Scible's Wanted Posting; Of Famed Adventurers

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Cenny
Experienced Adventurer

Scible's Wanted Posting; Of Famed Adventurers

Postby Cenny » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:20 pm

((This posting is made in the PoV and behalf of my alt, Harkyne Scible (#191999) and has no connection whatsoever to Cenny.))

Over the past many cycles, I have searched far and wide across the land for stories and names of adventurers who have touched Valorn, be it by name or by deed. It is my eventual intention to turn the things I learn into a nostalgic record for old and new adventurers alike, and for those who enjoy the stories of old as much as I do. However, the gathering of these anecdotes of personality and deeds that put heart to the name can at times be difficult to come by. It is with optimism and beseeching that I turn to my fellow adventurers at large.

I have already gathered a small number of stories and notes, and the basic sponsoring and profession and guild-relating information of a number of these adventurers, but those are bare bones compared to the stories I hope to gather into a record. The list of names I have gathered is in no way comprehensive - I welcome additions, as well as the reasons their inclusion might be a good one. However, no present adventurers will be included in the listing for the time being - only the gone or rare.

If you have a story you wish to share, in brief or at length, of any of these, I welcome you to send me a letter of it or seek me out in the land. Once the record takes form, all those who contributed will be credited in name for their part. As I have never met many of these, I am merely a gatherer of a history foreign to me.

Once I have sufficient information on individuals, I will begin to release entries of these memorable adventurers.

Thank you to any and all who might contribute.

((OOC note// As I realize DG history can be a strange subject at times, I will be keeping in mind things that may have changed over the years. Things that may be considered ooc or rule-breaking now will either be omitted or noted oocly when I start forming up the actual records. I have been informed that a few on this list had lost their titles in intervening years, but have for the moment left those titles up, hopefully to no one's offense.

It is largely my hope to create a record full of positive/neutral entries as possible. And of course, if any of the players of these characters are found to not want their inclusion in this, I will not hesitate to remove names (or record entries).

I love every bit of roleplay that's come from this thus far!))

Aesculapius the Persistent
Agape Mephistophelia
Iron Knight Alfin Slowhand
Anu Shadowryder the Portal Walker
Blade Weaver Arlanna the Keen
Asrai the Cartoonist
Iron Knight Azure Greenhills the Fable-Teller
Ba-Ku
Steel Chef Cerberus Servant of Light
Chade Fallstar
Iron Knight Cyno
Dagobert the Dagobert
High King Deek the Powerful
Scholar Dirk Dragonstale
Captain Eldrin Ivanshine the Magic Pirate
Fleur
Hentez the Benevolent
Iron Knight Islander the Demon Slayer
Ixon Fier the Sly
Leetle Jimmy Kitten
The Intrepid JKD the Legendary
Korba the Faithful
Korrith
Kouzan Mogul the Impavid
Temple Guardian Lyndhen the Beast Slayer
Maji
Royal Cartographer Morris
Mylor Clearspring Talespinner
Rendotts the Holy
Iron Knight Renoch Blosno
Richard DeVille
Maven Shakl Kull
Shalandra the Wanderer
Iron Knight Sreip Enudreklaw
Royal Minstrel Steelthunder the Virtuoso
Sylent One Oathkeeper
Thorin the Dainty
Lineagist Urkki
Iron Knight Valera
Valor Nilsus
Vardian the Gentle
Venus Darkmoon the Humble
Iron Knight Viktor Blackheart
Iron Knight Wallace Nite

Korba
Veteran

Re: Scible's Wanted Posting; Of Famed Adventurers

Postby Korba » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPatfgoNBRo

Also remind me about this please, I have some stories I would love to share about Lyndhen, Maji and Sylent One in particular.

Korba

Cenny
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Cenny » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:54 am

((Harkyne Scible #191999))

After some many cycles, I would say that this is a difficult project. Nevertheless, it is one I intend to continue to pursue, with some modification. It occurs to me that putting out a long list of names, while more or less thorough, may be overwhelming. This occurs to me partly because attempting to tackle the whole of the list at once is also overwhelming.

I do grow nearer to completing records, though, however slow progress might be. Beginning over the course of the next several cycles, I will begin to update this posting with concise requests, each leading up to a particular release of records. Records will be made in fours: one representative of each profession.

Please do note that the initial posting's list is not comprehensive of the adventurers I seek to learn of - nor will all on it necessarily have records. Those I can make records of largely depend on those I can find memory of.

The Important Update

Within roughly a cycle, I aim to release the first four records. After deliberation, I have settled on the first four. Please seek me out or send word if you knew these, or wish to relate things about them. I will take into consideration all I can to form the records.

Warrior: Iron Knight Azure Greenhills the Fable-Teller
Rogue: Leetle Jimmy Kitten
Enchanter: Anu Shadowryder the Portal Walker
Cleric: Temple Guardian Lyndhen the Beast Slayer

Additionally, I have decided to include some questions one might consider, to aid in understanding the types of things I wish to learn and record.
...If they were titled, how did that come about?
...Did they ever express to you particular or unusual views? In regards to professions, happenings, places, gear, travel, blessings/enchantments, etc etc etc?
...Did they have any unusual manners of greeting, parting, or things they often said? Similarly, did they have an unusual accent or atypical way of talking?
...What involvement did they have in their current events?
...Were they known for any particular skills or lack thereof?

These questions and more apply to the list of four I've provided, as well as the rest of the list. As always, I offer all gratitude to any who may aid me in this, and to all who have.

Harkyne

P.S. Thank you, Korba. I will be in touch soon.

Cenny
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Cenny » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:17 pm

So, that didn't happen.

After many cycles of research and deliberation, I have come to a conclusion - not every secret of the past will be revealed. I still hold these notes. If someone is interested in the memories, I will answer. But as for a record...it is unlikely I will complete this effort.

The memories, good and bad, were worth the time I put to this. They were fascinating.

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”