Notes on the Bronze.

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Notes on the Bronze.

Postby Viviyana » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:02 pm

** Another carefully crafted parchment hangs in the Dundee Outpost Meeting Room. **

Here is a brief summary of information on the Bronze Entity. There are many details, over 24 cycles worth. This is meant as just basic knowledge in case it is needed. We have every reason to suspect that the Bronze Entity is within the Dark Fortress in some capacity, Azeraphel also has a strong interest in it as does Balthazar. How much of a player this entity will be in the coming incursion is unknown. If anyone wishes to add information that they think is pertinent please feel free to do so.

Notes on the Bronze Entity.

The bronze entity first came to our attention through a vision. There was a small gathering to try to cleanse a desecrated toga. They were given a vision instead. In it:

The darkened image of a subterranean temple hazed slowly into view, monochrome, vastly ancient, dripping in evil tones. The doors were barred and hidden by tumbles of shattered rock. A voice scattered words in a long dead language, echoing with power as a pulse emanated from the structure, wrapping it in a burst of inky tendrils. The image shattered away, leaving behind the distinct impression of a 'Rifterian face twisted in anger and triumph, seen and yet unseen, with glowing bronze-flame eyes.

Shortly after the Archmage Azeraphel led an expedition into a new branch of the rogue tunnels, one lined in bronze. He carried with him a dark book of sacrifices that we had gotten off the Diaconus. He was bloodied and cut with each step, finally making it to a portal that we were seeking to close. He again read from the book as some force assaulted him, shadows, caustic in nature wound up his arms. He said: "Forsaken, I find thee. Broken, I name thee. Unsighted, I see thee. Shattered, I swear thee. Drakon, I name thee." And the portal shattered.

On the way to the portal the Queen had been attacked, and afterwards she shared with us all a vision she had had of what appeared to be the inside of a large temple. There was darkness every where, and tendrils curling across every available surface. There were broken bodies and body parts. In front of her there was an altar.

In was not until last cycle that we were able to make our way into the parts of these bronze tunnels that were blocked to us. We found what appears to be a sunken temple or an ancient center for learning. There are images of the gods bestowing knowledge on humans, a lecture hall, a room for the observation of the sky and libraries. All the way to the east we found a room that appeared to have contained an entity, human in shape. There were smashed bindings all in hues of red and demon tracks, indicating that whatever that room held is now in the possession of Balthazar.

To access this room took the sacrifice of five bronze items, five of seven items that have been 'gifted' to adventurers. Synvasti's Bronze Blossom, Zanaan's Bronze Crystal, Dimitri's Bronzed Die, Viviyana's Bronzed Ultimate Weapon, Brisingr's Bronzed Ring, Kairiel's Bronzed Mask and Aryana's Bronzed Crystal Rocky.

We had a chance to ask Miranda about the bronze entity at the Branishor temple. At first she seemed startled, then got a faraway look in her eyes and recited: "In flames of bronze, in tortured pain, our searing loss is all his gain." told us mortals to be safe and dissipated.

Several times when in need the Bronze has seemed to answer the call of those who beseech it. Imbuing them with almost inhuman power, or other blessings. It has also warned of impending danger on several occasions. It speaks of being cast out, of being held captive, of wanting to save us and so on.
Azeraphel has been seen several times exploring the bronze, and he alone seems to know of the entity and what it pertains to.

In Service,

- Iron Protector Viviyana

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Re: Notes on the Bronze.

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:53 pm

I'd say right spot on, thank you for the posting.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”