is nothing to forgive. Hopelessness, frustration and other emotions overwhelm us all at some point in life and we all respond differently in our attempts to right whatever feels wrong -- sometimes in ways we later regret. It is a fundamental principle of being human. Fault only applies when we refuse to see and accept any consequences of action to right a wrong. I don't think you've done anything wrong by following your heart - even on impulse however I do wish I could have been there for you at the time. Sadly I've been chasing my own demons of which there are many.

I miss and love you as much as ever my dear sister and I know the rest of our family and your friends feel the same.

Wherever you are know that I am sending you love, strength and positive thoughts. I hope the treatments help you feel better and you'll return to us whole and more clear-headed. I know you'll find your way back one way or another and we will be here for you with open arms when you do.

Love always,

Ellyana x
'When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth' ~George A. Romero
'Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart'

Ellyana - 118743

quintine
New Adventurer

Postby quintine » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Valya,

I am just relieved you are on your way through the healing process. I know things went wrong and the mind can fold when the demons come calling. As part of your family Know that I care for you and will always be there to support you while you are going through These troubled times. I call it a blessing that you are back with us all. May the peace find you and shroud you with its caring heart to heal your troubled heart and mind.

From your beloved brother Nightshade.

Topaz
I talk WAY too much

Postby Topaz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Dear Valya,

I was so grieved to hear of your illness! Thank all the gods that you are recovering. Please obey the advice of your healers, and know that all of us miss you and will be glad when you are well again and with us all.

Lillya
Adventurer

Postby Lillya » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:03 am

*a note penned in elegant script but small circles of dried tears mar the page* I was dreadfully worried over you beside myself with worry. When you return I shall be atached to your side just carry me in your pack. Im glad you sent word even as I myself have lost my way....do return soon

Olivia Pratt
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Olivia Pratt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:37 pm

*penned in her usual flowery script* Yaaay! I'm happy to hear that you're getting help for your illness. I will keep hoping to see you again some turn! Good luck Valya! *a bunch of hearts and flowers are drawn at the bottom of the parchment beneath her signature*

Love Olivia
If Valorn is to survive, we must embrace our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths. We can not do this alone. Alone we accomplish very little, but together we can face any challenge. - Anonymous

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”