Seeker of Drakon

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Seeker of Drakon

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 am

It was a turn like any other and Brisingr was finishing up his meal: a simple fruit and nut bowl. He didn't each much in the way of burgers and he didn't consume ale like all the others that graced the local inns and taverns with their presence. He strictly stuck to tree moss tea and fruits with the very seldom burger thrown in just so that his body didn't give up on him.

Brisingr padded around the Mosaic, looking down at it as he did his laps. His gaze intent upon the orange shard and its pulse... he studied it till all else around him seemingly disappeared into nothing. It was like Drakon was there with him, he could almost hear the beating of the pulse and with a shake of his head he shifts his gaze, he glares at the red shard with questionable intent and everything from plenty of turns past came flooding back to him. Her strength renewed. Her 'forgiveness' for transgressions. Her answers in the form of figures playing out as he followed.

His intent was as it had been for the longest... or was it? He was lost mentally, he was unsure of himself and he was barely focusing enough to go through the turnly motions of interacting with those that might wonder upon him. Luckily, he could still trust his writing hand for when he would receive a note or two from people checking up on him. He wasn't sure what he would do next and his natural instincts didn't even seem to work anymore... Balthazar was dead. What enemies did they truly have left? Small grievances from the different races around Valorn... but nothing on the scale of Him.

With the one true enemy dead, he could focus all of his might into searching for Drakon... into answers, keeping his promise upon the ring. That he would Seek the truth. He had never felt such an internal conflict before, so much so that he could 'feel' his very heart being torn asunder like it was fired from a cannon. Drakon to him represented something more... he was never truly satisfied with just how he was... he wanted to be more than just a simple Enchanter. He wanted to be like the Ryndarians.

Giving his head a swift shake, so much so that he thought it would pull his head from its very place upon his shoulders. His thoughts... clouded. He couldn't shake off how he felt: Betrayed by the Goddess and now... potentially attacked by the very Being he pledged himself too. Drakon had been so quiet that the beating of the shard in Mosaic was his only indication that he was OK. At times he swears he could hear something...

But each and every time it was simply...

Just the beating of his own heart.

OOC: Since I'm not getting to play as much (mainly due to Halloween, Christmas and Valentines day = Retail life). Those holidays in retail are so close together especially when you are over candy. I digress though... things have been quiet and that is to be expected during his time of year and he was Winters Warming to look forward too. Which I will more than likely try my best to enjoy with Brisingr, if not will probably try some of my alts out. Given the story right now... I'm not really sure where to go with Brisingr right now. The above scene is something anyone would witness if they was to visit him. It's what he does now... he tries to act normal, who is really normal any-whom? It is something he'd share with you if asked... he doesn't like feeling his lost and he doesn't want folks to really worry about him. If there is a good OOC reaction to this, then I very well might do some more scenes like this, even if they do get to the point of just being something you are OOCly reading and could learn gleam from him IG.

Bifrost Janger
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Seeker of Drakon

Postby Bifrost Janger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:49 pm

I'd certainly read them if you were to write more, Bris. I always enjoy reading tales and adventurer's journals. I'd be glad to see more of them from everyone! It's always interesting to see what other people are doing in their turn-to-turn lives.
Fear is a strange soil. It grows obedience like corn, which grow in straight lines to make weeding easier. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground. - Terry Pratchett

Wenulu
New Adventurer

Re: Seeker of Drakon

Postby Wenulu » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:56 am

Ooc: I enjoyed reading it. Wen hasn't had much interaction with Brisingr so it was interesting to read about him.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”